Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia E72 Firmware update version 31.023 now avail...

Counsellor
clintonjeff

Nokia E72 Firmware update version 31.023 now available

[ Edited ]

Just a quick heads up to all Nokia E72 owners !

Nokia E72 Firmware update version 31.023 now available. Apparently it (finally) fixes the spacebar bug. 

Edited by Admin:

Thanks clintonjeff - the official changelog will be published soon and the update is already available for many E72 product codes around the world (and new are being added all the time). Unfortunately our forum policy doesn't allow links to any unauthorized changelogs that are not available via public Nokia websites.

You can get instructions - and soon also the official changelog - on how to update from

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update?e72

Mobile News, Reviews and More : http://UnleashThePhones.com/
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alex_mayorga

Re: Nokia E72 Firmware update version 31.023 now available

Would this fix the seemingly eternal GPS aquisition times that aflicts my E72 at 022.007?

When would the update hit Mexico, if ever?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DioNYc777

Not avalable in US

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bloodwizard

while trying to update OTA i am getting the message "server certificate is untrusted" anyone has a clue ?

Please use plain text.
Sage

Looks like NA users are out of luck from Nokia's standpoint. Can't get FW updates on the E71 or the E72...

Will this be my last e-series?

Please use plain text.
Bloody_Hell

memory issue----> FIXED (no mores apps closing unexpectedly, no more "memory full messages")

music player not closing with task manager---->FIXED

internet browser closing randomly---->FIXED

SURPRISE ME: new theme!

Thanks Nokia, that's the phone I wanted the e72 to be! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Apart from it taking about 20 mins after the update to boot properly there is a strange keyboard issues with the facebook app the when I enter the username thats ok but when i go to put a password that might be "pua" it writes "p2a" and no amount of reboots or key shifts alter this, I have even hard reset the phone but cannot login to the face book app without changing my password to componsate. 

Please use plain text.
siamack

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm trying to update my Nokia e72 firmware to the new 31.023, but I keep getting the error message: "Nokia Software Updater has lost its connection with your device".

I've been using OVI Suite, and have tried more than 15 times, restarting (by taking out the battery... it doesn't turn off!) and reconnecting my phone every time. I even hard reset my phone, but that didn't help either.

Then, I tried to use Nokia Software Updater. So I got the latest version from Nokia website, but I still get the same error message. It's 3:15am now, and its more than 24 hours that I'm trying to do this!

My Nokia e72-1 model is (RM-530).

What is the problem? and what is the solution?

Regards,

Siamack

Please use plain text.
siamack

[ Edited ]

I finally solved the problem!

The reason I couldn't update the firmware, was that the new firmware file wasn't downloaded correctly, and was corrupt. I think the Nokia Software Update should verify the integrity of such files before attempting to update the handset.

I couldn't update my handset on the computer which I primarily downloaded the new firmware on. Because it kept trying to install the same corrupt file, and didn't ever try to download a fresh copy of the new firmware file. So, I installed a fresh copy of Nokia Downloader on another computer and started over the update and got a fresh copy of the firmware update file... And the update finished successfully.

I hope my experience would help others who might face such problems.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
shakivrizvi

While i try to update my firmwire the NSU says "device not found". Its happening again & again. I have tried at least 30 times. But it failed me. Im tired now. After reading siamack post i tried to download the NSU on a different computer then install it. But it still doesnt solve the prob. Why doesnt NSU self detect the problem, i dont understand! What should I do? Can anyone help me out!????

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
shakivrizvi

Hey if u click on the above link it says 22.01 version is available for E72 to update which is an older firm wire version.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jschaeff

As usual! You would think Nokia would roll it out here too. Maybe it would help increase the market share here! ; )

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jschaeff

I think it will be my last Nokia!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
shakivrizvi

Im damn tired on this firm wire update service. It will be my last Nokia too. I used to love using Nokia bt now I started hating it.

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

siamack wrote:

I finally solved the problem!

The reason I couldn't update the firmware, was that the new firmware file wasn't downloaded correctly, and was corrupt. I think the Nokia Software Update should verify the integrity of such files before attempting to update the handset.

Hmm, it should check the integrity as the files are all checksummed. There are all kinds of weird things that can go on (or wrong) with NSU though in my experience.

If you get device disconnected issues, you might want to check USB connections and ensure the phone is connected directly to the PC and not via a hub. Reinstalling may have helped though if there was an issue with the drivers, which can happen in my experience (especially if you use other Nokia products on your PC that talk to the phone, or you've had older versions of PC Suite and/or Ovi Suite).

