Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Lumia 710 update problem.

Contributor
tosifcool21

Nokia Lumia 710 update problem.

I'm from India and Zune didn't give any update yet.
I tried to update my phone via Nokia care but they said "its gray market piece, we can't update it", so now how can I update my wp7.5 to wp7.8?
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Where did you purchase the phone? Remember that phones have different variants, depending on what region they are intended for sale. This could also affect the availability of the update for your device. Given the situation, the best thing to do regularly check Zune software and wait for the update.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tosifcool21

I bought this phone from my brother's friend, don't know from where he purchased.
I have mobile purchased bill from India.
my firmware version is 1600.3031.8773.12121
Zune is not giving update. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gsk694

hey there, I have a lumia 710 too. I bought it in the UK over half an hear before I guess and now I am in india. So I downloaded two apps by Nokia recently "Bluetooth sharing" and "ringtone cutter". So I hurriedly opened those apps only to get an error saying "this app isn't supported with the current version of OS but there's an available" so I checked on Zune but it says my phone is up to date.
Here are the details I found on "about phone" :

OS version: 7.10.8773.98
firmware: 1600.3031.8773.12121

So , now I am sure that there's an update available , but I don't get it :smileyindifferent:

PS:
1. I have another lumia 710 (bought together) which still has the stock OS, I tried to update it to 8773 but again zone said PHONE is uptodate. I tried reinstalling Zune but no luck.
2. My phones aren't jailbroke or some thing lime that. I bought it legit, and it still is legit.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tosifcool21

@gsk694 yeah! we have same problem.

Somebody please give solution, I'm sick of checking for updates in Zune.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hiteshdutt

I have also the same problem...
Ur phone is up to date.....whats the hell...
Please use plain text.