Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Official Nokia C7 PR1.1 Release Schedule

Sage
adg82439

Hi Skyee Thank you for the List. But as far as I unstand the word schedule it should say 14.002 for 059d2s3 15.04.2011 03.01 AM As long it says just 13.016 published is just the boring stat of FEBRUAR 26th
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Kanga, if 14.002 is on the list - that's PR1.2 and we're working on it.

@adg82439: PR1.2 is an optional release as mentioned and not every country/operator is taking it. If it's not in the release schedule, it means that Germany hasn't requested it.

pS: I'm off for business travel most of next weeks, so won't be able to check the forum a lot! Happy Easter to everybody if I'm not online before!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hooray!!!

Product Code 059D9Z9 just got its upgrade from PR 1.01 to PR 1.2 on OTA!

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

hope you had a great Easter.

I've just added the latest C7 release schedule & will have a look through your posts a bit later.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Sage
adg82439

Thank you Skyee, I will find a NCS
Please use plain text.
Advisor
zinzan

Hi Again Yvonne,

I still have no word from my operator about updates. You mention that 1.2 is an optional update, does this mean that 1.1 is one that is compulsory and the operators should be providing?

Regards,

H.

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi,

even PR1.1 was not a mandatory update - but as it was highly demanded by consumers most of the operators took it. PR1.2 was already at launch classified as an optional update as all the content will also be included in Symbian Anna, so most of the operators decided not to take it.

BR, yvonne

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zinzan

Thanks for the response Yvonne.

Given that 1.1 and 1.2 are both optional and my operator has not implemented them, will 2.0/Anna be compulsory? Or is it a case of my 2 month old phone being rendered obsolete?

Regards,

H.
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi,

as Symbian Anna has such a high consumer demand, we expect most of the operators to range it.

BR, yvonne

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

There are rumors that pr 2.0 will be released after release of either e6 or x7 whichever first

now normally on nokia.mobi site for india

whenever any new device comes in up coming devices link

approximately after 20 days that device actually enters in market

now since april 28th nokia e6 has been visible in up coming devices so i think around 20th may it will be available in indian market so i guess around june month pr 2.0 update will be available for  exisiting nokia c7/n8/c6-01/e7

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
damu777

Hi,

When will be Symbian Anna available ?

Regards

Please use plain text.
Advisor
momchilmg

damu777, this is The Question!

Please use plain text.
kj_geraghty

Hi,

I'm not quite sure if this is the correct place for this question, but I'm hoping that someone can help me.  I downloaded an update for my Nokia C7 on 29th April, since downloading this update, I have not had full internet access - I can access facebook through the shortcut that was on the phone when I got it, and can read my emails on the phone, but cannot access links within any emails and cannot browse the internet at all.....It just says connection failed. 

Have tried looking at the settings on the phone, but cannot see anything obvious that may have caused this.

Does anyone have any information about exactly what may have caused this or how to fix it?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
damu777

momchilmg - What's the wrong with my question ? I want to know when it will be available for C7 so I asked. It's our rights to know as we pay for the phone. You never replied for my previous questions and then now !!!!

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

as stated before we are working on SymbianAnna, but I can't give any timelines at the moment here. (And please also don't take ANY timelines that are coming from unofficial sources for granted! We will announce it publically once the update is available and as always I'll tell you immediately as well, but until then any communication you hear about launch timelines is NOT an official Nokia communication and can't be trusted.)

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Eagerly waiting for pr 2.0
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
damu777

Thank you skyee:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

here's the latest release schedule.

I'm on holidays next week and will therefore be offline for some time. But I'll check for new posts once I'm back.

BR, yvonne

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
veeyoes88

For Middle Ease & Africa why we have two different updates 13.016 & 14.002, and why 14.002 is not made available for all models.
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi!

PR1.2 (14.002) was an optional update that was released to fix a Mail for Exchange issue. This update was not taken by all countries and operators - and therefore is not available everywhere.

On another note, as we're mainly done with the C7 PR1.1/1.2 rollout I'll stop posting release schedules here & will be back for Symbian Anna.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.