Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Lumia 520 Amber Update

Registered Member
afrighe61
Accepted Solution

Nokia Lumia 520 Amber Update

Hi all, I would like to know whether the Nokia Lumia 520 would get the Amber update. According to some recently news, this mobile phone should lack of new Glance screen. But will it get the fm radio at least for example? Thanks
Please use plain text.
Professor
garym11

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 Amber Update

You will get all of the update your phone is capable of supporting. Glance, no. Radio, yes.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
macoygwapo

I want to know on what date will the amber update released?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
iliedanutctin

In Romania Lumia 520 by Vodafone is allready updating with amber . I just update my Lumia 520 ( 30 min. ago ) . I find some of New things but i don't find the glance screen and the fm radio . Does anybody how cam i get these 2 ?
Please use plain text.
Professor
garym11

iliedanutctin wrote:
In Romania Lumia 520 by Vodafone is allready updating with amber . I just update my Lumia 520 ( 30 min. ago ) . I find some of New things but i don't find the glance screen and the fm radio . Does anybody how cam i get these 2 ?

No glance for the 520.

There is another update from Microsoft, GDR2.  That is where the radio is. Run update again.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Please use plain text.
prerak15

I want to know on what date will the amber update released for lumia 520 in india?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ArkaD

Hi All,

Can any one tell me, how to get the Amber as well as the GDR2 update in my lumia 520. Is there any way to get that from internet directly ? Or is it mandatory to get the phone to a Nokia Care.

Please note, I am from India. 

Please use plain text.
aashishzr

I got amber update on my lumia 520 today......i updated my phone....but nothing happened....can anybody tell me about this???

Please use plain text.
karz1234

Hi All,

My Firmware version is 3046.0000.1329.2001

now how do I download the amber update for my Lumia 520?

Please help!

Thanks...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tousif03

Yes, If u now download update u will get the full features
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
meethaker

yesterday I checked for updates on my 520 and updated the phone, but there was no extra options available, and I see a little performance improvements but not the other features as listed on the amber update released. What would be the problem..?
what should I do..
when I checked for the updates again, it shows that your phone is updated..
I don't know that whether it has happened to me or other 520 users...
Somebody please tell me what I should do...

all the system apps are upto date . also checked via Lumia system updater. but still no FM , no colour profiles, no any new features still same.. just the OS  version is changed. what is happening?

The page for Lumia Amber update still announces AMBER UPDATE IS AVAILABLE for Lumia 520.My phone also showed update available.So i updated my Lumia 520.The update was complete and SUCCESSFUL.but even after updating,NOTHING CHANGED,NO FM RADIO,NO COLOR PROFILE etc and the firmware version is 1030.6408.1309.0002 and not 3046...... as announced by the AMBER UPDATE rollout page of Nokia.So,if it was not amber update,why is it said that AMBER is available for Lumia520 in india?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
senbiswadeep

Same issue here......i also haven't got the Amber update on my 520. It's really pathetic to learn that so many customers in India are still facing the same issue and not even a single word from Nokia or any of it's representatives on this issue.

After using Nokia sets for the last 12 years, for the first time i am feeling that sticking with Nokia and buying Lumia has been a big mistake. Looks like Nokia no longer values problems faced by it's loyal customer ☹
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Tousif03

I have the same problem too
Please use plain text.
lumiafto

Hi, I have Lumia 520. Speech is off, when I tried to download the language pack, I get a message 'Language downloading'. But after few minutes, it gives a message 'could not download, tap here to try again' , please help.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
halospartan

For amber update,only way is wifi..or else?
.can anybody tellme..thnx in advance
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nancyiu9

I got problem with syn avatar of Fb account of contacts in people hub, it isn't working well.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
musical

How do u get the amber update to turn off screen orientation on lumia 520...orange staff are not at all helpful.could u email me a link so i can download been trying for 2 months !!!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ugura

musical wrote:
How do u get the amber update to turn off screen orientation on lumia 520...orange staff are not at all helpful.could u email me a link so i can download been trying for 2 months !!!!

you cannot switch off auto screen rotate feature on GDR2/Amber, you've to wait until your phone receives the GDR3/Update 3 to be able to lock screen oriantation

The silence will fall
Please use plain text.