Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N86 8MP V30.009 FW experiences

Counsellor
imici

Nokia N86 8MP V30.009 FW experiences

New firmware release for Nokia N86 8MP: V30.009

Info:  http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/11403_The_Nokia_N86_8MP_gets_v30_fir.php

Experiences? :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
imici

Re: Nokia N86 8MP V30.009 FW experiences

You can find the detailed changelog here: 

http://www.a2phone.com/nokia-n86-8mp-rm-484-mea-30-009-v16-0

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Shamas

i updated mine (the used-to-be-wonderful-n86 8mp) last night and today i am mourning the loss of its wonderful zooming capability. it used to be able to amaze me (and my friends) how n86 was able to maintain its zooming pixels so clear almost like a real digicam, but now i am so ashamed of it i am thinking hard 'cause of heartache of trading it with another brand which will probably be as useless in its zooming capability. why oh why nokia, why do you even call this an 'upgrade' or 'update' whatever you call it? now i am losing sleep over this sorrow.....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Reinstall your firmware. Its likely just a faulty installation.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ansgp

some latest observations:

1. camera application startup time (after opening of lens cover, theme effects off)- before update: 4-5sec and now almost instant :~1sec
2. shot to shot time is same after update
3. dpad problem is still there but only in gallery: video can't be forwarded or reversed using dpad in landscape mode when playing videos from menu->photos->all/camera. No such problem via real player.
4. camera bug (camera application dosen't close after shutter close, jbacktask manager shows it) still there and is shown under hidden applications.
5. ovi maps 3.3 now integrated in firmware, so no loss in phone memory to get maps 3.3
6. autorotation bug (half screen freeze during rotation, when theme effects is on) still there.
7. no "free ram" increase after update
8. free phone memory after update: 51.6MB, with about 50 applications installed (ngage was uninstalled).
9. theme effects are very fast now. Dosent slow up the phone
10. overall device is very fast and responsive now

some questions regarding change log published everywhere:

1.what do  "Support for Comes With Music PINless activation" mean and how to use it?

2.where do i find preinstalled youtube application?

....................................................................................N86 8mp White......................................................................................
.....................................................................................fw ver. 30.009........................................................................................
.............................................................GIVE KUDOS TO MY POST IF YOU LIKE IT !.........................................................
.......................................................( by clicking on green star at the left side of the post).................................................
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
imici

Thanks for the informations!:smileyhappy:

How are you satisfied with the new version of Nokia Maps, compared with the previous one?

As I see, the search engine was fare better in the "old" version... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ansgp

Havent tested it to a full extent. Don't have much of gps use here at my place.

Although users report that new version (3.3) is faster compared to 3.1. Even latest version 3.4 is much fast compared to this 3.3.

personally i find it (3.3) a little slow compared to previous version(3.1), in terms of getting a gps lock. My previous version used to find about 10-12 satellites at a go, while this version can hardly find 5-6 satellites ( and the count increases very slowly).
....................................................................................N86 8mp White......................................................................................
.....................................................................................fw ver. 30.009........................................................................................
.............................................................GIVE KUDOS TO MY POST IF YOU LIKE IT !.........................................................
.......................................................( by clicking on green star at the left side of the post).................................................
Please use plain text.
Advisor
xxul

yeah what is this PINless comes with music??

nokia N80-->nokia N82-->nokia N86
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ansgp

[ Edited ]

may be the answer is nokia's site below:

http://www.comeswithmusic.com/
available for selected countries

Please use plain text.
Advisor
xxul

hm well the problem is that on any of those sites you cannot register without the pin for free music download. and iat the official nokia care center, which i phones, they have no idea what that is... did you found out annything?

nokia N80-->nokia N82-->nokia N86
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ansgp

no one knows anything exactly about presently floating change log (unofficial).
May be accessing that comes with music site via your device do something positive.
Please use plain text.
MartyMcFly

Please, report any issues you have with the new firmware update here:

/t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-N86-8MP-v30-009-Bugs-Errors-Please-Post-Here/m-p/674924/highlight/true

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
heineoen

I have very slow gps lock on the 30.009
My batterylife sucks on the latest firmware!
Camera lens dosen't alway open.
Very slow rotation.
N8 FW: 022.014 -- Please separate Artist & Albums!
N86 8MP FW: 30.009 -- We need a new FW on this phone!
E51 FW: 410.34.001
E70 FW: 2.0618.07.10 -- Why no v3 for my code?
Please use plain text.