Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8 is Symbian Anna (025.007)

Contributor
Lee666
Accepted Solution

Nokia N8 is Symbian Anna (025.007)

jus need to find out iwhen will this update be available in south africa :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Lee666

Is this network branded handset such as Vodafone as pretty sure South Africa code 059D2N9 already released?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

Ahhh..... Nice to see another fellow South African on this board.....

To be really honest @Lee666, I think we should rather wait for Belle since 025.007 does nothing more than Bug fixing here and there without major changes. I'm sure we will not be getting that update since we have already received the Service pack, which was issued AFTER the initial Anna update weeks ago.......

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lee666

i agree we should wait for Belle to come out...but the thing is..... WHEN????. from what i have been reading around id that the US will only receive the Belle starting of next year so that means its going to be a long time be it is available to us in SA
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

@Lee666

Judging by the previous update, we're well in line to get it this year, we received Anna during it's first Roll-Out, if the same pattern is followed, we're in for a perfect Christmas gift, also realized that Nokia has released Maps 3.08 for Symbian Belle devices........ So this should also mean something since they can't just overlook Anna users. Plus it would be in their interests to keep customers happy since almost everyone is fed up and moving to other OS'es

I think it's close and S.A will receive during the first roll out!!!!!! Plus we do not have complicated service providers.......

In the meantime, let's enjoy Anna for the last coming few weeks.

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lee666

Thanks alot
Please use plain text.
leffy

Hi I'm in the UK can someone tell me why the UK site is saying that Anna (025.007) is available but when I try to up date it say that my n8 is up to date with Anna (022.014)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

May be the version is not available to your product code. Leffy. Is your phone operator locked? Check it.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
leffy

yeah my n8 is locked to t-mobile
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Ok. Then wait for sometime maybe t mobile might have not yet released the firmware. Further, this firmware is not of much importance. Let us all be ready for the release of Belle. Do inform if you ever get the update.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rramans143

when Nokia is going to release an update for N9, in Europe site there is an update for meego 1.2 but ,Singapore dont have, many software issues in N9 mainly Wifi could not connect ,connect also automatic disconnect,
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

@ rramans143

Welcome to the Forum! Please see this link about the update release of the N9.

If you want our community to help you with the wifi issue you could start a new topic about it and explain the issue in detail. Or try to search an already existing topic with a similar issue than you have. I hope you get the device working normally and can fully enjoy your N9.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rramans143

WHEN I CONNECTED TO MY OFFICE WIFI THE VERY FIRST TIME , IT GOT CONNECTED IN THE FIRST ATTEMPT AND IT STAY CONNECTED AUTOMATICALLY FOR THE NEXT TWO DAYS AFTER THAT IT DROPPED AUTOMATICALLY AND TRIED TO CONNECT IT BACK , IT DISPLAYS "SOMETHING PROBLEM WITH THE NETWORK" AFTER I RESET MY PHONE AND ATTEMPTED TO CONNECT TO SAME WIFI IT GOT CONNECTED BUT AFTER 2 HOURS OF TIME THE WIFI DIS APPEARED AND COULD NOT CONNECT TO IT BACK,WHERE ALL OTHER PHONES CAN CONNECT TO IT
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lee666

well the time has come for us to update to Belle but i see it has not been released in South Africa as yet......... so i would jus like to find out when id this going to happen??????

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

@lee666

What's your product code? I received Belle on the 7th..... Are you with Vodacom or MTN?

Regards,

Vusi

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lee666

059d2n9 vodacom
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

@Lee666

Good news for you mate, Belle IS available for you.

Check Nokia Suite!

Do comment after updating.

Regards,

V

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.