Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Updater Connection Error

Registered Member

Nokia Updater Connection Error

Hi
i have n95 8gb RM-320
Firmware version: 11.0.026

Nokia Update

connection error, sorry the nokia software updater service is currently unavailable, please disconnect your device and try again later.

i have try 3 days.

Regards
Please use plain text.
Advisor
pammylz

I'm getting this error too, but only for the last 24 hours... I hope they're just doing maintenance.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Me too! OK, so I am not alone.
6230, 7610, 6682, E61, E61i, E71 (very soon)
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
3 days still unavailable, my nokia N95 8GB has V1.2.011 (21.01.08) RM-421 want to update firmware... :smileysad: Anybody know when NSU stay online? :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by kyskis on 11-Jul-2008 04:57 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Got it. I see what you mean. You could keep trying, but no matter what you do, you will not be able to downgrade using NSU, period. See here: http://europe.nokia.com/A4577229#faq26
Please use plain text.
Advisor
pammylz

I'm sorry, I'm not being clear. :smileyhappy: I keep checking NSU to see if Tmobile's firmware for the 5310 has updated to 7.01 from 5.91. I know downgrading is impossible and I am not looking for it to downgrade me. Just checking everyday to see if T-Mobile has the latest firmware.

Thanks for your help, btw.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Ah! I get it, I get it. You want it to say "you already have the latest version, do you want to reinstall?" so that you can say yes and reflash the same firmware version, but for your product code.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
pammylz

Yep! That's it! I want to reinstall!

I tried that thing I said I was gonna do earlier, and NSU still didn't connect, same error.. So, I think the service is just down. I wish a moderator would let us know what is going on. Because I would like to know if the service is down, or if the software update feature has been removed for my phone model....it's been down for 3 days....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi, I'm getting the same connection error problem.
I'm getting a bit fed up as i have not been able to update my N95 since i got it. First the updater didn't support Vista and now that it does i can never get connected to the Server. I tried on my work PC using XP but same issue.
Is Nokia aware of this problem?
Please use plain text.
put_jattan_da

im getting the same problem how do i fix it?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hr... 4 days, my nokia very want to update/reinstall the firmware! :smileysad:
Please use plain text.

I have the same error...!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

the same error but i want to know if the problem from my pc or from the nokia server
ayman
Please use plain text.

we are many users who have this problem, i think the problem is from the nokia server. I hope so
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hello,
I'm from Prague, Czech Republic. Same problem with Nokia 6300. This is a worldwide problem.
Nokia 6300
Please use plain text.
Advisor

i hope it solve faster
ayman
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
"Nokia 5310 and Nokia 6500 Classic software removed- 10 July 2008

Support for Nokia 5310 and Nokia 6500 Classic has temporarily been removed from the Nokia Software Updater service. Other Nokia products are not affected. Support will be reinstated as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

Now I feel like a fool, I just bought this damned 5310 on the 10th...lol, who knows how soon is ASAP. Nokia! Please, I just want to install Chinese f/w on my phone.

Message Edited by zhimingmo on 12-Jul-2008 07:42 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

we waite
ayman
Please use plain text.

Mhh, as the NSU servers keep down, there must be another way to upgrade the firmware downloading the correct image... I still could not find the tool or the image... Any tip on how to proceed would be appreciable.

Thank you and regards
Please use plain text.
Advisor

There are ways and there are places, but trust me when I say you're better off waiting for Nokia to fix NSU.
Please use plain text.