Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Official Nokia N8 PR1.1 Software Release Sched...

Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

Re: Official Nokia N8 PR1.1 Software Release Schedule

"Once the time has expired, everyone should get the firmware!"

That sounds fair to me..
Please use plain text.
Edis

Don't download the latest software!!!

I wish I didn't.

Can I go back to the original software?

Now all my opera browsers don't work with WAP!

I'm Canadian and I bought my n8 from the USA and I downloaded the latest software thru the *#0000# then "options" then "check for updates".

My product code is 059D0V2

I'm on the speakout network (which is the same network as Rogers).

The WAP does work with the nokia browser but it is not a pleasure to use.

Why does that browser not remember passwords?

When is the new nokia browser coming out???

I love this N8 tho....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BrianDK

rlatchana wrote:

LenardG/BrianDK:

The multiple releases and wait times are the kind of things that may have caused Nokia to lose market share. Do you think Microsoft waits on OEMs to approve a patch before its sent to Windows (desktop) users? Nokia should give the carriers x number of days for them to test and report bugs. Once the time has expired, everyone should get the firmware!

Microsoft does not have the hardware, so it is not compareable. But OEMs can block an update on Windows aswell, and their customers will not get the update before it is approved. And it is not Microsoft's problem, aswell as it is not Nokia's problem to get the carriers to approve their software.

I think the software is released simoutaneously for all releases which are the same. But it is different between countries and regions. Therefore there will be som difference in the time of testing between these. And all others which are waiting is most likely carrier specific.

Otherwise Nokia would have to wait for ALL variants to finish development, translation and test, before they can release a software, and then it will take much longer time, and cost a lot more money, and the developers might get a lot more idle time.

I see a lot of reasons why Nokia does as they do, but I would also like my N8 (059C819) to get updated as soon as possible.

Regards,

Brian

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BrianDK

I might need to take my latest statement back, as it seems they are not released simoutaneously, when I search for updates I get this result:

This page says 013.016 is the newest: http://www.nokia.dk/produktsupport/download-software/device-software-update

And I can test on this page: http://www.nokia.dk/produktsupport/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update

Test results:

Denmark059C819In creation011.012059C819: N8-00 RM-596 Country Variant Denmark DK Dark Grey v.2059C819: N8-00 RM-596 Country Variant Denmark DK Dark Grey
Denmark059C895In creation013.016059C895: N8-00 RM-596 3 DK DK Dark Grey GV
Denmark059D3L4In creation011.012059D3L4: N8-00 RM-596 Country Variant Denmark DK White Silver v.2_COLOR059D3L4: N8-00 RM-596 Country Variant Denmark DK Silver White_COLOR
Denmark059D3V5In creation011.012059D3V5: N8-00 RM-596 Country Variant Denmark DK Green_COLOR059D3V5: N8-00 RM-596 Country Variant Denmark DK Green v.2_COLOR
Denmark059D610In creationNoneNot found, maybe Telenor variant
Denmark059D9L6In creation011.012059D9L6: N8-00 RM-596 Country Variant Denmark DK Blue v.2_COLOR059D9L6: N8-00 RM-596 Country Variant Denmark DK Blue_COLOR
Denmark059D9L7In creation011.012059D9L7: N8-00 RM-596 Country Variant Denmark DK Orange v.2_COLOR059D9L7: N8-00 RM-596 Country Variant Denmark DK Orange_COLOR
Denmark059F3N8In creation011.012059F3N8: N8-00 RM-5963 DK DK White Silver_color GV
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rlatchana

They are definitely not released simultaneously as the Excel file shows. Despite what you have said about OEMs having the ability to block a patch, I have never seen it happen. Nokia needs to be more forceful with these folks or they will continue to frustrate customers.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rameli73

Why and what will happen if my N8 product code is not in that list?  I have 059B667

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rameli73

My N8 Product code is 059B667, RM 596 and I am in Malaysia. Until now no update and also my product code not included in this list. become upset...

