Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Official Nokia C7 PR1.1 Release Schedule

Counsellor

hello my C7 product code is  059C8W1 ...its a brown french variant i suppose buy online

It's not in the list but update was avaliable since 3/feb/11

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KLoN3

Need PR 1.1 to my c7 059D9S1

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

here's the latest update release list. This is our first shot at automating it... :smileyhappy:

I now added some more details on the different status:

- published = available for download (as before)

- ready and will be published in 2 days = software is built and we only have to upload it onto our servers

- in creation = software is currently being worked on (as before)

- waiting for operator approval and similar  = those variants are next on the list but not worked on yet, as we are still waiting for example for operator approvals.

BR<

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KLoN3

[ Edited ]

059D9S0 is ready , what about 059D9S1

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

some comments:

- 059C7W1 (France countryvariant): I've just escalated this case to the local teams to understand why it's not available yet

- 059D9S1 (Estonian countryvariant): same case as for France, I've just escalated it to local teams

BR, yvonne

Please use plain text.
prodigylt

059F002 Lithuania was in creation, not in file now.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
seriorso

nothing yet for my C7 (059D497)

..."Ready & will be published in 2 days" is somewhat optimistic, written in 11/03/2011 today is 16/03/2011

Thanks anyway

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KLoN3

Nokia slowpokes

Please use plain text.
Advisor
momchilmg

14-Mar-2011  "FRANCE   059D5S6    Ready & will be published in 2 days"

Bla-bla-bla... Typical for NOKIA!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zinzan

Hi,

Just wondering what happened to 059F823? It was listed as 'in creation' but has now disappeared from list. This operator has been terrible at implementing firmware updates for Nokia, can you put pressure on them to do so?

Please use plain text.
prodigylt

PR 1.1 for 059F002 has lef the builid. Thanks (?! after one and half month) Nokia.

(was in creation, then was missing in file, means was published...)

Keep the faith !

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
schaeng10

I've used for 12 Years only Nokia cell phones. This update strategy i can not understand!!! And not to forget.... I bought my C7 in December, it was changed ! two ! times from Nokia and than joinig Microsoft which means to me: Symbian is dying.... 

There are no words for this!!!!!  Nokia is kidding his customers!

I bought an iPhone 4 ......  Bye bye Nokia!!!

Sry for my english, my german is better! ;-)

Please use plain text.
carlvernersson

schaeng10 - Elop previously worked for Microsoft, make your own conclusions based on this fact.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KLoN3

So when will be able PR 1.1 for Nokia 059D9S1?

Please use plain text.
oliyks11

product code 059D9S0 was in the last list with status 140311 "Ready & will be published in 2 days" .Today 19.03.11, but still nothing to download.

When can I finally download it?

Please use plain text.
Luis123

Hello,

first of all - thank you Yvonne for keeping us updated. I understand that it certainly is a difficult task to update so many product codes. Could you perhaps give some news on the update status of the Austrian operator-branded C7 phones? According to the last excel list (14th March)  the updates should be ready and rolled out two days later, but unfortunately they are still not available. Can I expect the update to be released during the next days?

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

I wanted to post the latest updates here today but didn't get any baseline to create the excels. I'm off for business travels for the rest of the week and have asked a colleague to please create the latest schedule and post it here.

As you might have seen we also released a bug fix for C7 (see /t5/Software-Updates/N8-00-C7-00-C6-01-PR1-2-E7-00-PR1-1/td-p/967947) - that is the reason why some variants dropped from the old lists (work was stopped on PR1.1 so that you get PR1.2 instead). Another reasons for variants changing status or dropping off the list is that there could have been a problem found during creation & testing, and we therefore needed to hand them back to our software team to get them fixed.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I don't understand what is go in on . I check on the support page for my product code 059C8W1 (Brown french variant sim free buy online) and now they say only PR1 only (12.00....) . Last week its say PR 1.1 (13.00...). Before my c7 i had a 5530 sim free that never be update In 2 year by official ways so i use a change code to actually update it (v11 to v32). I dont Want that happen again with PR 1.2 that is coming ad others in future.... If by any chance i CAN have explaination why my product code regress to PR 1 (059C8W1). And i buy it sim free, contract free from online shop (pixmania in france) like my old 5530 (backup phone now)
Please use plain text.
mario_m

I just got the OTA PR1.1 update for 059D9S1, thanks

Please use plain text.
aladdin82

059c8w0  not in the list

thank you

Please use plain text.