Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N8 - Updated to Symbian Belle

satifhasan
Accepted Solution

i have recently updated my N8 with Symbiyan Belle.

I have a problem, when i want to close the applications that are running in background, i press and hold menu button, but no menu for closing running application is apprearing, only it gose directly to the menus? is there any bug in this Belle update ??

any one has the same problem or not?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
enginaktas2011

Re: Nokia N8 - Updated to Symbian Belle

i have the same problem. i cant close opened programs . i dont know what to do. i regret that i updated my phone.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
aqther

which menu button do you press and hold? the one inside the screen or the main menu button which is at the bottom of the phone? if you havent pressed the main menu button then pls try it. it should work.

Please use plain text.
satifhasan

Yeh this button is working, i was looking for the inside screen button because in Symbian Anna it was from inside screen button. thanks but why not the inside screen button? any idea
Please use plain text.
Advisor
deadmank2s

hey satifhasan,
can u help me how did u get belle update ...
its not showing in my nokia suite or my phone s/w updater.
my product no. is 0599255
Please use plain text.
Advisor
aqther

This is Belle. They changed that option to this way. Honestly speaking i liked that old option more than this. It looked more professional.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
aqther

deadmank2s the only way to get symbain belle is to have latest version of nokia suite installed in your pc and connect your mobile and check for software updates. Even then if it doesn't show the Belle update then it means it's not available at your coumtry yet. Just wait.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
coolani

Now it's available for your product code 0599255..Mine is the same ;-)
Please use plain text.
ravi_agrawal

N8 Product Code 0599330 cannot be found ?

How to update my N8

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

@Ravi_agrawal.

Please refer to the following link.

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-Belle-availability-information/td-p/12...
Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
deadmank2s

Hey raoul,

I just now updated to belle but i have lost all my messages wat do i do now
Please use plain text.
Contributor
marc_ion

same problem.

> in symbian anna my phone is always connected to the wifi to recieve updates from social networks and email but in symbian belle after few seconds connecting it will automaticaly close the connection.

> somtimes my phone hangs. and need to be restarted.

> i can't syncronise my phone,

> most of the features i like in symbian anna is not in belle or have problem.

> i love the UI of belle but too many bug, i regret the update,

> the message preview of "conversation" was not in belle.

** Hey Nokia can we roll the back the update?** 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Cool_Roy

Here Are some bugs [not really], I would say bad things which i found after updating to belle.

1. No soft key to know and to close opened apps. This can be done by holding the Physical button instead which is not good acc to me.

2.  You cannot see the percentage of battery remaining as you were able to see in PR X.X and Anna. For this you need battery monitor and widget which is unnecessary for me.

3. When you want to unlock the device:- press menu key and touch anywhere in the lower area not exactly on the unlock button it will unlock your phone. Don't know it is bug or was intentional from developers. But in Anna you should touch exactly on unlock button.

4. No softkey for power saving mode again you should press the power button to do that.

5. Six homescreen with less widgets is useless. we need more widgets.

6. The new digital clock is not looking good.

7. You can create a folder but not a folder inside a folder.

8. So many apps are not supporting.

9. Social [Facebook and twitter] are having really bad widget. They should integrate the notifications to the drop down notification bar.

10. No facebook chat in nokia IM.

11. No Skype video calling and also split screen.

12. Calendar widget showing only one notification or task. it goes on and on....

Nokia officially changed the name Symbian belle to Nokia belle as Ovi store, Ovi Suite and Ovi Maps. So i think all these bugs and problems will be solved in upcoming Nokia Belle.

But the only question is when???

Please use plain text.
zepedamiguel

Hello,

I  have problems with the installation of nokia belle in my N8-00.

The update is already done and the phone works fine for a about five minutes I can make and receive calls but the after five minutes I get a message that says "preparing installation" and then I can not use any feature in the phone and I only can receive calls.

What I can do????

Thanks

satifhasan wrote:

i have recently updated my N8 with Symbiyan Belle.

