Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Official Nokia N8 PR1.1/PR1.2 Software Release Sch...

Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Official Nokia N8 PR1.1/PR1.2 Software Release Schedule

[ Edited ]

The helpful guys at Nokia Care have created a handy PR1.1 Software Update release schedule for the Nokia N8. This list will be updated regularly with release timings for different countries and variants. So, if you’re not sure about the availability for your phone, just take a look at the list.

We are also working on the same kind of list for the Nokia C7, which will be posted in a separate thread.

Moderator note:

Subject changed to reflect addition of PR1.2into the data

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Re: Official Nokia N8 PR1.1/PR1.2 Software Release Schedule

[ Edited ]

The release schedule for N8 PR1.1 is attached as an Excel file.

To check the Software Update availability for your phone, please first search for your country and then have a look for your specific productcode. (Your productcode information can be found by typing *#0000# on your N8.)

Status "Published" means that the software update is available for download

• via your N8 (use Menu > Applications > SW Update > tick N8-00 Device Update and then follow the on screen prompts) or
  • via PC (connect your phone via USB and use OviSuite).

If you need more instructions just post here and we'll assist you.

Status "In creation" means your version is currently with our software teams. We can't give a specific day here, but you can switch on the automatic software update check in your phone (via Menu > Applications > SW Update > Options > Settings > Auto-check for updates) and your N8 will prompt you as soon as the new software is available. There may be unforeseen delays for some products if any issues should be discovered in pre-release testing.

Any questions, just ask us!

Yvonne

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Official Nokia N8 PR1.1 Software Release Schedule

Many thanks for posting this, hopefully thread will gain some "kudos" so that it will remain "on the front page" for a while and avoid I don't know how many new topics being started concerning this issue.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Congratulations to Nokia for letting customers know the release schedule for updates.  It is something that customers have long been asking for.

When can we expect such a schedule for the N97?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JavierSantoyo

mmm so what will happen if my N8 product code is not in that list?  I have 059C406

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Deanos

[ Edited ]

Thanks for this, but it would be nice to have an ETA on the actual availability...

I am in South Africa and I am dying to get the new update!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tornedo1

please excuse me my mobile nokia c7 and i buy in united arab emirates product code 05987W2 but i check software update he is talk sorry no software update available help me please wich day come sotware pr 1.1 v 13.16 which day come in united arab emirates because i waiting and check in 2 ways applocation update soft ware and check software update in device update but nothing i waiting in 1 week bedore but nothing which day come in united arab emirates software update pr 1.1 v 13.16 help me please which day come pr 1.1 nokia c7 v 13 .16 product code 05987W2 in united arab emirates which day please help me which day coming software in united arab emirates product code 05987W2 in uae which day come

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Crosofteur

I am in Belgium and I am dying to get the new update! :squint:

product code is 059D7P5   :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BrianDK

Product code: 059C819

I just tried to search for the update in the phone, it also says it is all updated. And I tried ovi suite also.

Even though the software version is 011.012.243.05

No updates available.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Crosofteur

Welcome to the forum!

It you look at the Excel spreadsheet your firmware 059D7P5 is "in creation" and due for release Wk 07.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BrianDK

This link says that the software is not available:

http://www.nokia.dk/appmanager/DenmarkDanishNOKIA_DENMARK/Get_support;JSESSIONID_NCOM=7S6nNVXbhyDCJY...

Sorry! No software update available for this product code via the Nokia Software Update Tool.

Even if the spreadsheet says it is, how can that be?:

CountryProduct CodeStatus
Denmark059C819Published
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Crosofteur

Thank you aspergerguy

I saw, he delays me :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tv123

Where is the C7 schedule?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
zoran1981

it's nice that nokia announce dates of PR 1.1 update..I hope that they will give us reports like this in the future

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BrianDK

The dates are nice, but I wonder why they are not true...

As my phone should have had the update already, if I should belive the list.
Please use plain text.
Sage
h3csc

How about other Symbian^1 phone? Like the C6-00? Do Nokia kill the update of it?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
grimreaper

What about the product codes that have not been included in the spreadsheet? I can see that the UK country variant has been published for the dark grey handset (059c5q8) but not for the orange handset (059c5q5)

I'd rather die on my feet, Than keep living on my knee's!
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

[ Edited ]

Ok, let me answer the questions one by one.

1. "My product code is not in the list" - That means, we don't have a schedule for it yet which is in 99% of the cases due to the fact that it's an operator specific variant and your operator has to test & approve the release. That's a schedule we can't influence and we don't know when we get that approval to then be able to publish this software version.

2. "Can I have a schedule for N97/C7/C6-01" - The creation of those excel tables is a manual exercise and we have a lot of people currently sitting together each morning to combine data from different systems. That's therefore nothing we can do as a standard way of working for all devices. We nevertheless publish a similiar list for C7 next week.

3. "Can I have a detailed ETA for product code ABC" - That's not possible. As you've seen the list has over 400 different software versions. If we would hunt for a specific ETA for each of those, our software teams would be more busy giving us ETAs than creating your software. Nevertheless, the leadtime is less than 5 days - so for everybody who sees his/her productcode as status "in creation" it means that you have to wait for max. 5 days.

4. "My software is listed as published, but I can't download it" - We currently get a lot of updates, so sometimes it can be that the update server is slow to respond. (Brian, for your Denmark version there are nearly 100 updates already done in our systems on the same version, so it is available.)

Please use plain text.
Advisor

My N8 Product code is 059D1F9, RM 596 and I am in Malaysia. Until now no update and also my product code not included in this list. become upset...:smileysurprised:

Regards

Rassall

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BrianDK

Thank you for the information, I will have to keep trying then, it would be nice though, to get a server busy message, instead of the no updates available message.

Please use plain text.