Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Updater Connection Error

Hello Everybody

This is very wierd i just updated 5500 sport via nsu that worked perfectly then i took e65 and could not update god the same connection error, can we soon have a statement from some nokia people.

Thanks in advance

José
Please use plain text.
Advisor

NOT ME! ... I dont even know what these 'product codes' are ... lol ... Mine is brand new E90 ... Untouched!
Please use plain text.

My E65 gives this message and it has the original product code. I don't think it's a product code problem.
Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]
When log hunting, I noticed a 0kB .FPL file in this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nokia\Nokia Service Layer\A\nsl_service_module_00001\tpls\www.fireint.nokia.com.one_internal.caresuite

I've found 0kB to rarely be a good sign, so I deleted the file, tried NSU again and ta-da, connected OK! :-)

I also noticed that "Connection error" seems to have replaced "No software available" (which is what i now get for my 7900 after it was removed) - see http://europe.nokia.com/A4577225

Message Edited by gunglewack on 21-Jul-2008 09:57 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

My .FPL file was 2kB, and deleting it didn't make any difference to the problem here. :-(

For me though, the folder was: www.dsut.online.nokia.com.oti.caresuite
Changing this folder name made no difference. I think this is just a record of what has been downloaded before.

However, this got me looking around, and in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nokia\Nokia Service Layer\A\Logs
I found detailed session logs for every connection attempt I have made. Particularly interesting was one message about 3/4 of the way down:
"07:56:05.374 [ERR21107] Product not supported: no files exist for this product"
And then a bit later:
"07:56:12.405 Action failed OMSI error: 302, result description: The phone model is not currently supported"
It looks like the connection to the server WAS established, and the phone info sent, and the server replied with the above.

Maybe gunglewack is right? Maybe "Connection error" now just means there is nothing new available for our phones? Mine is a 6121 with V04.09 (with bad echo in car kit - I was hoping for an update to fix this).
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
Hey, FINALLY nokia have let me register to these forums. Now I have been having the same problems as mentioned above for the same amount of time. Ive been watching these forums for updates. Ive contacted customer support and they, like everyone has said, don't have a clue whats going on. I also contacted my local nokia service center- who also don't have a clue why it is happening and want me to send the handset in.

Ive gone through the folders as the above two posts quoted and found nothing terribly interesting. However I did note that the contents of the log files has changed from the 16th to the 19th of July. It seems more 'worked' in the more recent ones.

Im incredibly frustrated at nokias LACK OF INFORMATION. I suggest you all contact local SERVICE CENTERS (because that is where people from your country will be working rather than the dummy support people in India who are reading of a computer screen.) Ask them to find out from 'higher up' as they will be able to.
Perhaps nokia will realize this major issue soon.
If i find out more, I will post right away.

Moderator Edited

Message Edited by dazz19 on 22-Jul-2008 08:15 AM
Please use plain text.

Hey Guys! Gunglewack's solution is working!
You have to delete all files and folder from:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nokia\Nokia Service Layer\A\nsl_service_module_00001\tpls\

and

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nokia\Nokia Service Layer\A\nsl_service_module_00001\vpls\

and then start NSU!

ENJOY!! =D
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Sorry dragonsshout, Its a no go for me :smileysad:
Please use plain text.

Where do you come from? I'm in Europe, Switzerland. And the language of my NSU is French. Maybe it's depending of the language of NSU ?!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

dragonsshout,
Unfortunately it doesn't work for me either. I have Nokia E71. In fact, when looking into a log file suggested by someone earlier, among lots of other stuff, I can see this:

20:30:04.406 [SOAP] -> Fault: Service specific exception: com.nokia.posti.server.caresuite.webservice.ProductCodeNotFoundFault

And this:

20:30:13.750 Action failed OMSI error: 400, result description: Please note that not all models have new software available. Nokia produces many different variants of each product (for different countries and languages) and not all variants will have updated software. It is our priority to update all variants as quickly as possible. Please try again later.

Which actually explains a lot, but why oh why the same message could not appear in NSU directly, instead of that freaking 'connection error' warning?!

I guess we all just need to wait...
Please use plain text.

I had the same idea above with the country and the language.
I wondering me why Nokia doesn't fix this problem after 3 weeks, a lot of people are using NSU...
Please use plain text.

