Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Software Updater - nsl_host_process.exe ...

Employee

Re: Nokia Software Updater - nsl_host_process.exe - nsu_ui_client.exe erros

deltanrbj,

Your issue is already being worked on.

For everyone in the rest of this thread, if you have verified that it is not your connection and followed the suggestion made by NSU, you need to contact your local Nokia Customer Contact Center for assistance. Things you will need before you call:

Your Product Code (On the label under your battery next to Code)

and the version of Nokia Software Updater (Shown on the splash screen when NSU is opening)

A few additional troubleshooting suggestions:

A - Make sure you are running the latest version of NSU

B - Did you change your product code in an attempt to get software that was not meant for your phone? If so, you may need to change it back.

C - Do you have a friend with a different model of Nokia phone? Have them try to update using your machine. Did it work? If so call your local Nokia Contact Center.

Got questions about your US or Canada purchased Nokia device? Wanna know when the latest SW is available?
Follow us on Twitter - NokiaCareUS
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have already contacted Nokia Customer care (no solution yet) on this issue.

Nokia E71-2 (RM-357)

Prod Code:  0569371

NSU Ver: 1.7.3en-us

I talked to customer care yesterday, and I am supposed to get a call back from the next level tech, but no solution yet.

I am currently running E71 v200.21, and NSU finds the phone, and says an update to v300.21 is available, but always fails.   I have tried this one two different machines (XP and Windows 7) with the same results.  I even ran a packet trace to make sure that a firewall is not getting in the way (It is not, as I see the SYN/SYN-ACK/ACK TCP handshake successfully for an SSL connection to nokia's update server)

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

---Thanks!

---Dave

Please use plain text.
Employee

Thanks for the added info Dave, it helps.

Got questions about your US or Canada purchased Nokia device? Wanna know when the latest SW is available?
Follow us on Twitter - NokiaCareUS
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

All,

The problem is on Nokia's side one of the files in the firmware update is corrupt.

I tried this  what was recommended below and it worked for me e71-2 no problems.

http://moov4.net/node/83

Perhaps Nokia tech support should read this too to help them fix the corrupted file.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

i searched up and come to that site as well.  i still think it's a risk because you have to basically hack your phone, which i don't want to. 

i'm guessing is that the reason why the update is not up is because nokia just might be making some modifications to it?  who knows... i can live with my current firmware.  

Please use plain text.
Advisor

is it that hard to upload the files back on the server?
Please use plain text.

i have the same problem.... i know everything's fine from my side but not sure if nokia's servers are responding when i try to update....i had NSU1.6.3 and it said a  new version of NSU was available but it the download was stuck at 0% and  i got the same error as in post #1...then i downloaded and installed NSU1.7.3 and it couldn't identify my mobile itself giving "Error in connection" message... i tried the solutions given here but to no luck...and i had used NSU a month ago and it worked fine..... i badly want to update my mobile.... so please nokia get it resolved soon....

Nokia N85 (RM-333 CTR ARABIC 1 COPPER)

-Thanks is advance!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Just to let you know: The upgrade of my N97 did work finally, but what a disappointment: v.12 didn't show the expected boost. I don't even know, what they have changed at all... Meanwhile I bought an IPhone and gave up messing with Nokia. Bye bye after 15 years. You Fins are on the wrong track, but this isn't my way any longer.

Better a device, which isn't even the "edge of technology", but can be operated easily and works as expected, instead of having something in the hand, which hasn't reached beta stadium at all...

I'm just sorry about the lot of bucks I've spent for the biggest disappointment of the year 2009 (to me) - the Nokia N97.

Regards

Please use plain text.

Finally i can update my phone... Guess the issue has been solved... thanks Nokia.....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Not fixed yet for E71-2 Product Code: 0569371.

They did change the servers to list 200.21.118 as the latest software available for 0569371, so the update to 300.21 no longer is an option at the moment.   I guess I will check again tomorrow to see if the update re-appears.

-_Dave

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Still  not working for me either.

NSU downloads 25,2Mb (47Mb total) of the firmware and then stops with error message. Same spotr every time.

