Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia X2-01 software update

Advisor
AkshDey

Nokia X2-01 software update

Hey Nokians as you know there is a new
firmware available for my device. And i
want to update my device with this new
firmware. But I have one question to ask,
before i update. I have .jar app called '' life
remarks '' installed on my phone memory. I
use it as a personal diary. I know it will be
removed from my phone once i update my
device. So i want to know if i move the app
temporarily on my memory card, and re-
transfer it to my phone after the update,
will it work like before? will the application
data remain unchanged? Please let me know, as
this application is too important for m
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
astra2025

Re: Nokia X2-01 software update

[ Edited ]

Hi AkshDey, 

Thanks for your post. 

Before you update your device, please back up the data via Nokia Suite. Download the program from this link: 

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/product/nokia-suite/

Then connect your device to your PC via USB cable, open the program and go to Tools > Back up. In the back up steps make sure you also tick "Apps and settings". This will back up all the applications from your device (saved in the C: memory), including the data saved in them (such as levels etc...)

Once your data is fully back up, just select the Updates tab and download the available update. 

Note that you can also always download again any app purchased from Nokia Store from "My Stuff" which you can find in Nokia Store once signed in. 

Let us know how you get on and feel free to post any other questions you may have. 

Regards, 

astra2025

Press the 'Accept Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
AkshDey

I dont have a fast internet connection right now, so i have to update it from Nokia Care. What i can do is to back up the data, but is it possible that Nokia suit would back up any 3rd party app data?
Please use plain text.
jay_jumnani

how to update nokia x2-01 mobile phone............
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

[ Edited ]

Connect your phone to a computer & select Nokia Suite mode. If you do not have Nokia Suite on your pc you can download it from here. Now open the Nokia Suite & click on the “green icon of arrow pointing downwards”.

If any updates are available they will be shown in ‘green’. If not you may reinstall the current version. Reinstall option is shown in ‘blue’. If no option to reinstall is shown, please wait for sometime it will become visible.  Then the Nokia Suite will download the new software version of the phone. After it you will be prompted to take a complete back up of the device content. Please do not skip this step as reinstallation will erase all the personal data from the phone like contacts, messages, calendar entries etc.

Please note that if you have set a memory card password & you have forgotten its code then take a backup of the card data also as the card will be locked after update and can only be unlocked if you enter the correct code or by ways mentioned in this thread.

Also note that while updating the device ensure the following things-

1. The device is full charged.
  2. The internet connection Is of good speed & has a backup in case of power loss.
  3. The PC should also be connected to back up power source as if the process is interrupted the phone may go dead. More on update failure & its remedies here.
  4. Please do not run any resource intensive programs in the background while updating as it may freeze the PC which in turn will lead to a dead device.
  5. Ignore all the windows pop-up notifications about device being disconnected.

DO NOT DISCONNECT THE PHONE UNTIL UPDATE IS COMPLETED.

1. It will be better if you disable security keyguard & PIN code request before proceeding with Update/Reinstallation.
  2. Sometimes the device may show Test Mode. Do not panic & DO NOT remove the cable. Let the process complete.

Also check out this video on YouTube with instructions for update.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
markline09

what is the latest version of  x2-01..?

does x2-01 is only v 08.70.?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

markline09 wrote:

what is the latest version of  x2-01..?

does x2-01 is only v 08.70.?

Yes..as per official Nokia site, thats the latest one ...

Please use plain text.
Slyko

Until now,is there any new software for x2-01?? Can install another OS in x2-01??
Please use plain text.
Employee
armagon

Hey,

I can confirm that 8.70 is indeed the latest available SW update for the device. There are no further SW releases planned for it at the moment (this is already around 2 years old device). 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get Nokia X Software Platform 1.2 update (for X/X+/XL):
http://www.nokia.com/global/nokia-x-updates

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Nokia_firmware_change_logs
https://twitter.com/NokiaSWUpdates
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Slyko wrote:
Until now,is there any new software for x2-01?? Can install another OS in x2-01??

NO ..You can't do that ..

Please use plain text.
Slyko

Thanks....is nokia rootable???
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zonky

Can i update my x2-01 via the device over the air???
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

zonky wrote:
Can i update my x2-01 via the device over the air???

Answered HERE

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wittVikki

My phone's firmware version is 8.63. But still when I goto SW update, It says no new update available. What to do?
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Hi wittVikki,

Welcome to Nokia Forum!

The latest software version posted is for all X2-01 handsets. And each handset, there are sets of product codes which is one of the determining factors for the availability of the update aside from the region and the operator the handset is tied up with. Software updates are being released in batches. There is no specific date as to when these updates will be available. If the update is not yet available, the best action is still to wait for it. 

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Eradicator

Hey, uhh I already tried those things... Software Updates, but the Software is still 8.63, is it limited by Region?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Eradicator wrote:
Hey, uhh I already tried those things... Software Updates, but the Software is still 8.63, is it limited by Region?

Yes it is .. Also the Product Code. ..and further, if the device is locked to any Network, update is possible only after an approval from the Operator ...

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Please use plain text.