Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Official Nokia N8 PR1.1 Software Release Sched...

xgnesh93

Re: Official Nokia N8 PR1.1 Software Release Schedule

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I really upset on this firmware update issue where my set is not sim locked by any operator in my country (Malaysia) Product Code: 059D7K2 yet I am unable to get the updates as promised by Nokia. Today is already 25/02/2011 (ending week 8). The following week are going to be March 2011. To minor update fro Nokia is taking so long , imagine what about PR2.0 or 3.0, I am petty sure it will take another 1 or 2 years for all the users of N8.. And Nokia are calling this N8 as their flagship.. Are you sure on this ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
botakbin

agree.. Nokia is giving the opponents all the advantage they need.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Krzysiek333

Hallo,

Yesterday i succesfully instaled 059D354 PR 1.1 in Poland

No big changes i noticed

Please use plain text.
Contributor
botakbin

no big changes and yet they took tat long to even publish it for us. Failure.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bart76

hi im still waiting for Three UK

UK   059C4Z7   In creation

since 17th....what's happening???

I've been on the phone to "3" on 15th,and they told me that update is almost ready....

Then nokia place my PC on the Scheduleon 17th.

9 days later..nothing....

belle on my n8
Please use plain text.
Advisor
s2kk

Yet another week, still no sign in Singapore....

Please use plain text.
Sage
andycoydwilson

[ Edited ]

I am with you mate (bart76) but we all know 3 take an eternity to test thoroughly. Lets hope this gives us a glitch free update. All my nokia phones I have had on 3 have been very stable with only a few minor bugs (even my N97) not like friends of mine on other carriers who have suffered with dreadful problems even when the get updated weeks before me (obviously slack testing of varient software).

If this was helpful please click Star for Kudos

Phone history :-3210, 3100, 3200, 6230i, N73, N95-8GB, N97, N8, Lumia800, Lumia920, Lumia620, Lumia820, Lumia1020
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Dickan

totally disappointed to Nokia.....'

i know why people start to leave NOKIA...

because Nokia never keeps promise......

still get nothing in HONG KONG 059D162!!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bart76

[ Edited ]

Cheers mate.

But this is not "3"fault now...its nokia.Look:

Skyee:

Status "In creation" means your version is currently with our software teams and we will aim to release it in week 09. We can't give a specific day here, but you can switch on the automatic software update check in your phone (via Menu > Applications > SW Update > Options > Settings > Auto-check for updates) and your N8 will prompt you as soon as the new software is available

So '3"test it already,and now nokia need to deal whit it(again:smileymad: )As you see above,week9(MARCH)....not week8............

belle on my n8
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bart76

Every time they update the excel file,they changing the release date.............................................from week7,to week8,now from week8 to week9.......................

Honestly,this is the weirdest software update ever...

belle on my n8
Please use plain text.
Sage

This is just SOP for NOKIA.  Just ask those with the N97!  I'm not surprised.  Everything releaded in Week 7?  Really?  Week 8?  Why so many variants? Get with the program Nokia!  Or else MS will be biting at you rear!  Oh wait.  Too late!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Dickan

Nokia........you really let me down......delay till wk 9...wt's wrong are you ??

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mohaja

Ok, i don't know how Nokia's SOP on releasing updates, but handling so many variants for just one model of device is troublesome unlike other competitors that produce a single model & release the updates should be logically easy. 

So, this is my suggestionl why dont Nokia release the updates regardless the variant unless it is tied to the operator so that other sim-free variants gets the update faster. This is just a suggestion, of course Nokia knows their stuff better. At least some of us will be happy with the updates & Nokia can focus on the operator-tied variants.

All the best Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
icemoney

Congrats to all that have their sofware status changed to "Published" in the latest schedule, we in SA will get our Pr 1.1 sometime in the future, my current estimate points to when pigs start flying (due to a mutation caused by nuclear waste) :smileyhappy:. I know I chose the wrong network (Vodacom, owned by Vodafone) and I guess I will be punished for a few decades because of this dreadful sin. Please keep us in your thoughts when your N8 is running super fast and you have all those nifty updates coming with Pr 2.0
Want me to shut the hell up? Click on the white star on the left. Twitter? @icemoola
Please use plain text.
aprokopjevs

Hi,

I see that in the last excel list update (24022011) my product code 059D5T9 line has dissapeared. The rest entries for my country Latvia are marked as Published, but I don't see any update for my device.

What does it mean? You realized that I have an operator customized version? Could you please explain me.

Andrejs.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

>bart76 wrote:

>Every time they update the excel file,they changing the release >date.............................................from week7,to week8,now from week8 to week9.......................

>Honestly,this is the weirdest software update ever...

Not really, look - engineers have their deadlines, those are communicated

and eventually reach this excel sheet.  However, they may find new bugs in their

QA process which has to go prior any release, and this can mean

if they find a new critical bug during those QA stages, and after announcing an ETA

then they will delay the release in order to fix the bug.

that is pretty normal.   Every reasonable software company is more or less doing that.

Consumers dont like critical bugs, right?

Now, the difference is - NOKIA tells you the best ETA they know themself, which

lead to more frequent alterations on the ETA in the excel sheet.

What do other companies do?

-> they dont give you exact ETAs

-> they put it further into the future - even if they could

possibly release it sooner, just to have reserve to deal with shipstopper type bugs.

-> they dont update their platforms as often

-> updates come as a surprise package

So, not weird - but the most honest approach in a long time from a phone manufacturer.

We should appreciate it. 

Please use plain text.
solanum

Hey,

Same here, my product code Australia 059D776 was listed as in creation and has now dissapeared as well.  Hopefully it doesn't eman the carrier has toild Nokia they aren't going to roll out the update so don't bother....

aprokopjevs wrote:

Hi,

I see that in the last excel list update (24022011) my product code 059D5T9 line has dissapeared. The rest entries for my country Latvia are marked as Published, but I don't see any update for my device.

What does it mean? You realized that I have an operator customized version? Could you please explain me.

Andrejs.

Please use plain text.
Sage
brang1

now they are removing my posts because they are unconstructive? censorship because my comments do not tow the nokia line, what we are not allowed to critique the haphazard way nokia goes about their business, like i said in a post that was removed..."what a JOKE"
total state of confusion
Please use plain text.
Sage
brang1

SEE HOW LONG THAT COMMENTS LAST. SORRY BIG BROTHER!!!
total state of confusion
Please use plain text.
Sage
brang1

nokia, what a beautiful wonderful HELPFUL COMPANY, there you go.
total state of confusion
Please use plain text.