Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Pc suite / Ovi Suit / Software Updater.... N...

kazmi7

Nokia Pc suite / Ovi Suit / Software Updater.... None of them is updating my N95 8gb firmware

Hi I have tried all three Nokia Pc suite / Ovi Suit / Software Updater. to update the firmware of my nokia n95 8 gb. but none of them is updating my phone. Right now 20.0.16 is the firmware on my mobile but you can check it out that the latest firmware available for N95 8GB ,,,, 31.0.015 . i tried this on my other laptop as well but showing me the same problem. i cant understand that when i am using the newest versions of Nokia Pc suite / Ovi Suit / Software Updater than why they are not installing the new firmware on my phone and showing me the message that it has already got the latest firmware which is totally wrong. i have attached a pic for the helpers to help and guide me out of this situation. thanx
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia Pc suite / Ovi Suit / Software Updater.... None of them is updating my N95 8gb firmware

Availability of update depends on Product Code  / Region..also if the phone is Network locked, then the update is possible only after an approval from the Operator.. It seems Nokia is yet to make any updates available for your phone.. so wait and keep checking...

Please use plain text.
kazmi7

Re: Nokia Pc suite / Ovi Suit / Software Updater.... None of them is updating my N95 8gb firmware

Hi, farby thanx for the reply, First of all my phone is already unlocked and one my friend is also facing this same problem. as i have mentioned that there is update available on the nokia website. its just he Updater software which is not updating although it is connected to internet. maybe you should look to the picture i have attached to this thread. In the pic it is saying that 20.0.16 is the firmware is present on my mobile But you can check it out that the latest firmware available for N95 8GB ,,,, 31.0.015. and just look at the difference in the firmware versions. Its not like that N95 8gb is a latest phone and would have to wait for the new firmware. There should had been many firmware updates available between 20.0.16 to 31.0.015 versions. i hope so that you will understand which i am trying to explain. thanx bye
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

One more way to confirm is..

http://www.nokia.co.in/support/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update

As I have mentioned, the Nokia site shows the latest version available.. but that MAY NOT be for YOUR phone..

As a final go, you may try getting the latest update thru' Nokia Care.. as there are reports that in few cases that was possible..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

[ Edited ]

Doesnt matter if your phone is unlocked, it still carries the product code recognized as an operator model if it was acquired via an operator, and still needs operator approval before it updates.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post has been edited because you mentioned about an unauthorised procedure that may invalidate the phone's warranty; hence we do not allow it to be discussed on an official Nokia forum. 

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
kazmi7

[ Edited ]

Thanx chanchan. I was also checking out some site and thats the only solution which was mentioned there.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

@viang - AFAIK what I mentioned is not an unauthorized procedure. You can go to your carrier (Rogers for example) and get a written consent to do that, and they would do that for you.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
kazmi7

chan, I bought this phone as a second hand (used) so i dont know should i go to their office or not any ways if u know the procedure then plz direct me in Pvt.
Please use plain text.