Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia n97 update failure!

bik_maleni

Nokia n97 update failure!

Last night i was tying to update my nokia n97. I created backup file, formated the phone, and started the installation. During the installation, my phone disconnected and connected few times by itself . Now, I can't turn it on, or even connect it via USB, because it is disconnecting all the time. Anyone knows how to fix this prob?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: Nokia n97 update failure!

Try a hard reset, since you do have your backup anyway. Just search the forums, I cant remember exactly what the buttons where for the n97.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
bik_maleni

It just vibrates, and nothing again. Do u know if there is any other soolution, or I have to go to Care Center?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

You already did the reset? When it vibrates do you let go of the three buttons? I think it was shift space and backspace? You press them, and keep on pressing them while powering up? You dont ever let go until you see the country selection screen?

If that does not work, I guess you really have to take it.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
bik_maleni

I was holding those buttons for about 30 sec, and there was nothing but vibration, not any other signs of "life". I guess I'll have to take it to the center. Anyways, thanks a lot for these tips, at least you tried to help. Thank you once more :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.