Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Official Nokia C7 PR1.1 Release Schedule

Contributor
seriorso

hey, finally i got my PR1.1

Thanks thanks Yvonne

(Vodafone Italy - 059D497)

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

here's the latest release schedule (status: 01st April 2011).

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
binikat

Hi skyee
Can I just update my phone.(OTA)
By Nokia Software Updater can not afford it.
I can not do updates by computer.
Why?

Please use plain text.
BadDemon

059D7K9, status as at 30 March: Waiting for operator approval or similar, and April 1: In creation. Very strange. Such a feeling you fooling us.

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

I'm travelling today and tomorrow and will therefore post the updated release schedule on Wed.

@bikinikat: Tap Menu > Applications > Tools > Software Update on your device and follow the on screen prompts.

*Russia country variant (059D7K9): The reason for the changed status is the fact that the local team stopped the work on PR1.1 and created a request for PR1.2 instead. That's why it's "under creation" again.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Still waiting for 059D407 :-(

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Tikal879

Finally received my update for 059D407 (Drei Austria) today so it should not take much longer for you too.

Regards

Please use plain text.
tsepo

Thanks a lot.. Just got the update.. danke :-)

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

here's the latest release schedule for C7.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Advisor
momchilmg

[ Edited ]

Hi, Yvonne! :smileyhappy:

This is important!

SFR France(059D5S6) already requested PR1.2 for Nokia C7-00 or not?

Please look this: http://forum.sfr.fr/c141-mobile-questions-techniques/f146-les-telephones-portables/f14-nokia/t176449...

And please look this: http://forum.sfr.fr/c141-mobile-questions-techniques/f146-les-telephones-portables/f14-nokia/t176526...

Use http://translate.google.com for translation.

Thanks for reply!

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

For SFR France (059D5S6) I only have the PR1.1 in the system (and you can update to that). No request for PR1.2 visible yet, which matches what they said on their forum (ie. they won't range PR1.2).

Please use plain text.
Advisor
momchilmg

Thank you!

Yvonne,  why do not you create firmware? This is just a waste for you!

For example, I am very disappointed with the support of SFR for Nokia phones.
I have a Nokia phone, not SFR. Why I can not updated phone to PR1.2?
This is stupid!
Nice day! :smileyhappy:

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi skyee, can u please tell why PR1.2 hasn't been released via ovi suite/software updater here in india as yet for Nokia c7 product code- 059B7C0 . It is available via OTA but i want to know when it will be available via ovi suite.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
zinzan

Hi Yvonne,

Just wondering if you've found anything further out about 059F823 (Ireland)? 

The operator (3 Ireland) told me it was in testing last week, but then later said the information

was incorrect and did not elaborate.

Some apps are starting to look for the newer firmware now so this is becoming a huge issue.

Regards,

Hilton. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
iTube

Hi there,

according to your excel sheet the PR1.2 update should be available for my phone (C7 - 059d2b2). However, it's not. Neiter via OVI Suite nor OTA.

Any ideas why?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

attached is the latest release schedule.

*India, 059B7C0: It should be available on the servers as OviSuite update as well, as we release both the OTA and the PC files at the same time.

*Ireland, 059F823: We haven't had any request from ROI/Three Ireland for PR1.2 so far and I also don't see anything in creation for PR1.1 at the moment. For me it looks like they are not taking both versions.

*Germany countryvariant, 059D2B2: I see it as published - have you tried a reset by pressing the powerkey for 8 sec and then trying it again? (But I'm not technical expert.)

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I have just checked now and still pr1.2 isn't available via ovi suite here in india for product code- 059B7C0 . Neither the Nokia software updater shows it. Please check into this.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
zinzan

Thanks again Yvonne for checking the details on Ireland, 059F823.

The operator still hasn't got back to me, but I'd just like to reiterate how badly this reflects on Nokia. If the operator does not commit to releasing the firmware updates, I'll be looking for a non-nokia replacement phone off them as at least they are supported by the manufacturer and firmware updates are pushed through irrespective of operator interaction.

Nokia needs to adopt this model of releasing updates directly to consumers, irrespective of operators.

I've stood by Nokia through too many devices that have been abandoned by operators (N73, E65, E71, E75 and now C7) long enough now and am fed up with being left high and dry.

I had also been quite vocal in my support of Symbian^3 but will no longer be doing so, given my inability to access the updates/improvements in functionality.

Regards,

Hilton

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've got a Russian unbranded and unlocked mohogany brown C7 and we're still stuck on 1.01.

In the excel file my product code is listed twice (059D9Z9) once for the 13.016 update and once for the 14.002 update.

We we're told that the 13.016 update was cancelled because it wasn't ready in time before they released the 14.002 and so Nokia Russia would start all over again making the 14.002 for my phone. Now they have announced Symbian Anna.

So I would like to know what to expect -- will I get the 13.016, the 14.002 or will that also be cancelled and now I will have to wait until Anna is ready in a few more months' time?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Sage

I got tired of waiting for PR1.2 on my Nokia C7 with Hong Kong fimware. It still wasn't available as of last weekend.

I r**ted my phone with Nokia_C7-00_RM-675_EURO_014.002_V4.00.rar. Google it and you will find everything you need for free. Now I have PR1.2. Everything is working and I am very happy. I recommend this solution to everybody who still don't have PR1.2. 

Except of course that now I would really like to get the PR2.0 Anna...

Please use plain text.