Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N95 8GB - N-Gage Problem

Nokia N95 8GB - N-Gage Problem

Hi,

I have installed the New Firmware V 20.0.016 update but I am unable to use my N-Gage after doing this. I have tried reinstalling N-Gage but to no avail. I have also tried to removed N-Gage but I am unable to do this.The message I get is REMOVING FAILED

Any help or advice greatly appreciated
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Nokia N95 8GB - N-Gage Problem

You need to visit the official n-gage forums to discuss this problem.

http://forums.arena.n-gage.com
Please use plain text.

Thanks for that but please excuse my ignorance as this is the first time I have used the forum why is it a N-Gage problem when I am trying to remove software from my phone
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Because chances are that the issue has been covered on their forum as it covers everything n-gage related.

The easiest way I know to get rid of it is a hard reset but they may know a better way that may save you a lot of time.

Hard reset:

This will remove all data and installed programs from your phone so back up first.

1. Switch off the phone.

2. Hold down the following three buttons: Green (the call answer button), * button, and '3' button.

3. While holding these buttons, press the power button and switch on the phone.

4. Release when the phone shows the nokia logo or shows other signs of life like the language selection screen.
Please use plain text.

Thanks a million.

I will give that a try, as I am at the end of mt tether with this.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
earpon

I just hope you kept your e-mails when you purchased N-Gage games. You will need these for the serial #s for reinstalling your games.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Does the "hard reset" thing saves my messages. If not, how do I do a beckup?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

No it does not, you can try synching your phone to your pc to back up you messages.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

i have downloaded creatures of the deep on my n95 8gb, but when i tried to play it again, the icons is faded, and its says me, "are your sure you want to delete creatures of the deep? i also tried to reinstall the ngage installer but to no avail... is the game corrupted? any help pls...
Please use plain text.
Sage
jalisinfo

Check your n95 8GB supports this game or not coz some of this ph doesnt support n-gage games even though u can somehow managed to install the game.
check firmware and n-gage application version and RM type

Should check all and see how:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I had the same issue with n-gage and the nokia n95 8GB, after upgrading to latest firmware n-gage is useless. Hard reset and build the phone back up was the only way to go- nokia software strikes again.... another drama.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Always, after upgrading firmware, reinstall N-Gage first, then restore the backup, then reinstall games.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

thanks for the advice ngage is back on!
after though i noticed in my applications menu that i no longer had some games/applications that came with the phone ie: tetris, progolf, sims,msn live, ebay. I remember that last time i noticed that was after a firmwate update but i was able to get the all back simply by instaling something that i have now forgotten.
Plus now when i try to install my communities it doesnt install it as there is a problem with the page...

any tips/ideas highly appreciated!
Dimitris
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Nokia N-Gage Problem

please help me with my problem. everytime i recieve message, it automatically reply with mms. i just register to 211 to activate my mms, after i register the problem start. anyone who can help me with my problem? your help is highly appreciated.

thanks and God Bless...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Nokia N-Gage Problem

You need to contact your network operator to solve that problem.
Please use plain text.
benaissa59

je viens d'acheter un portable chez un magasin  nokia n95 8gb V.20.0.0.006 M-320  code produit:0558166 je voudrais savoir pourquoi il y a pas de version pour celui-ci pourtant nous some à la version 21

Please use plain text.