Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia N96 software update

Registered Member
Loud

Nokia N96 software update

How do i update my N96 i am having problems with most programs not to run including Nokia Messaging Email, Skype etc. The phone is slow i tried resetting the phone but still no change, my software or firmware is bad. Help!
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia N96 software update

[ Edited ]

You will not find any update for this more than 5 year old device. If you have never updated it, you may try your luck by following the procedure mentioned HERE .

You may check if you get the 'Re-install' option as seen in the attachment.

BTW, what Reset did you try ? Was it only a Factory reset or a soft reset by dialing *#7370# ? If you have not tried the later, first back-up all your data as the reset will erase all the data from the phone memory. Then dial the code mentioned followed by 12345 (Default security code unless changed by you..) when prompted.. Then see the difference ..

shobuj

i like nokia product very much.
shobuj16
shobuj

i did try factory hard and soft reset but i'm still having problem with my n96 phone using of skype..what i have to do ?
shobuj16
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Skype is probably not supported properly anymore on such old devices like on Symbian. just yesterday, Microsoft announced that Skype on Symbian and Windows Phone 7 is being discontinued in the near future.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

shobuj wrote:
still having problem with my n96 phone using of skype

Which issue do you face exactly, any error message: We need that word for word!

Abolfazl0098

It's Better to Update from Phone in the setting

Ѧαтяιϰ βσʏ