Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

OS update for Nokia C6-00

Advisor
Kunal_Swami
Accepted Solution

OS update for Nokia C6-00

Is Nokia planning to release an OS update for C6-00, so that it atleast comes closer to symbian^3? Does Nokia really takes the feedbacks seriously? Please do this... everyone who has C6-00 wants an udate to it's OS!!!!!

C6-01 has symbian^3, and it supports HD and 3D gaming; why not Nokia C6-00 then?????

Please Nokia, do something!!!!!

KUNAL SWAMI
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: OS update for Nokia C6-00

THE NOKIA c6-00 is S60 v5
THE NOKIA c6-01 is S^3
this is why the C6 wont have the C6-01 features nor will it
check with nokia software updater for updates for your phone

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage
h3csc

we still hope to see one though
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

im sure we will

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Kunal_Swami

I also know abt the OS's of these two handsets Jimmy. I think I have clealry mentioned in my post, "why doesn't Nokia releases an OS update for C6-00? Why there is so much diff bt C6-00 and C6-01? Shouldn't Nokia have released C6-00 with symbian^3 instead of releasing another similar handset differing just by the figure '01'? Bec of the OS diff, 3D acceleration is not supported by C6-00! It is really disheartnening for me and all those who have spent money on C6-00! What was the need to do this? Really, it was not expected and it should not be done. It is like, Nokia has released N8 on sunday with all amazing features and suddenly it announces the release of N8-01 having some other mighty OS making N8-01 more powerful than N8! What the customers having N8 would feel like?????"

My only request to Nokia is that, "kindly release an OS update for C6-00, whether it is symbian^3 or not, but atleast enhance and include some new features in C6-00! Please Nokia, its a request of a 'consistent, noble and regular Nokia user!!!!!"  

KUNAL SWAMI
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

S3 reuires hardware accelerationwhich the C6-00 cannot provide

C6-00 chip and memory are also not up to running S3,

Trying to get a C6 running S3 would be like me digging out my old 388 and expecting it to run windows 7

C6-00 is esentialy running an OS at the end of it's lifespan and whilst there may be further upgrades to improve performance and perhaps bring an S3 look and some features to the UI it's never going to come close to the performance of a 6-01

Please use plain text.
Sage
h3csc

Yes, anyone with a little bit of knowledge on mobile phone OS would no that there is no way C6-00 are capable of running Symbian^3.

However, I do hope that Nokia unify the Symbian^1 experience on recent phone pretty much like what they did on Symbian^3 phone. When there is update, all of the phone with the same OS will receive the same update. I would hope that all recent Nokia Symbian^1 phone such as the N97 brothers, 5230, 5530 and for sure the C6-00 would receive update that make it pretty much the same as the latest Nokia C5-03 which has a rather good single tap UI and pretty much everything polish.

That seems to be very plausible and it's all down to either Nokia would spend their resource on old user.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Kunal_Swami

That's what I am saying! I know it can't uphold symbian^3 OS, what I want to say is that. "Nokia should release an upgrade which could atleast give it a symbian^3 look and some new features"

And it should be done, Nokia can't behave hastily with a lovely mobile like C6-00!!!!! Please Nokia do have a look at this! I also request the coordinators and contributors to have a look at this issue! Please!:smileysad:

Again I repeat and clarify: "I know C6-00 can't uphold symbian^3 OS bec of its hardware structure but what I want to say is that, Nokia should release an upgrade which could atleast give it a symbian^3 look and some new features"

KUNAL SWAMI
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

@ Kunal_Swami
you are just going to have to be patient like everybody else who waits for updates thats the way it is and will always be nokia cant jump ship just to suit you maybe you might be better of contacting nokia directly where you will get the same response
http://europe.nokia.com/support/contact-us

updates are released when ready updates vary by region and product code if your device is branded you may have to wait longer

so understand please be patient and WAIT

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
abhi1992

pleas nokia do somethimg now its too long............we cant play any 3d motion games..........feeling very bad.......:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

you will have to be patient like everybody else

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
anduril1991

we even dont have the threded message view in the current phone software.

improvements regarding this functionality in the next update would be much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

abhi1992 wrote:

pleas nokia do somethimg now its too long............we cant play any 3d motion games..........feeling very bad.......:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

You'll never be able to play 3D games on the 600

the graphics hardware isn't up to it

Please use plain text.
Flexmaen

How that? I even can play 3D Games on my E71.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Khalid_C6_00

Nokia has released an update for c6-00 in the US market and this is unfortunately not available to european or asian costomers.

so, tell me how to get the upgrade on my indian c6-00 from the american site .... i dont want to wait  forever to get an upgrade of my phone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

You cant you have to wait

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mukuldhiman7

Man i'm actually gonna mad!!! Nokia please help!!! Dis fone has becm such a hit n yet u don't giv us symbian^3!! Nw even symbian 3 is being updated to anna!!! Please do smthin!!! Hey nokia ppl also please rectify d landscape prob in c6!!! Its very hard wen all d icons icons are only on 1 side of screen!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Kunal_Swami

From where you got to know? What's the update version and new features?
KUNAL SWAMI
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
deveshdesai

iam also despirately waiting 4 new update please nokia we want more out of it bit faster performance screen savers and gud UI....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Keerthi_sk

yes i am also very herting about this friends because i am also having c6-00. at the end of this action from nokia i changed my phone from nokia to samsung but i mind says dont leave nokia what we can do friends.my humble request is that plz update software for nokia c6-00 plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 

Please use plain text.