Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Nokia Software Updater via Bluetooth connection

Counsellor
i7mad

Nokia Software Updater via Bluetooth connection

[ Edited ]
I tried the Nokia Software Updater to update my mobile software but Using the Bluetooth connection at my work PC, but it refused it and told me that there is no device connected to the PC.

PC suite connected via Bluetooth and working normaly.

any Ideas about connecting to Nokia Software Updater through Bluetooth connection?

Message Edited by i7mad on 05-Dec-2006
02:44 PM

N73 Music Edition
V 3.0705.1.0.31
Advisor

Re: Nokia Software Updater via Bluetooth connection

it's not supported by bluetooth only USB because nokia think bluetooth is not stable enough to update that way check the NSU FAQ for more details, IMO i think they should support it because i hate using USB.
Counsellor
i7mad

what is NSU?
N73 Music Edition
V 3.0705.1.0.31
Advisor

Nokia Software Update
Counsellor
i7mad

ohh got it.

thank you :smileyhappy:
N73 Music Edition
V 3.0705.1.0.31
Registered Member

what's IMO?
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

in my opinion
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

during the update process all the data are erased from the phone and so no signals (calling, bluetooth, gprs...) can be sent or received.
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Employee
jauhis

i7mad wrote:
I tried the Nokia Software Updater to update my mobile software but Using the Bluetooth connection at my work PC, but it refused it and told me that there is no device connected to the PC.

NSU (Nokia Software Updater) writes data directly onto device's ROM. This can only be done when the device is in a special "flash mode", a kind of "stripped down" state where no fancy Bluetooth or other connections are available. That is why a cable connection is needed. Hope this explains the unexpected experience. 

I think nokia start including those data cables with the phone then, paying 25€ for such a simple USB cable is a bad joke in my humble opinion.
Contributor

Espoo,

so tell me why the bluetooth in E52 ND e51 DICONNECTS from car system during talk ?

Code3

hi frnds...

I hav a problem now. Am using Nokia E66 and its not connecting via USB. I need to update the software... Plz help me out... 

/t5/Connectivity/Nokia-E66-Cable-Connection-Error/m-p/889297