Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia asha 305 software update

Counsellor
mudasir38

Nokia asha 305 software update

When will be the new software updated for nokia asha 305?
we need it plz do s0mething to rectify the bunch of problems in nokia 305 so we can have a self belief on nokia like bef0re.
thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vinnus

Re: Nokia asha 305 software update

Plz plz plz update the software of asha 305
VK
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ChAzEr

good news to every body who are awaiting for a update of nokia asha 305 finally nokia released a update v05.92 dated 26-10-2012. However at present the handset can only be updated with gprs from mobile using settings>phone>device updates>downl.phone sw. the update will be available soon in pc suit so i suggest you to wait for a week or 2 weeks to avail in pc suite.it is recommended to backup first if you r updating using phone. i updated my mobile on 28/11/2012 and feeled teh following improvements made after update.

1.you tube online streaming fixed(now you can watch youtube videos directly without downloading)

2.red theme for mobile as shown in advertisement

3.improved battery backup

but still there are some error which can be corrected by nokia

1.no copy paste option in message(copy paste option is  very common in nokia phones but not available in this mobile) 

2.network selection error in sim 2 when sim 1 is selected to manual(not often but sometimes rarely)

3.add facebook to social so that we can upload photos to web

4.memory problem(memory low problem is not that panic when compared to c2-03 but stil a problem is always a problem)

these are the problems in my view if any suggestions please help nokia to solve our problems by releasing a new update post ur feeling freely and solve your problems through updates

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Abhi555

after updating the software whats app is compdible with asha 305 and  is internet is working properly in asha 305

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Abhi555

i want ask another quesion that after updating software it is remain s40 or it is update to s60.it is for aha 305

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Software updates are only meant to bring improvements and bug fixes. Asha devices only run on s40 and it will remain s40 after the update.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Abhi555

after updating the software whats app is compdible with asha 305 and  is internet is working properly in asha 305

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

No whatsapp is not compatible with any of dual SIM asha phones. So don't expect any software update to solve this.
There can be some improvements in internet browsing. Nokia browser shows to be updated. Other than that, the updates cover bugs and improves the functionality rather than bringing something new.
Please use plain text.
aleisha11

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
srikar9

i updating my asha305 it require some memory.so, i deleted what can i deleted and it also ask's some memory but i can't delete other apps and documents(because it's inbuilt that are notifications app,facebook,twitter,orkut,social) what can i do for this problem.pz ..plz tell me.
Please use plain text.
Employee
armagon

[ Edited ]

srikar9:

the FOTA update packages for the latest Asha 305 update were quite big (around 5 MB) and it takes some additional space on top of that to get the package installed to the phone. If there is a memory card inserted to the phone, the update package should get downloaded to memory If not, then phone memory is used for the whole process. Asha 305 does not have a lot of free phone memory even in fully clean state (~10 MB), so this can be a problem.

ways to work around this memory limitation:

* use a memory card in the phone - then the FOTA update package should get downloaded there instead of phone memory. If needed, you can also transfer pics, videos, user installed apps to the memory card to free up space. 

* alternatively you can update the device with Nokia Suite on your PC. With that update method there's no similar memory limitation, so having a memory card is not necessary. 

* If the above options do not work, as a "last resort" you could take the phone to a Nokia Care service for update/reflashing. 

for further details you can take a look at this refined software update instruction page I posted a couple of days back: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Software_update_instructions_for_Nokia_Asha_(%26_Serie...

:smileyhappy:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/nokia-x-updates/
http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/nokia-x2-update/
http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/asha-software-update/
http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Nokia_firmware_change_logs
https://twitter.com/LumiaSWUpdates
Please use plain text.
mikarana

[ Edited ]

hay i have nokia asha 305. my phone has the software version V 05.92 installed with nokia pc suite. but Latest software release for Nokia Asha 305 is 7.35 nokia pc suite does not update my phone i downlaod  V7.35 via FOTA but  even in fully clean state my phone has 2.7MB free space. i am using a 4GB memory card with 1GB free space and 18 application in memory card and a lot music 

its need 2.9MB free space for install this update 

what can i do in my phone memory i have only 2 themes by nokia and a"tips and offers" app

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rahulmahajan

plz nokia asha 305 software update
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ItsankitS

Hey i tried updating SW through OTA
a error message flashes on my screen

"updating cancelled by server"
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
thiyagu90

Latest software release for Nokia Asha 305 is 7.42
The availability of this update may depend on your network service provider. To check for updates, on your phone, tap Menu > Settings > Phone > Device updates.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
padmaja

my nokia asha 305 software version is 5.92 and i wanted to update my nokia asha 305 software but problem is that, because of system files the phone memory is full....i had deleted all my data which was on the phone but i couldnt download the latest update...so plz give me the solution....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
RazeRaann

Go to settings and restore all . After reset you will able to download new software. But problem is new v7.42 is not good. 3gp video also is not playing after update.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Imtiajem

Hi guys after updating the new version my memory got almost full so i hav deleted the whatsapp icon.. Later i tried to download it again but it says delete the folder.. What wil i do??
pls help
Please use plain text.
Sage
Satishp679

Please use plain text.