Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia social 1.5.215 has serious bug!

Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Nokia social 1.5.215 has serious bug!

I posed this query to Nokia employee skyee and Svi on this forum. Is anyone else facing the same thing? Here is what I asked them- Please refer to this thread. discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/ Phone-Applications/quot-Your-access- to-the-service-has-expired-quot/m- p/1326217. Even I am facing the same issue. When you launch social, you get all activity page. If you try to select any one of your accounts, it says "your service has expired. To update service countact your operator". What does that mean? I tried using the separate Facebook app installed by this social 1.5.215. It in fact should give me my Facebook account while it leads me to the same all activity page. So is the case with twitter app. I installed the older 1.3.237 which is working just fine.Thinking that the problem will be solved, I installed the 1.5 version again from software update client on my phone. But it was same again. Either the update available on Nokia servers has developed some glitch or the update itself has this bug. Does Nokia ever check the updates before releasing them to unsuspecting users? The similar thing had happened with Nokia maps 3.08 and with social this has now happened twice. Can we expect a fix soon or will we be left like that?
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Has anyone else observed this? If you regularly use the social app you should find this problem. I have now installed the older version 1.3.237. And waiting for the reply from the Nokia employees.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

[ Edited ]

I regularly use the 1.5.215 ver social app but have not seen this or any other problem.

E7 Belle.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Even I had been using this since I installed it shortly after belle. I realised this issue only yesterday. To give an idea this is what happens-
1. When you launch social you are taken to all activity page where you get all your Facebook and twitter feeds in one place.
2. Now if you want to use Facebook only so as to check notifications etc. what you do is to select options and tap your Facebook account. This is when you get the message that "your subscription to the service has expired. To update service contact your operator". I can in anyway access all activity page.
3. Okay, I try to open Facebook thru the separate Facebook app that is installed by social 1.5.215. This again opens all activity page instead of Facebook. Same is the case with twitter app.
So I Cant say social is not working at all. It is working, but has bugs at least some of us because there are three posts in this forum including mine regarding this issue.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

@doctor9fan, did you check for what I have described above? I never said that the app does not work. My problem is it does not work as it should.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

This is the response that I received as of now. Waiting for further updates.

From: skyee Sent: 1:14 PM Hi! Just checking the thread in a second, but
one question first: Have you set the date
& time of your phone correctly? We
normally see those error messages if
those settings are not correct.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

One more update there- I Cant upload
images from gallery using share online
button. I get either "image not
supported" or "feature not supported"
message. Seems like the same problem
as has been the case with version 1.5.214. But I am using version 1.5.215
which is the latest one. By the way, I am
now using the older 1.3.237 and the
share online feature works just fine.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

[ Edited ]

Hi timkamat, Yes I have followed exactly what you wrote & I have no problems, FB & twitter open normally from the all activity page.

If you add the fb summary widget to the homescreen that should take you to FB, do you still get the message then?

Btw no problems uploading photos either. I would've thought that you'd get an image not supported error message if the file type wasn't suitable for use on fb, say .tif.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Oh my God! I went thru hell because of this social. Unable to solve the problem by any means I did a 3 finger reset. In fact I had done this before when my phone was on Anna. I lost maps, store and a few apps.but all these could be got back via software update menu where I could all the updates. I thought same would happen with belle, but that was not to be. There was no way getting them back. I lost a whole lot of apps. I had to go all the way to Nokia care centre travelling 30km! I got the firmware reinstalled and all was well. And thank God again, I am still under warranty.
Please use plain text.
sharaf501

social 1.5 doesnt work. It shows unable to start even after rebooting the phone. I use nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rvandi

same ehre unable to start on nokia n8 belle

Please use plain text.
texturejunkie

Had this problem recently.

Solution was to allow "social installer" app to run at start up. Cheers
Please use plain text.
shankarguru

how to do that:crying:

Please use plain text.