Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Software Updater 2.4.1

Employee
xbungle

Nokia Software Updater 2.4.1

Hello

Nokia Software Updater release 2.4.1 is now available and all older versions will now be updated to this release.

Changes in this release include:

• Windows 7 support  
  • Improved USB connectivity
  • Multi-lingual support for device software "What's New" notes.

Regards

xbungle 

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

When will the web install links update, Because Windows 7 Users can not install the old version and then update it.

Windows 7 Users need Fresh install file to download and install on the system.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have already installed it downloading from web. Check links are already updated.
Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Yes its updated, but they not update the screen info. Still it say Vista & WinXp

Requires: Windows Vista or XP they need to change it.

Thanks for the update :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

is Nokia Software Updater 2.4.1 effective for nokia9300

Sir i have tried my best to update nokia9300 with data cable PC SUITE but its invain

please inform me how to update my 9300.

my phone in not in the list of Update Software.

there is virus in my phone.

There is problem in message sending and Web browsing

please please help me.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]
Hmmm, I am only able to locate v1.8.10.40008 and not 2.4.1. Any advice which country's Nokia site is having this v2.4.1? I tried Asia and UK site.
Message Edited by chaicka on 11-Dec-2009 03:41 AM
Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

[ Edited ]

Yes Still the download links are not updated. Still all are downloading 1.8, But for user of WinXp its ok. It will get update to new one. But for Windows 7 users its not possible. 1.8 Version does not get installed on Win 7.

Needs to update all the download link & update the site ASAP.

Nokia Software Updater release 2.4.1 for Win 7 users need the fresh download to install.

:smileyhappy:

Message Edited by lvvine on 11-Dec-2009 09:44 AM
Message Edited by lvvine on 11-Dec-2009 09:46 AM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rider5512

Am I missing something here?

I have just downloaded NSU from the UK site to find that it is version 1.8 still !!

Rider5512
Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Nokia Software Updater  2.4.1 is still not updated on Nokia Site. All the users are getting 1.8 version to download.

Its a Very big problem for windows 7 users 

Please use plain text.
Sage
genesis

xbungle wrote:

Hello

Nokia Software Updater release 2.4.1 is now available and all older versions will now be updated to this release.

Changes in this release include:

• Windows 7 support  
  • Improved USB connectivity
  • Multi-lingual support for device software "What's New" notes.

Regards

xbungle 

So when and where can we download this new virsion that supports for Windows 7, ever since this thread was posted i have tried to download the updated file for Windows 7 but no matter where i go i can't download it, i keep getting the older file that doesn't support Windows 7, i don't want to run in compatablity mode, i want the updated file that is supposedly available for download, is it realy out there and if it is where do i get it from, this is so annoying.
Phone: Nokia 5800 ExpressMusic (RM-356)
Firmware: 40.0.005
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sockatume

It's easy, just run the version you can't run and you'll get the option to install the version you can run. It helps if you lift yourself up by your bootstraps and clap with one hand, provided that you don't hear a tree falling in the woods. Just make sure you're not hearing a tree not falling in the woods.

Help I'm trapped in a sig factory.
Please use plain text.
Sage
genesis

sockatume wrote:

It's easy, just run the version you can't run and you'll get the option to install the version you can run. It helps if you lift yourself up by your bootstraps and clap with one hand, provided that you don't hear a tree falling in the woods. Just make sure you're not hearing a tree not falling in the woods.

I've tried that and i don't get offered the new version, infact i don't get offered any updates at all, the only version available to me is 1.8.10 which i downloaded from Nokia europe and also Nokia UK, my firewall isn't blocking anything either, so, where do i get the new 2.4.1 Windows 7 version?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rider5512

I contacted Nokia support about this supposed new version of NSU quoting xbungles original post asking where it could be downloaded from and the response I got after a 4 day wait was quite amazing:-

I was asked to provide my IMEI/serial no so they could inform me what software was available for my phone!!!!

They seemed to completely disregard my question so what is the point of customer support?

Needless to say I was more than a little miffed.

Rider5512
Please use plain text.
Professor
patruns

I updated my phone over the weekend. I use Nokia PC Suite and it immediately told me there is a newer version and offerd to download and install it. When I ran the NSU, it did not find any newer version and 1.8 continues to be the latest.
If I have helped you with your problem in some way, please take a little time and hit the kudos button in my post. Without your feedback, I don't know if I am being helpful or should just be put out to pasture. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
genesis

I have just downloaded and older version of NSU and treid updating, gues what, the update version that gets downloaded is 1.8.10 and the file name is > "NokiaSoftwareUpdaterSetup_1.8.10EN.exe" which is incompatible with Windows 7, the file that we need is "NokiaSoftwareUpdaterSetup_2.4.1EN.exe" so, if anyone on here has succesfully updated to version 2.4.1 would you be so kind as to check your Windows temp folder > "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp" to see if the file "NokiaSoftwareUpdaterSetup_2.4.1EN.exe" is in one of the temp folders, if it is could you PLEASE upload it to somewhere so we can download it.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Sage
ravidavi

sockatume wrote:

:smileyhappy:) Hahaha thanks man, I needed that laugh!  I think it's also hilarious how a Nokia employee comes on here and says "Software update XXX is now available."  We all reply, "no it isn't."  And there is absolutely NO acknowledgement of this from the source.  Great customer service!

Ravi

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Well, apparently, someone else in the forum mentioned that the v2.4.1 was pulled from public release because of bug with USB found.
Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Yes its true, Version 2.4.1 had a major bug in Windows 7 it had issue with USB (only in Win 7). So it was not was released for public.

Version 2.4.1 works very well in Windows XP, But not in Win 7.

Version 2.4.2 is been tested, will be released once all the test process is completed successfully.

All Windows 7 users have to wait for some more time.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Give the link please, no one seems to have found it yet. So, Nokia Employee, please post the link.
Please use plain text.

it's a nokia classic. they are kidding customers.

BRAVO NOKIA. YOU ARE A SERIOUS COMPANY!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.