Regards

Rameli73

Please use plain text.
Advisor
brotherman38

I findly got it! I had to use the phone file manager to format my E: Mass memory, and then do a "delete data and restore" under the Factory settings menu for the phone. This is the only thing that worked for me even just doing the "delete data and restore" did'nt work, and I could'nt uninstall it using the app. manager Installed apps because it was'nt listed. The bad news is I had to reinstall all my data, and apps. But now I have Quick Office 6.4! 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
toto_BR

skyee, wont you update the list anymore? what's going on?
C3-00 / N73 / N95-4 / N8-00
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

I will read and answer your posts later, but just wanted to post the latest list for you first. We have added a lot of new variants for you (status "in creation") that will be ready in week08 (next week).

As it's already really late here I don't have anybody who can edit the very first post today, but we'll do that first thing tomorrow.

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Advisor
smis1

Well at the rate it is going my 059c8t6 will be out on week 10 if we are lucky.

Please use plain text.
kuhanpoika

Thanks for the updated list.

Too bad Finland is still "in creation" eventhough last Friday+5days maximum is closing up...

Lets see it this way. If there's bugs in phone, you can consider it broken. Well Nokia says that it will be fixed soon and even gives a date to it. Now replace phone for example with your TV. How frustrating it would be if your TV was broken and it can´t be fixed...

Im sure you work real hard, but if there's something I have learned in this life is that if you know you can't keep the promise, don't even make it....

Pardon my french

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

@Skyee

My pc 059D9P2 still not in the list!!

N8 pc 059D9P2 Silver never locked-still @ Nokia's mercy!!!Waitin 4 the update....
6510,7110,6310i*2,8910i,6600,7610,6230i,E61,E61i,9300i*4(greatest Nokia OS),N97(just 2 weeks then sold),E90,E72
IPad and Samsug galaxy Tab
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Thanks for keeping us up to speed with this.

Ironically for UK 059C951 which still remains in creation since your last spreadsheet (110211) is a Tesco Mobile variant where you might expect network provider perhaps not to authorise release as currently PR1.1 prevents downloading of DRM protected media utilising BBC iPlayer which functioned perfectly under PR1.0 so a feature of one of their device's may no longer be fit for purpose.

However as parent o2 for whom Tesco is MVNO has already released PR1.1 this is probably not the case.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BrianDK

Skyee >> Thanks again, but unfortunately this list has now 059C819 both as "published" and "in creation" AGAIN, even though it says the newest version is 011.012 if I check it on NSU or the official website.

Denmark059C819Published
Denmark059C819

In creation

Please use plain text.
Advisor
joba

Thanks to Skyee for keeping us posted about the update situation. Finally one person at Nokia who bother taking a dialogue with the customers.

Looking forwarding receiving the new update........

Kind regards

Joergen

DK

Jobadk
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Lorion84

Hi,

I have a question: The new xml does not include my PC anymore, it was in the file from the 15th, but is disapeared in the latest file:

15.2.:

Switzerland059B9X0In creation
Switzerland059D1K6In creation
Switzerland059D1V6In creation
Switzerland059D1W3In creation
Switzerland059D8L5In creation
Switzerland059D8L8

In creation

17.2.:

Switzerland059D1K6Published
Switzerland059B9X0In creation
Switzerland059D8L5In creation
Switzerland059C598In creation
Switzerland059D1K6In creation
Switzerland059D8L8In creation
Switzerland059D9Z4In creation

No more 059D1V6.

Wild guess, since 059D1K6 is "in creation" AND "published", the last 059D1K6 is actually 059D1V6

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gino_72

@Skyee

my PC is 059D1W3 (RM-596 Country Variant Switzerland CH Silver White)

On Monday 14th it was „in creation“, so it was scheduled for week 07.

But today it is not in the list anymore, why is this PC postponed?

Will it be released in week 09?

The PC 059D1K6 is in line 484 „Published“ and in line 484 „in creation“; Is it a mistake?

Thank you for your reply.

Have a nice weekend.

Gino

Please use plain text.
Sage
ex_king_john

Woke this morning and hooked up to OviSuite and got taadaah!! Apps Update 1 and Asphalt The Game.  Was excitred for a minute when it looked like it was going to give me updates but got that letdown feeling again. 

Hopefully this isn't what Vodafone meant when skyee called and said 'hey guys when are you getting the update out, people are starting to complain' and were told 'next week'

Please use plain text.
eblu

Thanks for sharing this schedule with us. I'm from Canada (with Rogers carrier) and I don't see our country being listed. Does that mean we're not getting the update?

Please use plain text.