Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Odd problem with 5800 screen (half fuzzy and white...

Contributor

Odd problem with 5800 screen (half fuzzy and white diagonal lines on the top)

A mate of mine is getting this problem after updating to the latest firmware... its not recognising on usb so trying again wont work, the hard reset (RED+GREEN+CAMERA) doesnt work and i was wandering if there was any way that there is to fix this as it is the 3rd time that this phone has gone wrong... i have the 5530 and have had to replace it twice, the 5800 anbd the 5530 need some sorting out and re releasing as they just dont seem to work, i know loads of people who have had to replace them... sorry off topic, yeah does any body know what caused this or how to fix it? any info would be greatfull

Thankss

Chris phone problem

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Odd problem with 5800 screen (half fuzzy and white diagonal lines on the top)

Also just to add... the touch screen doesnt work either

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fer737ng

Re: Odd problem with 5800 screen (half fuzzy and white diagonal lines on the top)

I have the same problem and I can't solve it.

It started when I changed the LCD because the original was broken.

I bought the replace spare on ebay

Please use plain text.
hardworkin

same here, just put screen in of ebay?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
juang

Same here but has anybody else tried with the TV out? In my case the TV out is also affected and it shows the top half of the display on the tv, (which is the same one that shows on the phone) and the image is of center and run of to the other side of the screen (again just like on the phone). If the problem is only the replacement LCD why is the TV out image showing the same image? Isn't the tv out before the lcd? Thanks. My 5800 is out of warranty and if there is some way to fix it other than buying another LCD I would like to know. (On Ebay most are replacement OEM which is just like the one it has right now and I find it hard to locate an original one either straight from manufacturer who is unknown to me or taken of another 5800).

Please use plain text.
polakor

Attention!

If your display is not original, (ebay or similar) DON´T UPGRADE YOUR PHONE, because latest nokia updates, detect by software if the screen is genuine or not, and result is TURNED SCREEN.

If you upgrade the screen goes crazy, and only can be fixed by downgrade older version, but it is very dangerous, cause you can kill your phone.

The proof is while the phone in Test mode or Local mode, the display looks perfect.

I've tried to swap between multiple original screens 5800, and only detects the fake screens with the V51, but fake screen works fine in older sw.

Beware ebay screens, and lastest updates of your Nokia! Up today there is no solution.

Fake display with updated sw

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Anyone who doesn't use genuine parts fitted by a qualified technician, ie. anyone who doesnt have a Nokia Care Point do the job, deserves what they get.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
popdown

i have the same problem. i replaced the screen then a couple of months later upgraded the software. why have nokia done this? 

what would happen if i bought a 5800 that was broken for some other reason and swapped its screen over to mine? it would mean i would have a genuine 100% original screen in my phone. would it work?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JamboJIPP

what would happen if i bought a 5800 that was broken for some other reason and swapped its screen over to mine? it would mean i would have a genuine 100% original screen in my phone. would it work?

Anyone been able to test whether this would work - replacing the screen again with a genuine original Nokia screen?

Please use plain text.
drbaig

I have this similar problem, i broke my phone screen when i had my bicycle accident last week. I still have a nokia 5800 imprint on my leg, brutal.

I have firmware v50 on the phone i think. Will downgrading solve this issue cos if it does then i might consider going to v40 rather than buying the new hd7. Or..?? does upgrading to the latest firmware solve this issue :smileyindifferent:

I dont want to try the connect cable after 15 sec method cos its temporary and have to do it again and again.

Please use plain text.
dazirl

downgrading is not safe same as connecting the screen after turning it on, you do it at risk of killin the phone 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

dazirl wrote:

downgrading is not safe same as connecting the screen after turning it on, you do it at risk of killin the phone 

How do you downgrade the Firmware..

AFAIK it is not possible at User end..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tonyblu

Hi

I have a similar problem:

My N5800 dropped recently and developed some horizontal line on the screen (the screen did not crack).
I changed the screen and instead I got a bottom half-snowy display & the upper section on showed "Lock code" and a wavy-line.
What should I do?

See pix:

- Tony

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
juang

grschinon wrote:
Anyone who doesn't use genuine parts fitted by a qualified technician, ie. anyone who doesnt have a Nokia Care Point do the job, deserves what they get.

Not when there is no Nokia Care Point in your country.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tonyblu

Hi
Get your LCD replaced.
There seem to be different variants/versions for then screen. Version 1.1 worked for me.
Cheers.
Please use plain text.
zahidebkaka

hi

I have a 5800XM & i updated it to 51.0.006.22.03 through 5800XM
After the update the phone's screen turned into a huge mess - the lower half of the screen is all white and the upper half has some weired flickering and the icons(the ones that are visible) are all messed up too and some of them are not responding at all.. i updated it using the nokia software updater 60.0.003 too. but the problem remains please help me

Please use plain text.