Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia belle Australia

Counsellor
anf87

Nokia belle Australia

Hi skyee or any other Nokia employee can you please tell me when Nokia belle will be released for: Nokia green N8 059D402 Nokia blue N8 059D403 Any feedback would be much appreciated thanks in advance and keep up the good work.
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi! The official statement from Nokia on the availability for Nokia Belle in Australia is the following:

“We don’t have anything to share at this moment in time on the availability of Nokia Belle in Australia.  We’ll provide more information as soon as it comes available”.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

dude there is a full australian post page on here already.
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

so as far as i got with nokia is that it will be released, just not in the worldwide release, there are still minor issues that exist withn the programing. they also mad not to tell me there have been many complaints sent to head office to push the update out faster, since NOKA car mode and and the new office will not work without this update. it is coming guys, lets just hope it doesnt take as long as last itme. NOKIA is to blame this time as it was last time. i have personaly spoken to the mjr providers and they are just waiting to recive it from NOKIA

heres an email i just recived

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for contacting the Nokia Careline.

We understand that you would like to enquire when will Nokia Belle be available.

We are currently in discussions with operators on this but do not have anything to share at this moment in time on the availability of Belle in Australia. We will provide more information as soon it comes available.

Please feel free to write back to us if you need further assistance with this case. You may also contact one of our friendly Technical Support Executives at 1-300 366 733 from 8am to 8pm, AEST, seven days a week. For online assistance, please visit 'ASK Nokia' at our website www.nokia.com.au/asknokia

Regards,

Drei R.
Email Support Executive
Nokia Careline
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anf87

@andrewaussie I wasn't aware that there was a page for Australia thanks for the letting me know I appreciate it. And yeah this bs that Australia gets the shaft again over another update.
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

it seems to have slipped back a couple of pages, due to high number of posts and new threads that have been openned. Aw well at least the news is a little bit brighter tonight than it was last night. At least we have some hope of getting belle now.

Even Vodaphone have posted on their website that they are in discussion with Nokia over the upgrade.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anf87

@jraduga thanks for your info I was not aware vodafone was in talks with Nokia hopefully they release it.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bjorn77

Hi yvonne,

Thanks for the update - must be frustrating not being able to let us know any more when the discussions are getting so heated.

Björn

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

telstra are aware of the update and are also pushing nokia to release it
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

Please use plain text.
Sage
ex_king_john

skyee wrote:

Hi! The official statement from Nokia on the availability for Nokia Belle in Australia is the following:

“We don’t have anything to share at this moment in time on the availability of Nokia Belle in Australia.  We’ll provide more information as soon as it comes available”.

BR,

yvonne

yvonne, it's a pity you can't tailor your sig box for different threads

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
a340500

[ Edited ]

I've always been an avid Nokia fan since your 3110 model and have had no phones other than Nokia phones and until now, have had no issues.

This is absolutely unacceptable! I, like many other's in Oz, have been waiting anxiously for the Nokia Belle update only to feel shafted now as it will NOT be available in Australia. This is pathetic Nokia, I've spent months waiting for this update. I've put up with the constant delays and the neverending **bleep** that came with it and I've STILL kept open waiting for it. I didn't think it could much worse after waiting for 3 and a half months for a late Anna update, but then I find out it has gotten worse, I'd rather it be late than be treated in this manner - cold shoulder with vague statement of more uncertainty.

Why can't you be direct? You do realise you going to lose many loyal fans if you carry on with this approach.

This, Nokia, is pathetic and unacceptable.

What a COPOUT!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
a340500

Jraduga - "
Even Vodaphone have posted on their website that they are in discussion with Nokia over the upgrade"
Can you please paste the link on this and any further updates for Vodafone AU and N8 Belle?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
naustuser

Nokia is not interested in supporting their products in Australia, so why support them.  Belle has been released in all their other markets except Australia, then Nokia doesnt even have the decency to provide a logical reason.

Ill join the thousands of other ex Nokia phone users.  Goodbye Nokia

Please use plain text.
roseen

Hi everyone, I writing from a more fortunate corner of the world, next door neighbor with Nokia(Sweden). I updated my phone to with Belle the minute it was released. BUT, to be honest, it just doesn't deliver. I expected so much more, particularly fluidity of the system. Everything is lagging, jerking and it just lacks the smoothness I was so much hoping for. Even recording videos is a dissapointment, tried it the other day and it keeps stopping while recording with subsequent gaps in the video. The image freezes and it is still there when played back. I like the look, the drop down meny and the improved battery life. I just have a hunch that the 256 Mb RAM just doesn't cut it, and no software update can fix this. My daughter has a N8 too, and it's acting the same way. Another odd thing that happens after installation of apps, when I try and run a application, the app just touched turn in to the app next to it. I will then have 2 apps of wich 1 is cloned, doing exactly what the "other one" is doing. This requires a restart to remedy the situation. I have always folloed the notion that the latest software updates should be installed, but I will probably go back to Anna.

Please use plain text.