Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8 - unable to update to belle

Contributor
samy07

Nokia N8 - unable to update to belle

belle update is shown by nokia suite though after downloading 150mb/254mb it says service unavailable plz help!!! tried many times

Please use plain text.
Sage
bkly11

I'm assuming you are in first step of Belle upgrading process in Nokia Suite, it may due to your internet connection not stable or Nokia server having heavy downlaad usage at the moment.

Dont unplug your N8 and resume this step again after a while. It should be no problem and will continue the remaining download.

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the Kudos star at the left. If it provides you the solution, please click on the GREEN Accept as Solution button at below
Please use plain text.
Contributor
samy07

i am trying past three days...belle update was shown on 7th feb still no luck
Please use plain text.
Sage
bkly11

Did you check your product code available for Belle update?

I met this problem before, and i'm able to continue the remaining download after clicked cancel button when there is interuption.

Make sure your internet connection is stable. If it still happening, try it after few days, maybe lots of users upgrade their firmware at this moment.

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the Kudos star at the left. If it provides you the solution, please click on the GREEN Accept as Solution button at below
Please use plain text.
Contributor
samy07

yes my product code is available for belle update(0599255) n no problem with my internet connection
even when i start the download from beginning for the last 100MB the download stops says service unavailable (the nokia suite update service is currently unavailable please try again later)
its been 3days m trying to update my N8
Please use plain text.
Contributor
samy07

rply plz
Please use plain text.
Sage
bkly11

What is your Nokia Suite version? Make sure Nokia Suite version is 3.3.XX, mine is 3.3.86 and works fine to update to Belle.

If everything stated work fine, then you will need to seek advise from Nokia staff, it may related to their technical problems.

Good luck for you!

Please use plain text.
Sage
bkly11

I found this advise in Belle update FQA page under troubleshooting.

While trying to update to Nokia Belle with Nokia Suite, I get the error message "Service Unavailable". What should I do?

The most likely reason for this is a temporary connection problem in your network environment or a firewall issue. Please check that your firewall allows Nokia Suite to access the internet.

Please check your network. Otherwise, Nokia server may overload due to alot of users upgrading now, try it later.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
samy07

[ Edited ]

plz check the log file for error!!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

0599255 was avialable but has been removed to correct the software (Info from 08-Feb-2012 03:02 PM)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
samy07

so when can i update my N8 to belle any info
Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

when its ready.

It's being worked on but no timescale has been given
Please use plain text.
Contributor
samy07

nokia suite shows belle update started downloading belle but after downloading 210MB/273MB it says service not available n doesnt not continue to download the remaining 60mb plz help giving this error since last 3days

Please use plain text.
Contributor
samy07

why the hell evertime the belle update gets downloade upto 210MB/273MB and then further it stops downloading saying service unavailable tried atleast 100 times from last 3days:smileysad:...plz help!!!:smiley

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

samy07 wrote:

why the hell evertime the belle update gets downloade upto 210MB/273MB and then further it stops downloading saying service unavailable tried atleast 100 times from last 3days:smileysad:...plz help!!!:smiley

Check this post. /t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-Belle-availability-information/m-p/1302949#M110834

At the bottom of it there are instructions on how to do a fresh download.

Give that a shot :smileyhappy:

Good Luck

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

Just copied the instructions for you

We nevertheless advise to redownloading and reinstalling the Nokia Belle update via Nokia Suite. Please note: For this you have to delete the old software package from your PC first. You can do this in Nokia Suite via Tools -> Options -> own device -> remove device. This will clear all the device specific data on your harddrive, including the old software files. Alternatively you can also manually clear the data in the following folders:
Win XP -> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nokia\Nokia Suite\NOSSU2

Win 7 -> C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Nokia Suite\NOSSU2
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Videosn8

Even a fresh update dint solve my problems..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
satrycon23

I have exactly same problem,last 60 mb cant be downloaded,im gettin error,nokia suite is currently unavailable,please try again later,please let me know if anyone know how to fix this problem.

Please use plain text.
paul_adams1962

Did this ever get resolved as have my son's N8 product code 059C1B7 that refuses to upgrade and continually comes up with "Service Unavailable" on a computer that has successfully upgraded my C7

Please use plain text.
Professor
Mike_Myers_N8

There was a cartoon a while back, that showed a hunter with a rifle over his shoulder walking down a jungle path, and around the next bend was a hungry tiger, just waiting for its next dinner to get a little closer.  The caption was "If you're going tiger hunting, first make sure you really want to find a tiger".  :-)

You guys may be luckier than you think.  Read the last responses of page 6 from this thread:

/t5/Software-Updates/List-of-Belle-additions-corrections-needed/m-p/1386467/highlight/false#M117416

...and then make sure you REALLY want to install Belle.  For the sake of a pretty screen, you'll be crippling your phone.

If you're bound and determined to get Belle, consider waiting until when/if the problems get corrected, or you'll be in the same boat as so many other people who wish they'd never done the upgrade, and now have no way to get back to the way things were. 

Please use plain text.