RM-443

NSU 1.73da

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I haven't heard from any posters to this forum recently and I'm just wondering if anyone with the 0569371 product code has been able to update to 300.xx yet. I was quite happy to update my Nokia Software Updater today (hoping that might solve the problem) but to no avail. And, in what seems to the usually cryptic method of communication Nokia prefers, why that update was needed, what it is supposed to have fixed/improved was not immediately obvious.

I'd be happy to hear if just one other person with the product code above had been able to update with NSU (not through a hack or some such thing), to know whether it's me, or them -- or if in fact the NSU is suggesting the 300.xx update is again available to owners with the 371 product code. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

The update to 300.21 for Product Code 0569371 (E71-2) is still not available according to both NSU, and the web site:

http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-and-software/software/device-software-update/can-i-update

I also updated to the latest NSU (v1.8.10en-us), which of course did not make any difference.

---Dave

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay, one last kick at the can here. First, in this post from docmobile, I'm assured that the problem is being worked on, although it seems the solution so far has been to just pull the update again. However, others are recommended to contact the Nokia Customer Contact Centre. So I have just a couple of questions as I wait what I hope will be the eventual working release of the update:

1) Has anyone done this and had their 0569371 product code phone updated by Nokia themselves, either before when the 300.XX update actually existed, or now? If not, of what value was contacting Nokia Customer Contact Centre? (I'm outside the US for work for the next couple of months, so it is not practical for me)

2) Has anyone with the 0569371 been able to upgrade to 300.XX, now or earlier, with or without contacting or going to a customer care centre, using the NSU (ie. without hacking the phone)? I'm just curious if any owners of phones with this model number have been able to upgrade at all using the standard path. 

Message Edited by deltanrbj on 18-Oct-2009 04:46 AM
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Well, after months of trying and trying I was able to upgrade my phone!!

I just updated the software and when tried it, but I wasn't expecting it to work, so I didn't a back up of my phone and I lost a few things because I wasn't going to stop the thing when it was finally working. And my last back up was from October 1rst.

Everything worked fine, but now... tell me, what's so great about this upgrade? Cos I really have no idea, the only new thing I found was a thingie for MySpace, which I don't use and I'm not interested in using.  Other than that, there's nothing interesting at plain sight...

Message Edited by alejandra on 18-Oct-2009 05:14 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

you ppl might laugh after discovering the problem :\.

the problem is your antivirus ! disable it completely.. and thn try to install ! im sure it will work :smileyvery-happy:

well for me it worked im sure for everyone.. 

pls Kudus if im right !!  :::smileyhappy:))

Please use plain text.

Trust me, that wasn't the problem... I think almost all of us tried that at some point... At least I did... In case you didn't see it, there was an employee replied a couple of weeks back, finally acknowledging this issue, and since that the updgrades have started working. 
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Just found this, formated my Vodafone UK N95 8GB to update to v30, PC Suite has been reminding me for ages to update, but since formating, has not done it?

Funny that? 

NSU just gives the "failed to connect three times, because of nsi_host_process.exe & nsu_ui_client.exe" message,

tried with OVI and Anti-Virus disabled, no joy, 

Anyone with the same on a N95  8GB?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I get the following message

"Nokia Software Updater has attempted to connect to the internet but has failed three times. This could be because of a poor-quality, slow, or intermittent internet connection, or restrictions due to a firewall

If requested by your firewall, Nokia Software Updater needs the following applications to gain access to the internet:

nsl_host_process.exe
nsu_ui_client.exe"
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I suggest everyone try installing  Ovi Suite as Simply D stated. I had this problem with E75. When I installed my phone to Suite mode for the first time after installing  Ovi, a window popped up stating  that I had problems connecting 2 components (Cdm comm and another). I thought it would be more problems, but it worked without fault when connected to Ovi. I had never planned on installing Ovi, but it is actually nice and does the job of PC Suite and Software Updater in one. Go ahead and take the leap to Ovi. Im sure Nokia wants you to.
Please use plain text.