I have same problem here in Peru... getting:" sorry the nokia software updater service is currently unavailable ..."

Any fix?

Regards,

Alex
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I'm in South Africa dragonsshout ... What phone do you have?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
Hey everyone. I found a solution... kind of.
I used my friends phone who had a US version of the N95-3, he ran it and it Updated fine. Mine is a 'Telstra' (an Australian network operator) branded N95-3.
We went to the Nokia Update Site and inputted both his and my product codes into the check box. His had an update available, mine did not.
It looks like the above user was right in saying that the error message means that there is no software available.

If your phone doesn't have the latest firmware, try this:

1. Get a copy of your product code.

"... you need your device’s product code. The code is printed on the white label beneath the battery and will look similar to this: CODE: 0520001"

FYI, my product code was the first 5 numbers of a much longer number.

2. Go to http://europe.nokia.com/A4577224 and check you product code against the database. If it says you have updates available, then proceed to NSU. My prediction is that it will work.

3. If it says you do NOT have updates available, but your firmware version is low or your phone is new then I think the issue is that your phone is branded to a specific company. By branded I do not mean locked. Branded phones (those with operator menus etc) have different product codes to the 'generic n95'.

4. Branded handsets with operator product codes do not always GET updates, as they have to be modified and approved by the operators first, which they often do not bother to do.

5. So in conclusion, i think it is just that the NSU is providing shocking user feedback into what the problem with the update is. Perhaps this is due to an actual prior server problem, where some corrupted files were downloaded. Now, while the problem appears the same, it is of a different nature. If you read my last post in this forum on page 7, you will see that I said my log files were very different from when the problem started to when I found a solution.

6. Either its that, or they have just fixed it and im an idiot.

Hope this helps, I'll check back to see what you think.

Message Edited by tomn8r on 22-Jul-2008 11:06 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Sir,
i have Nokia 5310 Xpress Music. its Version is 5.81. i want to update from 5.81 to v7.01. Whem i am tyring to update using software updater, an error message always come. it shows " sorry, the nokia upadater service is currently unavailable, please disconnect your device and
try again later" after this when i click try again means it shows another error message that unable to retrieve the phone details.what can i do? or what i have to do ?. plaese tell me. i do not know whether it is updater problem or my phone problem. please tell me correct solution for that.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have the same problem with my 3110c, but it just keeps saying that its unavailable. I cant get to a nokia service point, my nearest one is miles away. What should I do?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

They obviously pulled the firmware because of a bug but the message on the NSU is ridiculous. First it tells you that the service is unavailable, then after you click ok it tells you that it is unable to retrieve phone information. The customer service reps obviously have no idea what is going on either. It has almost been a month since the update was pulled. I have been a lifelong fan of Nokia products but it appears they have become a little too large to support their own products now. Motorola started down this path a few years ago and now can't even find someone who wants their wireless business. Be careful Nokia or you may see the same fate.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

yeah you are right.
i was finally able to load a new firmware and to be honest all of you on old firmware dont miss anything new.

I have both n95-4 and n95-2
n94-4 does not have automatic rotating screen with new update i have not notice anything different other than the font (wich i dont like) and applications seem to open little bit slower now. I think it did prolong battery life, i was using phone regurarly for a day ant at the end of a day i still had full battery, where before i would loose couple bars.

N95-2 on the other hand has a automatic rotating screen option and the font stayed the same. Other that that nothing major changed.

o and the problem i had uploding the software before was due to a wrong code in the phone.
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
Bad from Nokia... They are acting like Microsoft, giving false error messages. I confirm that connection errors happen because a wrong product code. I am happy with my updated phone now... Thumbs down to nokia and the lazy operators which do not approve firmware updates!

Message Edited by abbaddon on 26-Jul-2008 09:47 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]
I agree. Big thumbs down. V5.11 for my 6121 was released by the Nokia developers on 29th May, but I can't get it yet as "it is still being evaluated for suitability in Australia". I have switched back to my trusty 6230i - the 6121 is unusable until I get the 5.11 update to fix the car kit echo problem.

Moderator note:Edited

Message Edited by prodigy on 27-Jul-2008 05:04 AM
Please use plain text.