I have a problem, when i want to close the applications that are running in background, i press and hold menu button, but no menu for closing running application is apprearing, only it gose directly to the menus? is there any bug in this Belle update ??

any one has the same problem or not?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
klaipedaville

Thank you so much for sharing it wiht us Cool_Roy! Appreciate, man! You can't even imagine how much headache, trouble and time you saved me. The thing I know for sure is I am not installing Belle. I was stupid enough to upgrade to Symbian Anna and to lose so much functionality in Maps that I am not really willing to repeat it one more time. It looks like Nokia might have to re-name their "updates" to something like "phone worsen'ers" soon so that the end-users wouldn't waste their precious time and knew exactly what to expect from each next coming "update-worsen'er".
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
david0032

Hi  all :

After update to Belle, everything seems works accept :

1- when I clik on SILENT bouton in Wifi menu N8  restart, yes Restart,

2- there is no battery level view,  I fund (nokia battery-info-v1

it is a widget and shows : Charge in %  , Capacity in mAh , Plug-in/plug-out

I hope in next update they will find a solution for that.

(I should wait for next update)

After all : thanks NOKIA :-)

-------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mosbal

I've got 2 Nokia n8's ,...one did update but the other one dont',....I'm in Namibia....what seems to be te reason??

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
david0032

problem soled:

at that moment I had   'MeeGo '  theme installed ,

I remove it,  and now  N8  works well with belle,

------

a word about Calendar : 

install this ,

ComingNext

http://store.ovi.com/search?q=comingnext

it is very nice app ( widget)

Please use plain text.
inamkhan10001

I want to mention more problems in symbian Anna or belle!

1). There is no software for video chatting over wifi excluding fring, as also  fring (fring is not working on wifi) need to be have some fixes. Android, Iphone have more than 20 video chatting softwares.

2). No one from nokia contact skype to have video calling option in skype.

3). Closing app has hardware button, which needs to be hold for some time, this is a single button if users use it many times it need to b some repair, So some soft button should available.

4). Nokia Facebook app is very slow whether your connection speed is fast, as im using 4 Mbps but it seems that im using gprs.

5). Nokia should have its own softwares which confirms qualities and quick bugs fixing support.

6). Belle has very low support of third party softwares, when nokia updates software, nokia should keep in mind that operating system platform must b same or supported with thirdparties softwares. As many updates for belle is coming, I mean to say nokia flavors Anna, belle, upcoming are Carla Donna,  but there is always big software issues remain, as the time need to fix old problems, nokia brings other fix and bug full flavor, Please choose generalized hardware, then stable operating system, and quick support for fixes, and time to time improvement in GUI or widgets rather than rolling old softwares just change GUI or upgrades protocols or standards where needed.

This is how we want to attach only with nokia, so I want nokia symbian to b best other than android or iphone, windows phone 7,  as  Symbian can also stand with wp7, just need to focus on apps..........................

Please use plain text.
Contributor
anil72

I also have had several problems with Belle since I "updated" to it:-

1. The Web browser - this is actually worse than it was on Anna - it does not work at all - I have to double tap several times in order to get it to work. Also I keep getting grey screens whenever I try to open a .txt file - they worked fine on Anna but it seems to be riddled with problems and generally is very slow

2. The WIFI connection - I sometimes connect to my WIFI router at home using the WIFI connector on the phone - I think it just does not work properly at all the connection can be slow to pedestrian and it is just generally terrible. Also as I am unable to connect to my router I am using up my mobile internet allowance with my provider - it worked fine under Anna so why are there problems with Belle?

3. ESPN Goals - this was a **bleep** free goals thing launched by ESPN it scarcely worked under Anna and does not work at all under Belle

4. Double tapping - I end up doing this on several applications even those loaded onto the phone itself

5. Personalized ringtones and wallpapers - why does it always reset itself to the nokia ringtone and wallpapers - I use a personalized ringtone and wallpapers and rather than transferring them over, I have to reinstall them - the menus are not easily accessed on Belle as they were on Anna.

6. Screensaver mode - this does not allow for personalization at all - why?

Overall I regret installing Belle on my mobile and wish I'd been given a choice over whether or not I wanted to update it

Please use plain text.