Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Official Nokia N8 PR1.1 Software Release Sched...

Contributor
eugene88

Re: Official Nokia N8 PR1.1 Software Release Schedule

My product code 059D7C4 is not in the list although I bought it sim-free!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

I used the "Other" method too Bulky.. Only way to get it i believe..

Now have 013.016, Landscape Dialler etc .. Will be keeping this N8 for a while now.

Especially since i know how to shortcut the system .

Cheers till next Update..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ergungumus

Thanks skyee for the list. I am in Turkey and my product vode for N8 is 059D954. I bought it at Nokia shop and it is not operator specific. It's not in the list. I see that other colors have updated but mine is not.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
smis1

What was your secret?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
s2kk

"Better late than never" - very Nokia.

I'm glad to see there is FINALLY some info officially and glad to see my 059D752 is going to get update within next few days.

You should have done this together when you made the announcement in the first place - at least most unbranded user will have idea when will get update rather just wait and get upset.

Next time, prepair such list and put it together with your announcement, don't just say something is "global availiable" then let customers waiting for weeks. It's even worse than no announcement at all.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
eioua

My product code is 059B288.... It's not in the spreadsheet, but I've got the update :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

Product code 059D9P2 SIM unlocked not listed in .xls file and also no update available. Any reason for that?

Thx

N8 pc 059D9P2 Silver never locked-still @ Nokia's mercy!!!Waitin 4 the update....
6510,7110,6310i*2,8910i,6600,7610,6230i,E61,E61i,9300i*4(greatest Nokia OS),N97(just 2 weeks then sold),E90,E72
IPad and Samsug galaxy Tab
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rlatchana

Dear Skyee: Thank you for this - a little late in coming but useful. I have a simple question - what is different between one variant of PR1.1 and another? I thought it was a matter of testing and then releasing but your comments suggest that each package might be different.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

@Skyee

dinuam wrote:

Product code 059D9P2 SIM unlocked not listed in .xls file and also no update available. Any reason for that?

Thx

N8 pc 059D9P2 Silver never locked-still @ Nokia's mercy!!!Waitin 4 the update....
6510,7110,6310i*2,8910i,6600,7610,6230i,E61,E61i,9300i*4(greatest Nokia OS),N97(just 2 weeks then sold),E90,E72
IPad and Samsug galaxy Tab
Please use plain text.
Advisor
montala

smis1 wrote:

What was your secret?

I did reply to this post, but unfortunately this was swiftly deleted.

I don't think therefore that you will find this sort on information in an official Nokia forum, but you are of course quite free to search elsewhere.

It is however always advisable to follow the official Nokia quidelines!

Please use plain text.
djsvetljo

PR1.1 Avaible to US phones via *#0000# as of this morning 7 am Chicago time. Not avaiable any othe place yer (such as Ovi suite) Product code 059D110 (green).

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
axoulife

My product code 059D954 not listed in Turkey section

how can i update my n8?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bart76

[ Edited ]

Product code 059C4Z7.not in the schedule again...:smileysad:should i phone my operator,to check when the update will be  available to download????

please help

belle on my n8
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

UK 059C1B7 states 'PUBLISHED' in the list but updates say Not Available. Anyone with the same code got the update yet?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dirc_dirc

Hi,

When in Mexico, we can update our N8?, in the list it isnt.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

eioua wrote:

My product code is 059B288.... It's not in the spreadsheet, but I've got the update :smileyhappy:

This is the global mobo replacement code

It appears that it gets released at the same time as the regional / country variants for your location

As in some guys in asia got it a few days before it became available in the UK

It's worrying however that it keeps getting left off lists, as at some point some idiot will forget about it

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

updated list for today was posted a bit earlier. For the codes that are not on the list we don't have any schedule yet. As said before, these are mainly operator variants but we also have some country variants still missing, especially for the more exotic colours. Our teams are working full speed to get software into creation as well as out of the door as fast as possible.

For everybody on an operator (SIM-locked) variant that is not on the list, please check with your operator.

Additionally, some comments for

- Canada: I have forwarded your comments here to our local team, but as mentioned, please check with Rogers for availability.

- US: Urgency has been shared with the software update teams and we keep special focus on those versions.

Country CTR Code Status
USA 0599218 Published
USA 0599222 Published
USA 0599226 Published
USA 0599230 Published
USA 0599236 Published
USA 059C8T6 In creation
USA 059D0V2 In creation
USA 059D110 In creation
USA 059D111 In creation
USA 059D112 In creation
USA 059G700 In creation

- Australia: Same as for US - we shared the info & urgency

Country CTR Code Status
Australia 0599249 Published
Australia 0599271 Published
Australia 0599302 Published
Australia 0599326 Published
Australia 0599340 Published
Australia 059C199 In creation
Australia 059C6P7 In creation
Australia 059C7Q4 In creation
Australia 059D294 In creation
Australia 059D402 In creation
Australia 059D403 In creation
Australia 059D597 In creation
Australia 059D774 In creation

Everybody else who posted here (or put comments to my inbox) - I can't reply to every posting currently but I have your codes on a specific list that has been shared with the software teams as "urgently requested by customers".

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thomasorr

hi there, i recently had my phone replaced and now have a product code: 059B6D7 which is diferent from my original on which was UK O2 Branded....i beleive that this product code is a 'Global Swap' Verson whatever that is?....even so i am unable to find this product coe on theupdate schedule of release. Could someone please confirm what is happening with this product code.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

jrrsteve wrote:

UK 059C1B7 states 'PUBLISHED' in the list but updates say Not Available. Anyone with the same code got the update yet?

Your update is available. Try using Nokia software updater via your P.C.

My phone would not update OTA but did via Software Updater on the P.C.

All the best.

Ray

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks Ray, will do
Please use plain text.