Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N70 latest firmware version.

Registered Member
ricey

Nokia N70 latest firmware version.

Hi I was wondering what the latest firmware version is for the N70. I currently have V 5.0638.3.0.1 18-09-06 RM-84

Also is there a notification service that informs you when new versions are released?

Ive updated a few times and it has improved the phone a little but when I have a lot of items in the gallery it slows the phone right down as it tries to load all the thumbnails. Any way to fix this? Ive installed a 512mb card as well could this be the problem?

Cheers.
Nokia N70
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: Nokia N70 latest firmware version.

Does anyone know if this version is still the latest?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

The latest N70 (RM-84) firmware is 5.0705.3.0.1 (42.6MB) released on 30 Jan 07. You may use the Nokia Software Updater to download from Nokia UK site.

Tip: To know you current firmware. Key *#0000# on your phone.

Cheers.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

When I use NSU, it says there isn't an update available for my phone and when I input my Product Code to check for updates, it doesn't recognise my product code. The N70 was bought from a major UK retailer and NSU is up to date. Anybody any idea why I can't get the update?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

You have to be a bit patient on using the NSU. I'd tried about 23 times defore getting a successful update for it. Check your cable as well.

I got my phone updated to 5.0705.3.0.1 finally at the end of the day.

Friend, no joke! You got to keep trying.

Cheers
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Jajoe,
What network are you on?

Are any others using this release?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

loiner1, I am using 3Mbps ADSL Broadband connection.

http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4226014

In fact, I did faced the same problem you've mentioned earlier.

Tip, make sure you disable the firewall before searching for the updates using the NSU.

Cheers
Please use plain text.
Advisor

After installing the new firmware. Now USB connection from the PC to My N70 Phone can easily be connected. Previously, it always showed me "USB device can't be recognised" error message and I'd to re-attached the cable to the phone several times in order to get it through.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

... I meant which mobile network LOL!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

HI,HOW DID U UPDATED THE SOFTWARE I TRIED HARD FOR MY VERSION V2.0539.1.2 19-10-05 RM-84 WANT TO UPDATE THE SOFTWARE BUT COULDN'T GET ANY AFTER HOURS OF WORK ON NSU.CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME?I CAN'T OPEN THE GALLERY ON MY N70.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

14-Nov-200710:32 AM
loiner1 wrote:
... I meant which mobile network LOL!

THE MOBILE NETWORK I AM USING IS 3G.IF ANYBODY CAN HELP HOW TO UPDATE THE SOTWARE ON MY N70 WITH THE LATEST SOFTWARE.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Nomien,
No, every time I use NSU it still tells me I've got the latest firmware version, even though I know another version is available.

I know my cable etc is ok, as the phone works fine with PC Suite.

MODS: Any suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi Nomien
1) Download both Nokia PC Suite Version 6.84.10.4 and NSU Version V1.4.14en from Nokia web site.

2) Backup data from your phone & memory card to your PC using the Nokia PC Suite.

3) Remove the memory card and restart your mobile phone.

4) Run the downloaded NSU and follow the instructions.
Attached the phone to PC using serial cable CA-42.

Again as mentioned earlier, you have to be a bit patient on using the NSU. I'd tried about 23 times defore getting a successful update for the latest firmware 5.0705.3.0.1.

5) You may Restore the data back to your phone & memory card after the firmware update.

Cheers
Joe
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I got the same message exactly like you too.

Eventually, I managed to get it through.

Note: I tried it without installing the memory card into the phone.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi All,

The new version of Nokia RC Suite 6.85.12.0 is now available for download. Visit the Nokia Website for details.

Dtd: 3 Dec 2007

Joe
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi All,

The new version of Nokia PC Suite 6.85.14.1 is now available for download. Visit the Nokia Website for details.

You could read you sms messages right at the Nokia PC Suite's Main windows

Dtd: 12 Dec 2007

Joe
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
liqourice

Seems like 5.0638.3.0.1 is the latest version for my N70...

Don't know what the difference is. It works well and has been since the last update. Before that the screen kept dying all the time....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

First you have to download nokia software updater from www.nokia-asia.com. Then install it in your pc. be sure you have internet connection to be able to install it successfully. Then after you have installed it, click the nokia software updater icon and just follow the steps indicated their on how to download the latest N70 firmware. Note: DO NOT DISCONNECT THE USB CABLE OR ELSE YOUR N70 MIGHT BE DESTROY. BEFORE YOU UPDATE YOU N70, BE SURE YOU STABLE INTERNET CONNECTION, INTERRUPTION DURING UPDATING MAY DAMAGE YOUR PHONE.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TheJBongz

:smileyhappy:

Good News My Friends!!! there is a new version of N70

the

v5.737.3.0.1

watch it here!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M_nSy-ERxw

Please use plain text.