Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia videos: What are Software Updates & How ...

Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Nokia videos: What are Software Updates & How to do them?

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

we've been busy in Nokia Care and have been preparing some videos to explain you what the whole software update concept is all about and how you can update your phone over the air or via PC - and how you can use WiFi to save data download costs.

Introduction to Nokia Software Updates (video 1/5) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zwfeCq5ddI

Nokia firmware update over the air (video 2/5) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sXtfv5kk5g

Nokia applications update over the air (video 3/5) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP7oMuVvsa8

Software Update with Nokia Ovi Suite (video 4/5) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADIj1U2m9z4

Setting up Wi-Fi for free data downloads (video 5/5) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFMTv0uSGdc

pS: Those videos cover the whole Nokia portfolio (smartphones & mobile phones) and have been done to support our whole customer base when it comes to "how to do an update". So to be clear: This is not an announcement about Symbian Anna (even if the videos feature some content that will be familiar from previous press releases).

BR,

yvonne

edited by vandelay: the videos are now embedded in the post.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
TheDDe9

Re: Nokia videos: What are Software Updates & How to do them?

Cute videos but I really don't see the point since we never get the updates.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

It's a bit dangerous to post something like this here since its a forum for users who are mostly experiencing issues and hence waiting for updates. As people are waiting for needed updates I think this is just something that puts fuel to the "angry fire" unless Nokia are planning to release Anna for all devices very soon! Are they? :smileywink:
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

one doubt
ota update on phone itself or installing new update via ovi suite both same?
'In God we trust; all others bring data!"
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

please don't forget that our portfolio also consists of other products than only Symbian3. Yes, the key focus is on Symbian Anna at the moment, but there are a lot of users out there that just got an update and might need support (for example: 2710 09.69 just got released, C3-00 08.63, X3-02 06.00, C3-01 06.00, C2-01 11.00, etc.).

And I'm here to support them as much as all of you who are waiting for the Anna update. :smileyhappy:

@donofworld: The outcome of an update via OTA & via Nokia OviSuite is the same. OTA only gives you the differential package (ie. you update only those things that have changed) whereas the PC update puts the complete image on your phone. Therefore you will also see different file sizes (PC update being a lot bigger in size then the OTA update).

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jarnodewit

Thanks for the info!

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I am pleased to hear that Nokia is also remembering about updating other products as well as Symbian 3.

I hope that the many very disappointed N97 buyers have not been forgotten either! 

We would love to follow your lovely videos ... but we don't have any updates and haven't for far too long given that the N97 still does not perform as it was marketed to!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Tmannnia

Skyee that's understandable but do then specify that it is meant to help a particular segment in the original post, because fender77 has a valid point to say that it is misleading for those using N8's etc.

Moreover the videos are of N8's with what looks like Anna.

Please use plain text.
johnty22

not happy after update need help

ive just updated my c3-01 hoping to get some better software and lost lots of texts and all my phone contacts , ones on the sim are still there ? i did back up before hand , and have tried to reinstall my contacts again afterwards , but no joy , im gutted . the phone i was told was an upgrade from my 6303 , which was much better i cna t get maps on my c3 , the screen doesnt scroll both waysup and down like i think it should , i cant exit dfaft text easily with out  pressing the hang up call button and that takes me right out of the folder. it crashes why i delete a missed call from the call list . all ive got from the upgrade is an arrow to unlock it  lol

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: not happy after update need help

This will be great when we see anna for it
well great for some as the updates released on a lottery basis will mean many will be left trailing behind even longer.simply not on in todays world.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Osese

I updated my nokia c1-01,later i found out i can,t have access to open my chat and some of things inside.i want the own thing back,is anybody have the solution?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jesusislord

how do you update you n97? ive got a n97 mini at its software version is v12.0.110 and i checked on the website the latest is v20.0.110 but wen l try to update it says no new software available?? can you help me plz??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

updates vary by region and product code and operator branding you will just have to wait or contact your provider for info

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jesusislord

im in th UK
Please use plain text.
brockshankar

I have this problem after symbian Anna Update..

When i tried solution 1 : it replies me .sisx files not supported

when i tried solution 2: no tmp files found.

Is there any other way? im wondering why it says file not supported.

• FA136074: Why is Ovi Store not working after the Symbian Anna update?

This problem is linked to incompatibel QT components. Please do the following:

SolutionA:

-          Install the following QT files on the C: drive of your phone in exactly this sequence

* http://dl.nokia.com/ns/sdo/QtSA4.7.301.sisx

*http://dl.nokia.com/ns/sdo/QtWebkitSA4.8.0.sisx

*http://dl.nokia.com/ns/sdo/QtMobilitySA1.1.301.sis

-          While you install above QT files you MUST keep the following things in mind:

*Installation must be done to C: drive of the phone. If you by mistake select E: drive, you can cancel the installation and re-install again. If E: drive installation is complete, you can re-install one more time and select C: drive for installation.

*Installation order must be met. First it has to be QT (QtSA4.7.301.sisx).

-          Start Ovi Store

B) Solution2:

- Launch the File manager on your phone (Typically found: Menu -> Applications -> Office -> File mgr.)

- Choose Options -> Find -> E: Mass memory -> Root folder

- In the “Find text:” window, type “*.sisx” (without double quote) and the select find.

- It will display many sisx files starting with “TMP”. Example: TMP3efa4.sisx.

- Now select Options -> Mark multiple items  and now mark all sisx starting with “TMP”.

- After marking them select Options -> Delete and delete all of them.

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

I'm currently checking the "filetype not supported error" with our technical experts and will come back once I have an answer.

Please use plain text.
Ndubuisie

Pls also check for 5130c-2. My phone crashed and I wish to mostly reinstall version 6 and not the current 7.95 for it makes my music player to skip music by 5secs and there is no option for screen saver. Thank you Skyee
Please use plain text.
Advisor
evgrace26

My product no is 0599398, just downloaded Belle. It work fine. But I dont c 6 home screens , I see only 4... What am i missing ???
Please use plain text.
aravind0202

hi,
i'm using nokia n701. For the next software update i suggest to have an editable dropdown menubar. Add a second line in addition to default 'mobile data, wi-fi, bluetooth, silent ' shortcuts that can be editted, added or removed as done in home screen. Hope you will consider my suggestion.

I'm happy to use belle, its really good. Thanx nokia...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
daddoscorpion84

Nokia E7-00 Wind will be available as upgrade Symbian Belle?

Please use plain text.