New firmware release for Nokia N86 8MP: V30.009
Reinstall your firmware. Its likely just a faulty installation.
some latest observations:
1. camera application startup time (after opening of lens cover, theme effects off)- before update: 4-5sec and now almost instant :~1sec
2. shot to shot time is same after update
3. dpad problem is still there but only in gallery: video can't be forwarded or reversed using dpad in landscape mode when playing videos from menu->photos->all/camera. No such problem via real player.
4. camera bug (camera application dosen't close after shutter close, jbacktask manager shows it) still there and is shown under hidden applications.
5. ovi maps 3.3 now integrated in firmware, so no loss in phone memory to get maps 3.3
6. autorotation bug (half screen freeze during rotation, when theme effects is on) still there.
7. no "free ram" increase after update
8. free phone memory after update: 51.6MB, with about 50 applications installed (ngage was uninstalled).
9. theme effects are very fast now. Dosent slow up the phone
10. overall device is very fast and responsive now
some questions regarding change log published everywhere:
1.what do "Support for Comes With Music PINless activation" mean and how to use it?
2.where do i find preinstalled youtube application?
Thanks for the informations!
How are you satisfied with the new version of Nokia Maps, compared with the previous one?
As I see, the search engine was fare better in the "old" version...
2010-04-19 9:32 - edited 2010-04-19 9:33
may be the answer is nokia's site below:
available for selected countries
hm well the problem is that on any of those sites you cannot register without the pin for free music download. and iat the official nokia care center, which i phones, they have no idea what that is... did you found out annything?
Please, report any issues you have with the new firmware update here: