Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N8-00 Symbian Anna Update From Symbian Anna ...

Sage
Ngwangwa
Accepted Solution

Nokia N8-00 Symbian Anna Update From Symbian Anna 022.014 To Symbian Anna 024.001

Hi all,

I updated my Nokia N8-00 to Symbian Anna 022.014 then after some few months I received the Symbian Anna 024.001 update. when I installed Symbian Anna 022.014 I also installed Symbian Anna Update 1/1 and Symbian Anna Update 2/2 and also Social from the software updater in my phone. Now that I updated my phone to Symbian Anna 024.001 using Nokia Software Updater, all that I am asking is that do I need to install the Symbian Anna Update 1/1 and Symbian Anna Update 2/2 after updating it from Symbian Anna 022.014 to Symbian Anna 024.001? Whenever I go to software updater on my phone, it says all applications are upto date. By the way I am using Nokia N8-00 for the product code of Middle East and Africa as i am currently in Kenya.

Thanks in adance.

Ngwangwa - Six Million Ways To Die Choose One
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: Nokia N8-00 Symbian Anna Update From Symbian Anna 022.014 To Symbian Anna 024.001

If Ovi suite isn't offering the Applications 1/2 & 2/2 as updates then the answer is no, you do not need to install those as you already installed them when you updated to 022.014.

Cheers.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Sage
Ngwangwa

Re: Nokia N8-00 Symbian Anna Update From Symbian Anna 022.014 To Symbian Anna 024.001

Hi rayhipkiss

Some few hours yesterday after the update I received the Symbian Anna Update 1/1 and installed it and was figuring out why there was no Symbian Anna Update 2/2 and my Quickoffice and Adobe reader and Microsoft Communicator are not lost. Al the applications that I have from the Symbian Anna Update 2/2 are there.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

That's fine then. You are all upto date. The 2/2 ipdate just contained those applications you mentioned and as they are still there you won't be offered the 2/2 update again, unless you un-install one of those applications.

All the best.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
symbianannan8

how did u get symbian anna in the first place.it says its not available in australia.if u kno anyone tht knos wen its coming out plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz let me kno \. ive been waiting for it a long time. almost 2 months.

thks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
New_N8_user

My phone is a unlocked version, bought by Amazon and working in Costa Rica and still  don't have  Anna update  available. What's the expected date for Anna release for unlocked phones like mine (no carrier locked down / All carriers supported) for Costa Rica. I guess no carrier approval is needed for these phones.   Could you please advise.   Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Ngwangwa

For those who have not yet received the Symbian Anna update, you have o wait for Nokia to make it available to your country. Try downloading Nokia Ovi Suite from Nokia's Website and also download Nokia Software Updater also from Nokia's Website and connect your phone to your computer and open either Nokia Software Updater or Nokia Ovi Suite and go to update and if Symbian Anna is available it will say new version available and it can either be 022.014 or 024.001

Please use plain text.