Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia Software Updater not working on Nokia 6120 c...

Nokia Software Updater not working on Nokia 6120 classic on 3

My phone is the:
Nokia 6120 classic (RM-243) on the 3 network
Software Version 3.70.

I was using the Nokia software updater to update my Nokia 6120c.

It found my phone and a new software version 3.83 was available.

I then proceeded to follow the instructions on screen which led to the latest software download to the PC.

Once the download to the PC was complete another screen showed the download to the phone.

The progress bar was stuck on the same 15 seconds and no progress was made.

Another screen was then displayed showing 'phone recovery', with 4 steps available:
1.remove battery and charger from phone
2.insert the battery and insert the charger
3.click 'retry' to continue
4.press the phone's power button

After following the steps the same software update screen is displayed showing the progress stuck on 15 seconds. Once that fails the same 'phone recover' screen appears.

I closed the updater application and checked the software version using *#0000# and it still shows the same software version 3.70. No software update occured.
Counsellor

Re: Nokia Software Updater not working on Nokia 6120 classic on 3

I had the same problem when using a vista pc but managed to get it to work using an xp pc? On the vista pc I got driver update message when the update was sitting at 15mins, kept trying to install nokia usb rom driver (?), then NSU timed out and got recovery instructions. It worked first time on an xp pc, so assuming that the application is broken on vista? I now have the 6120c (3 network) updated to 3.83, although unsure what it has fixed as Nokia do not publish any change logs! So far have not noticed any difference...
Sage
delixis

09-Nov-200710:19 PM
mvan wrote:
I had the same problem when using a vista pc but managed to get it to work using an xp pc? On the vista pc I got driver update message when the update was sitting at 15mins, kept trying to install nokia usb rom driver (?), then NSU timed out and got recovery instructions. It worked first time on an xp pc, so assuming that the application is broken on vista? I now have the 6120c (3 network) updated to 3.83, although unsure what it has fixed as Nokia do not publish any change logs! So far have not noticed any difference...

Yes, I agree. NSU v1.4.14en do not act reliably on both of my Vista x64 machines. It will be better on Compaq Pressario V3000 with AMD Turion 64x2 with 2 GB ram but works unreliably on PC with AMD Athlon 64x2 with 2 GB ram. Both machines are regular updated and work very well when considered they are Vista x64. So, I will be better to use WinXp to update my phone, just on the safe side.
C6-00 with 8GB MicroSD

I managed to get the phone to update on my xp machine at home. It was due to the drivers were not fully installed on the pc.

Thanks
Mal.
Contributor

I can't update my 6120 also branded on 3
NSU does not found any upgrade!

Andrei
Advisor

I have a Telstra branded 6120c (FW 3.70) and the NSU always goes into Phone Recovery during the upgrade, and the upgrade does not occur. I am using the latest NSU and direct USB connection with the Nokia cable. Any bright ideas?
Nokia N95, N73, E65, 6120 Classic, 6310i (for nostalgia)
Advisor

I fixed this on my phone by reinstalling PC Suite Support on my phone through Nokia PC Suite -> Help
Nokia N95, N73, E65, 6120 Classic, 6310i (for nostalgia)
Counsellor

I fixed by changing USB port so that driver get installed again...
Registered Member

I tried this twice (6120)... followed the instructions to the letter...

The first time it failed to update and went into recovery mode, the second time it fried the phone!... so i'm now without phone for 3 weeks while it (hopefully) gets repaired...

Given the cost of the phone, you'd think they'd get this stuff right!... or at least set it up so that it can't destroy the phone...
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
pleas give me URL to download old Softwere v3.83 for nokia 6120c because i install v6.01 but i dont really like it :smileyhappy: thak you
Message Edited by kar4ooo on 07-Jun-2009 04:14 PM
Mobile Sensei
radical24

leas give me URL to download old Softwere v3.83 for nokia 6120c because i install v6.01 but i dont really like it :smileyhappy: thak you

_-_-_-

hello there,

its is not possible to roll back the firmware. the only way you can update your frimware is to use NSU, for some newer phones FOTA and nokia care points. in very rare instances nokia care points will roll back the firmware but it is at thier discretion and you have to have a really good reason for asking them to do so.

usually alwyas check for the latest nsu, all the drivers and latest version of the pc suite prior to any firmware updates. if your phones are branded to a network, it is up to the network to approve firmware updates prior to release. this might be a reason why some of you are unable to download the latest firmawre for your phones. you can contact your provider and ask them if the latest firmware had been approved by them for release.  

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....