Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E72 - Firmware Version 91.XX

Contributor
betonguray

pretty odd for v71 as before upgrading to v91 my fw's already on v81.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nicee

IM EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEM. AFTER UPDATING MY SOFTWARE WITH THIS ANNOYING VERSION, MY APPLICATION MANAGER DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE & SOMETIMES MY E72 FREEZES. THIS IS SO ANNOYING! WHAT I DID WAS, I WENT TO THE NOKIA CENTER (IM FROM PHILIPPINES BY THE WAY) I TOLD THEM WHAT HAPPENED, AND GUESS WHAT THEY TOLD ME?! THEY ARE GOING TO REINSTALL THE SOFTWARE IN MY PHONE TO FIX IT BUT I NEED TO PAY FOR IT! I SAID WHY DO I NEED TO PAY FOR IT? YEAH I UNDERSTAND THAT MY PHONE IS NOT UNDER WARRANTY ANYMORE BUT THE POINT IS, IT'S NOKIA'S FAULT! THEY UPLOADED THIS FIRMWARE VERSION THAT CAUSED US TROUBLE! ALL I DID WAS UPDATED MY PHONE & BOOM! IT GAVE ME PROBLEM! & NOW THEY ARE ASKING ME TO PAY FOR IT?! WHAT THE HECK! AND THE WORST PART, THEY TOLD ME THAT NOKIA MIGHT NOT RELEASE A NEWER VERSION OF THIS FIRMWARE ANYMORE FOR NOKIA E72!

Please use plain text.
wahyudi_E72

to yrf168 : hi..,i am from indonesia and i have same problem ..,app manager can't be accessed..,but this solution work for me.. i hope it will work for you.., i restart my E72 (*#7370#) and choose the languange to indonesia ( malaysia choose melayu ) . it work ..,i can access the app.manager ..,then i try to change the languange to english / automatic..,the app manager can't be accessed anymore.., then i change back the languange to indonesia..,app manager work fine.., just try to change your languange .. hope it work for u
Please use plain text.
Contributor
betonguray

thank you very much wahyudi_E72. No need to hard reformat(*#7370#), just selecting home language solves the problem! Hello again apps manager! :-) thanks again wahyudi_E72!
Please use plain text.
Sushrut

Hello - I did both (Hard and Soft reset) as per your advise. The contact search is rectified.BUT the Application Manager DOES NOT work.

We need urgent attention from the Nokia Tech team.

thanks

Sushrut (India)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rmottard

Don't do a asoft or hard reset.

Change your language oft your phone.

Think that there a small bug in the update.

Please use plain text.
Sushrut

Hi Astra,

Thank you for the solutions. The contact search feature has worked post doing the actions recommended by you - BUT the other aspect of Application Manager is not fixed . I have tried the language change, Soft re-set and the hard re-set as well.

Please advise next steps/solutions.

rgds

Sushrut

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
girisharora

this new version is not working on my phone e72 same probem  .

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Klass_ic

I DONT HAVE IDEA WHAT YOU GUYS TALKING BUT MINE IS WORKING WELL,CONTACT SEARCH EVEN MY APPMANAGER OPENS I CAN SEE INSTALLED SOFTWARES ETC AND MANY MANY THINGS...THIS IS WHAT I DID BEFORE I INSTALL MY NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE,I THINK IT MIGHT HELP

1: I REMOVED MY MEMORY CARD FROM MY PHONE AND PLUGGED IT INTO THE PC BEFORE THAT I TOOK LOG OF THE SOFTWARES I ALREADY INSTALLED,I PLUGGED THE MEMORY CARD I WENT TO ''PRIVATE'' FOLDER OPENED IT AND DELETED EVERY THING INSIDE IT AND LEFT IT EMPTY,WHY I DID DIS IS BECAZ I WONT LIKE MY PHONE TO BE INSTALLING RUBBISH WHEN EVER I TURN IT ON..EXPERIENCE FROM N95..

2: i only backed up my messages contacts,notes sms and everythn except phone settings and applications,only thing idid was to move my media files from fone memory to my pc via nokia suite.

