Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia N97 firmware 22.0.110 is released: Still Nok...

Registered Member
Cesarn97

Re: Nokia N97 firmware 22.0.110 is released

I have updated my N97 to the latest firmware and I can tell that there are some improvements in the OS, speed, smoother scrolling.. I am as well as many people happy with new firmwares, so we hope this is not goimg to be the last firmware that Nokia can released. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Stuntman

Anyone have any idea when this will be released in Canada?  I'm on Bell.  The intermittent default ringtone is really bugging me.  Just checked now and still no update.

<\
\>tuntman
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
torahulsinghal

Ok...finally did update to v22.2.110, not through NSU or through the software update app in the device, but through the device update option in the App Settings.

No noticable changes in the app or in the C: drive space, however phone feels a bit more responsive and faster now. Also the scrolling has improved.

WishList :smileytongue: - > Would love the option of installing all the Nokia Apps like Maps, Email etc on the mass memory, they jst eat a hell lot of space on the phone memory.

Also the camera flash which blurs the image towards the lef hand side, would want to get it fixed..

Hope we get another upgrade soon and, ofcourse it catering the wish list :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor

i wish they release this updates to the RM 505..its been mos since the latest updates..still im on v20..0585680..beginning to lose hope..

Please use plain text.
Professor
matt_t

The 22.0.110 firmware is for the RM505, it's just not available for all product codes on that model number.
Nokia N8 on O2-UK
Firmware 022.014
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
semnantanha

Camera is very weak :smileysad: Camera is very weak Camera is very weak Camera is very weak Camera is very weak :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
semnantanha

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hamzie11

Lol the camera has nothing to do with firmware......

thats a fault in the manufacturing.

I handed mine into the care centre and they changed the camera for me and it doesn't scratch anymore - nor do i have the flash problem.

Another solution is to take a permanent black marker - and make a line across the border of the flash light - thatll fix the flooding of light on one side of the pic

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kerste

[ Edited ]

Now that I've installed this new "update" it makes my phone crash more than I would like it to.  It conflicts with some of the themes on my phone and restarts and then defaults to the black nseries2 theme.

This is not how i pictured it...... why oh why..  :smileysad:

Think it's time for an N900 or an alcatel phone!

Please use plain text.
Professor
matt_t

The fallback to the default black theme is a bug that has been in existence for a while now, it wasn't introduced with the 22.x firmware.  If I switch my N97 off for a while it'll often load up and display the default 'not so black' black theme in error.   It should have been fixed by now though, so my fingers are crossed it gets fixed in v30.x.

Nokia N8 on O2-UK
Firmware 022.014
Please use plain text.

hey bro, i live in canada too, just wondering if you got the update for 2.0 yet

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Stuntman

ericleo1:

Still no v.22 for me.  I'm still on V.21.  I've been checking a couple of times a week.

Are you on Bell, too?

<\
\>tuntman
Please use plain text.
Advisor

yeah me too have problen on the flash of the n97..if i bring it on a care center they can fix it??

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tehranshahr

i have random restart problem with v22,my phone restarted 10 times yesterday for no reason!
Nokia N97 (RM-505) Custom V2.2.0.110 HSNPersia Release.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

have you tried to do a backup then try to reset your phone

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

BUG: Automatic retrieval of emails no longer works. Despite doing a hard reset and re-setting up my email account.

In V21 and below, the auto retrieval would disable itself periodically, but now it stays enabled but just doesn't work.

:smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nae3m

@torahulsinghal - the flash which blurs the image is the camers lens which is scratched. if your phone is still under warrantee u should take it back.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

when will it be avaliable for all RM505 codes?

Please use plain text.
Sage

Nokia N97 firmware 22.0.110 is released: Still Nokia tone is there!!!!

Guys,

Believe it or not ! I heard the Nokia default ringtone today 2 times so far !!!

I don't know what they are waiting to end this stupid dilemma.

Please use plain text.
Sage

So sorry guys, it was my fault. I mistakenly deleted the assigned tone file. But it's working fine now. Well done Nokia
Please use plain text.