I have just updated my C7 Software via the ovi suite and it died after saying my sim was not inserted (which it was) What can I do to recover the device?
25-03-2011 2:51 - edited 25-03-2011 2:56
Updated to pr 1.2 this morning. Happy !
059C8W1 french Brown variant.But i had a bug at setup. I lost all my phonebook.. I restored it from ovi so no arm.. But scary ...
Still waiting for 1.1 or 1.2 with the unlocked and unbranded c7 with Russian product code 059D9Z9 as well. It was meant to be already completed and just had to be uploaded to the servers in one or two days but that was nearly two weeks ago.
Anyone know if there is a release schedule for PR1.2? I have a UK spec sim free (059D496) and wonder if this will be next week. I have had problems using Mfe with Gmail where it would not sync certain folders so am hoping this will now be fixed.
Why has not released firmware 013,016 on my C7 (059D7K9)? Promise that will flash illiterate with your hand, if it fails. Every day I go to the website of Nokia in anticipation of the new firmware, but it was not like, and probably will not. More than once appealed to the Nokia Care, but they are responsible every time: in the next two days, expect a new firmware. So what? 3 months already waiting, and the firmware is still 012,004. Please clarify the situation. Thank you in advance. P.S. Sorry for my English is not my language rdnoy.
I'm back to business as usual, and just going through your posts.
*Russian variants (059F000, 059D9Z9, 059D7K9): I'm just trying to find somebody with the local team in Moscow, who can help me on this one. It seems the update packages are created but something is still missing and they weren't allowed to be published. (ps. you will get PR1.2.)
*UK country variant (059D496): I still have to check with the UK team, but at the moment I can't see any PR1.2 for this variant.
*New release lists: I'll post those tomorrow - I just got the baseline and will work on them over night.
I just finished creating the latest release schedule overview.
Please note that I now included both PR1.1 (013.016) and PR1.2 (014.002) in the same list.
Just wondering again what has happened to 059F823 (Ireland)?
It was on your original lists but has been missing from the last two.
Sorry Yvonne but there is a strange thing..
before, list of 140311
- Vodafone Italy - 059D497 - 013.016 - Ready & will be published in 2 days
and now list of 290311
- Vodafone Italy - 059D497 - 013.016 - Waiting for operator approval or similar
from the version number I infer that Vodafone has not accepted the new patch 014.002 but why have to be approved again ?
just having a look at your posts.
*My productcode is not on the list for PR1.2 - will it have an update soon?: If your productcode is not on the list it has not been requested (yet) by either the country or the operator. As it's an optional release we will have quite a few countries and operators who will not do PR1.2. (And if you want the latest OviMaps you can also download it via OviStore.)
* ROI Ireland (059F823): I currently don't see any packages (neither on 1.1 nor on 1.2) being worked on in our database...It might be that the operator has withdrawn their proposal, I really don't know. But I'll check with the local team now.
* Estonia countryvariant (059D9S1): Same case as for Ireland...
* Vodafone Italy (059D497): I've spoken to the Italy team who has discussed with Vodafone and we got the approval now. So we're progressing with this one. (And it will be PR1.1 update.)
* UK CV (059D496): I can only see the status in our database right now - meaning, I'm not crosschecking what has changed on a variant over time. At the moment this one is in creation, that's all I can say. Sorry!
according to the latest excel spreadsheet from 290311, the status of the Austrian code 059D407 is described as "waiting for operator approval or similar", although it was "Ready & will be published in 2 days" in the list before (140311). Will PR1.1 be available soon?
Yvonne, thank you very much for your help.