Then again, it could be it's checking the integrity of the files but reporting this to the UI as an obscure error.

p.s. that you had to take the battery out probably just means the phone had been put into local mode before flashing, and you can't turn it off in that mode. It's not usually a problem taking the battery out, so long as NSU has stopped doing anything. If it looks like it's still going but taking a very long time, it's best to leave it going. It can take a very long time sometimes!

E72-1 UK CV 052.005
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kloubik

I don't understand it.... Even small countries in Europe got their new firmware and nothing in the US? Are you kidding me? I am tired of all that bugs in my E72 and regret I bought it after my HTC died. I am not a beta-tester.
Please use plain text.
siamack

[ Edited ]

deadkenny wrote:

Hmm, it should check the integrity as the files are all checksummed. There are all kinds of weird things that can go on (or wrong) with NSU though in my experience.

If you get device disconnected issues, you might want to check USB connections and ensure the phone is connected directly to the PC and not via a hub. Reinstalling may have helped though if there was an issue with the drivers, which can happen in my experience (especially if you use other Nokia products on your PC that talk to the phone, or you've had older versions of PC Suite and/or Ovi Suite).

Then again, it could be it's checking the integrity of the files but reporting this to the UI as an obscure error.

p.s. that you had to take the battery out probably just means the phone had been put into local mode before flashing, and you can't turn it off in that mode. It's not usually a problem taking the battery out, so long as NSU has stopped doing anything. If it looks like it's still going but taking a very long time, it's best to leave it going. It can take a very long time sometimes!

1- I'm a computer geek, and all my Nokia software (Ovi Suite and Nokia Software Updater) are the latest versions.

2- My Nokia phone was directly connected to the USB port of my laptop, and I synchronized and backed up my device several times without any problems before trying to update the firmware.

3- The onscreen messages in NSU and OVI Suite are sometimes confusing. For example, when the update starts, it says that it's natural for the screen to blink, and there might be messages about the USB being disconnected and reconnected, which we shouldn't pay attention to! But then, the "Device Recovery" message shows up, telling you that the software has lost connection with the device through the USB port. In this case, should we pay attention to the error message or not?

4- Whenever the "Device Recovery" error message showed up, I had to disconnect the handset, but couldn't switch it off. So, the only way was to take out the battery.

5- Once I assumed that maybe I shouldn't pay attention to the "USB disconnected" error message, and the update process was going on in the background and it just takes a long time to complete. So, once I left the device connected for many hours (midnight till morning), while Ovi Suite displayed the "Device Recovery" error message. But the update process didn't complete.

6- I even exited the OVI software (and also the NSU on the occasions I used it) several times, and started them over again. They all tried to update my phone, using the same previously downloaded update software. They never started over downloading a new copy of the firmware update software. That's why I thought it might better to do this on another computer, where I could get a fresh copy of the firmware update software.

Fortunately this solved the problem after 36 hours of hard work!

Please use plain text.
nikola987

Garmin mobile XT crash problem fixed finally :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Omar89

Hey everyone,

I just bought my new E72, and it came with firmware version 021.024, When I check for updates using the NSU, it says that is the latest version.

I know that Nokia rolls out its updates gradually and geographically, but shouldn't I get at least 022.007 ? Or do they remove older firmwares when newer ones are released?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

Omar89 wrote:

Hey everyone,

I just bought my new E72, and it came with firmware version 021.024, When I check for updates using the NSU, it says that is the latest version.

I know that Nokia rolls out its updates gradually and geographically, but shouldn't I get at least 022.007 ? Or do they remove older firmwares when newer ones are released?

Thank you.

Firmware is released per product code, and each region, country is split into product codes for operators, generic versions, country specific and specific marketing models (different colours, promotions, etc). The firmware releases aren't done uniformly, they are done on batches of codes at a time.

This means you can have some models on newer firmware than others. The current situation with the E72 is there are some on 31.023, some on 22.007, some on 21.024 (I think there might be some other versions out there for some codes). When firmware is released for a code, it essentially replaces the previous firmware that was available for that code, mainly because you can only have the latest firmware (note that you can't role back the firmware once updated. At least not without Nokia's help).

Unfortunately, there's a large amount of E72s sitting on 21.024 that just seem to have been forgotten. The generic regional variants seem to get updated often, but the specific country variants far less so. Even some operator variants have been updated a little more often than the country variants! Annoyingly, the country variants can be the ones you get direct from Nokia. i.e. completely unbranded, sim free and straight from Nokia and yet left to rot :smileysad:.

E72-1 UK CV 052.005
Please use plain text.