Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia update PR1.1 - Nokia N8

ffaarrooqq

Never Believe What Nokia says......

They promises a lot and gives nothing....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
uccfar

Just downloaded and installed the update PR 1.1 on my N8

Nokia rocks

Thank you nokia for giving editing option in Quick Office !!!

Keep up the good work

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Where did you get the N8 update? I thought it was not released yet?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dipset

™ IN CANADA JUS UPDATED MA NOKIA N8 , THE CHANGES I NOTICED ARE THE LANDSCAPE DAILER ND THE ANIMATION SCREEN SAVER OPTION HAS BEEN TAKEN OFF . THE PHONE STILL FEELS SLOW ALSO MY APP FOLDER HANGS NOW EVERYTIME I OPEN IT ...... I OWNED THE **bleep** N97 ,ND IT WAS A PIECE OF ISHT , I ACTUALLY GAVE IT TO MA 4YR OLD NEPHEW TO USE AS A TO CAMERA LOL , DAT WAS A PAINFULL EXPIREANCE SPECAILLY AFTER USING THE ANDROID PHONES , I WENT BCK TO NOKIA WHEN THEY LAUNCHED THE N8 ND PROMISED IT WOULD HAVE REGULAR UPDATES , BUT THAT TURNED OUT TO BE JUS LIKE EVERY OTHER NOKIA PROMISE , IM RENEWING MA CONTRACT IN 2MNTHS ND IN FINILLY DUTCHING NOKIA FOR GUD ..........

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

dipset wrote:

™ IN CANADA JUS UPDATED MA NOKIA N8 , THE CHANGES I NOTICED ARE THE LANDSCAPE DAILER ND THE ANIMATION SCREEN SAVER OPTION HAS BEEN TAKEN OFF . THE PHONE STILL FEELS SLOW ALSO MY APP FOLDER HANGS NOW EVERYTIME I OPEN IT ...... I OWNED THE **bleep** N97 ,ND IT WAS A PIECE OF ISHT , I ACTUALLY GAVE IT TO MA 4YR OLD NEPHEW TO USE AS A TO CAMERA LOL , DAT WAS A PAINFULL EXPIREANCE SPECAILLY AFTER USING THE ANDROID PHONES , I WENT BCK TO NOKIA WHEN THEY LAUNCHED THE N8 ND PROMISED IT WOULD HAVE REGULAR UPDATES , BUT THAT TURNED OUT TO BE JUS LIKE EVERY OTHER NOKIA PROMISE , IM RENEWING MA CONTRACT IN 2MNTHS ND IN FINILLY DUTCHING NOKIA FOR GUD ..........

Did your 4 year old nephew help you to write that post? :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Sage

Still nothing for prodsuct Code 059C8T6 (NAM Dk. Grey Variant)  Oh well.  Perhaps tomorrow?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tonymohd

yeah same here ... Us version no update yet ?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Arunabh

Have downloaded the new firmware but hardly can feel any difference apart from colour screensaver. And why dont Nokia give a basic Search song option in Music Player.

Please use plain text.
Sage
ex_king_john

[ Edited ]

psychomania wrote:

dipset wrote:

Did your 4 year old nephew help you to write that post? :smileywink:

mate didn't you notice the TM at the start.  that's trademark. even better than coyright.  no one else is allowed to write that style.  must have taken him years of trial and error to get the balance of sense and senseless just right like that

and dipset, as for nokia broken promises, i don't get it.  most people have had their phone since late Oct last year, maybe early Nov. 

Three Months at most. So the first major update happens after three months.  "regular" means the second will be in about three months.  how can they break a promise to send updates every three months if they have only sent one update.   You seem to have taken 'regular' to mean 'when I think i'd like'

In any case how many major firmware releases do you want. Seriously the phone wasn't that bad on release for the vast majority of users.  And there have been a few App upgrade releases and bits and pieces since then as well. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Krzysiek333

Hallo,

Anyone from Poland get the update ?

My product code is 059D354 and still it is not available for me?

What time Nokia need to give us update for all the product codes?

Best Regards

Please use plain text.

pmsl and well said :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
crocodil

I was wondering if any UK owner managed to get the update. Still not available for my N8.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
grimreaper

crocodil wrote:

I was wondering if any UK owner managed to get the update. Still not available for my N8.

Not yet unfortunately. generally as a rule the country variants take a few extra days as the update is tweaked slightly for the various language packs etc for each country. Then if your unfortunate enough to have an operator variant you can expect to wait a bit longer again.

Through previous experience with many handsets (n97, n97mini, n96, n95 8gb, n95) i've generally found that the country variants take no more than around 3 weeks from the initial release (the most time i've ever waited & that was with the n97 white)

I'd rather die on my feet, Than keep living on my knee's!
Please use plain text.
Sage

Still nothing for prodsuct Code 059C8T6 (NAM Dk. Grey Variant)  Oh well. No idea why it's taking so long.  This is an unlocked NAM model.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
crocodil

What are the actual variants out there? I guess all of them must be country specific. UK version should be as good as any English language packed variant. This is really ridiculous how the roll-out is managed :smileyhappy:. When it's published it should be available to end users.

Please use plain text.
Joho

What I really want is a separate folder for ALBUMS and ARTISTS in the music player.  I can't listen to all the songs by one artist without manually selecting different albums.  Maybe with pr2.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
uccfar

hello dear

which color screen saver are you talking about ,,,pls clarify

Please use plain text.
Contributor
crocodil

I received the update in the UK eventually. The issue I have after the update is that I can't register to any SIP providet any more. When I click on the sign-in notting happens. Anybody noticed this issue? Any solution Nokia guys?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yubsha

I already update my c6-01. Slow performance on touch screen sensor. have to push harder. How to revert back to older version?? any one can help without send it back to nokia service center.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
a_petrov303

crocodil, no update for me yet :smileysad: (tesco mobile N8)
Please use plain text.