Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Software Updater - Service unavailable - ple...

Counsellor

Nokia Software Updater - Service unavailable - please try later.

Hi there.

As usual NSU is not working properly. There are lots of solutions, but, in my opinion, most common problem is with certificates.

Well, You could check for NSU logs in directory X:\ProgramData\Nokia\Nokia Service Layer\A\Logs or alike for different OS. (This is for Vista Home).

Log could say something like:

19:55:10.875 [WININET]  InternetQueryOption(74): 4
19:55:10.878 [WININET]  Opening 'https://www.dsut.online.nokia.com/oti/get_params.do?application_id=2'
19:55:10.882 [WININET]  Proxy username and password not set
19:55:10.904 [WININET]  Sending first request
19:55:11.873 [ERR20053] HttpSendRequest failed with error 12037 [WINAPI 12037 'Неправильная или устаревшая дата сертификата ']
19:55:11.880 [ERR21092] Cannot connect to NOL server
19:55:11.885 [ERR21092] Cannot open POSTI session 

Which means - ERROR 12037 'Wrong or expired certificate date'.

To check this You could also try connecting to shown https - explorer will yield about certificate and You could ignore it, but how to set up NSU to ignore it?

Nokia, is it too hard to update certificate??

I'm pretty sure that more than 50% of NSU update problems is due to this certificate issue! (The other 40%, I think, is due to certificate itself, which is not recognized by explorer/winapi as a proper/trusted one, but You could fix it).

Please use plain text.