3: i installed the firmware updateafter de installation was complete,i did i hard reset on my phone with *#7370# everythn was wiped out..my phone is now like new,
i plugged it in and restored my backup to my phone all except settings and apps...

4: i inserted me memory card reinstalld my applications the way they were through xplore
5: i rescanned my music file
after all theis everything is working fine,and for the ram improvements,now i can play music at once browse also and have my dictionary open even whatsapp all at de same time...perform all these ur fone shuld be fine
for me this is de best time am enjoying ma fone since i bought it..Goodluck
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Glifford

Is this update available in India.  I cannot find this update when connecting my e72 (version 081.003) to the Nokia Suite!

Nokia e72
Nokia e63
Nokia C6-01
Please use plain text.
shreeganesh

I am using E72 for around 2 years at Jaipur India. The major problem that this phone has is "Memory Full", so you cannot run any good applications on it. I had to uninstall many of the good applications which I would love to use. Now I am using it as a simple phone, not like some smart phone, I think its not a smartphone category phone, as the ram available is only 40-45 MB executable RAM only.

Recently when I saw the update alert on my NOKIA Suite that latest update version 091.003 is available for E72 I had a great joy, because I was using 081.003 that time and I thought that I will be able to enjoy lot more of features there. After I downloaded and installed the latest software update version 091.003 from NOKIA Suite to my Nokia E72 phone, it started giving problems. I am now facing problem in syncing my phone contacts with NOKIA Suite which is not happening now, the error code: 80100011 8d5e000a.

I visited 2 Nokia Customer Care Centres in Jaipur in this hot summer and both declined to update and correct my phone as they do not have latest software version of 091.003. They said that they have only 081.003 which is before the 091.003 the version is not available for India at present. they said that if i will go back to earlier software version, then its a risk of my phone becoming dead. If software version of 091.003 for Nokia E72 is not available with NOKIA Customer Centres in India, then why it is available on NOKIA Suite to download for Indian users? Who is responsible for creating all the problems to the Nokia mobile users?

I am in a fix now, and I can not understand that how to correct my problem of Nokia E72, as already it has got too much problems and now due to this problem I am totally lost.

What is the solution for abovementioned problem of not syncing of Phone contacts with NOKIA Suite? Please reply urgently on nkumar48@gmail.com.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
xoxogossipgirl

i finally accessed my "APPLICATION MANGER" ...  go to control panel> Phone>  sw update> mark the "phone software" important (523 kB) nokia fixed the problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Glifford

Really strange that this update is out for at least a couple of months and I still can't see it for my phone!  Both on the phone and the Nokia Suite?

Has it been pulled back by Nokia?  Temporarily?

Nokia e72
Nokia e63
Nokia C6-01
Please use plain text.
Sage
shamsi_boy

hey people !update your phones (e72) to version 091.004 !its rolling out
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Glifford

shamsi_boy wrote:
hey people !update your phones (e72) to version 091.004 !its rolling out

Yes!  I too just read about that!

Wonder when it will come to my phone!

Nothing showing up now.  Both on phone and Nokia Suite!

Nokia e72
Nokia e63
Nokia C6-01
Please use plain text.
capankaj

hey, after a long followup with nokia care they have finally updated my e72 with 91.004, and all issues are resolved save memory full..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Glifford

capankaj wrote:

hey, after a long followup with nokia care they have finally updated my e72 with 91.004, and all issues are resolved save memory full..

Glad to hear that Pankaj!  Where did you get the update from?   The Nokia Care Centre?

It is still not showing up both on my phone (OTA) or the PC (Nokia Suite).  Waiting for it.

Nokia e72
Nokia e63
Nokia C6-01
Please use plain text.
Sage
shamsi_boy

its available over OTA
Please use plain text.
Advisor
noonavec

theres a new firmware update on OTA...i wonder which bug fixes this...the nokia center told me, the stable one is from the suite and not OTA so guys i advise u not to update via OTA... Anyway...check it out for yourselves...ill update via suite today. I hope theres an update via suite.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
noonavec

Updated via Suite, so far so good... App Mgr back to normal... Praise God, its all fixed for all of us!
Please use plain text.