Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi Store(this is a sollution) without nokia care

Counsellor
Thewonderer

Re: Ovi Store Hangs on loading after recent Update

i have got the same problem..... no solution yet. planning to go see nokia care center i suggest u do the same

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arshad_nadheem

DeadmanN8 wrote:

Is it only  me having this issue now or are others still having problems?

Also I just installed Live View and I'm back to the error msg

I too am still having this problem...

But I'm not getting any error, simply having the loading screen going on for ever... It doesn't even attempt to connect to the internet... :smileysad:

Hope the Anna update will fix this... :smileywink:

Cheer,

Arshad

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

I just reinstalled Ovi Store from the file on here http://store.ovi.com/content/5406 and I'm back to hanging on the loading screen again
Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

[ Edited ]

It's fixed!!

Here is what I did

"*#7370# This code wipes all data from the main memory restoring the phone to a fresh state. It does not wipe any mass storage locations or memory cards." (From Page 1 of this thread)
Reinstalled Ovi Maps v3.06 11wk23 b05
Reinstalled Ovi Store 2.12.033
Reinstalled qt.sis
Reinstalled qtwebkit.sis
Reinstalled qmlviewer.sis
Reinstalled qtmobility.sis
Reinstalled Notifications_Support_Package_Symbian3_v1.1.11120.sis
Reinstalled Notifications_Environment_Selector_Symbian3.sis

During the installation of Notifications_Environment_Selector_Symbian3.sis I was asked if I wanted to replace a few file types with older versions which I agreed to. Once Installation of all the files was complete I switched off the phone then back on and Ovi Store worked.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arshad_nadheem

@DeadmanN8
Awesome dude... You're a real life saver :smileyhappy:

I tried your approach and it worked for me as well... But I didn't do a reset, nor install Maps. Since I already had the latest version of Store installed, I didn't even reinstall Store. Simply reinstalled the rest.

I think the trick was to agree to install the older versions when prompted. During the previous attempts, I declined it... :smileyhappy:

Cheers,
Arshad
Please use plain text.
Advisor
fuel3100

reformat ur phone and thats correct. reinstall again. and
f not working. try to flash ur phone . attach ur phone to computer with ovi suite and reinstall firmware.
Nokia 6120 Classic
V3.83
Please use plain text.
ravik2062

i have also the same problem.....my ovi store after the update is not starting and only showing loadind......i restored my device but nothing changed........plz help

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arshad_nadheem

ravik2062 wrote:

i have also the same problem.....my ovi store after the update is not starting and only showing loadind......i restored my device but nothing changed........plz help

Go through messages #24 and #25 in this thread... might be helpful

Cheers,

Arshad

Please use plain text.
luvin_4all

hi

i have a prob regarding installing tis update

after downloading d update it gives an error msg tat "CANNOT INSTALL SOFTWARE" AND ALSO showing AN ERROR CODE: 12014

pls help me to install tis software.....

Please use plain text.
rizabutt

Hi

I have the exact same problem with ovi store after a reset. can anyone please tell me where i can find the files mentioned in post 24 (deadmanN8)? I have qt sdk and can install qt.sis and qtmobility. Where do I find qtwebkit, qmlviewer and the two notifications files?

Kind regards

Riz

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arshad_nadheem

You can find all the required files and instructions @ www.fixqt.com under 'S^3 Qt 4.7.3 Mobility 1.1.3'.

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
Arshad
Please use plain text.
rizabutt

Thanks for the link....and it actually worked!!! I called nokia care center and after "helping" me doing a couple of more resets they said that ovi store was unstable and that i could only wait. I love my N8 but i would expect that basic things like ovi store works after a factory reset. Thx for the help again guys

Please use plain text.
m_nomolosanu

Thks for the link!

I still have a question: these files shoud be installed only in phone's memory or could be installed in any memory (even in mass memory)?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arshad_nadheem

m_nomolosanu wrote:

Thks for the link!

I still have a question: these files shoud be installed only in phone's memory or could be installed in any memory (even in mass memory)?

Can't remember exactly... But am answering coz no one else has so far... :smileywink:

Just try installing it... If it prompts you to select a location for the installation, I guess you're free to decide IMO...

If it has to be installed in phone memory, I guess you won't be prompted...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ampranti_gr

[ Edited ]

I face the same problem (ovi store hung at "loading" and no attempt to connect internet is done).

After the update, I did hard reset and flash formatting.

I tried installing Qt 4.7.3 , uninstall Ovi store , reinstall and the problem remain!

After install Qt 4.7.3, the first time I connect to Ovi Suite I am forced to install Anna update 1 of 2 (obviously it contains new Qt libraries).

Any idea how to fix the problem? I am not allowed to donwload the applications I have bought from Ovi Store :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ToineTheis

Ovi Store(this is a sollution) without nokia care

Hello all.

I had 3weeks problems with ovi store. It keeps loading and i lost all games from the back up.
I had don everything whet nokia told my to do.
Nothing works, but i found a sollution

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Important, go  to this site: http://fixqt.com/ 

you will see this

S^3 Qt 4.7.3 Mobility 1.1.3

These are the files for Qt 4.7.3 and Mobility 1.1.3, these were released in Updated Qt SDK 1.1 with Qt Creator 2.2.1 and MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan SDK dated June 21 2011. See the post over at Qt Blog.

Please install in Order.
1. qt.sis - 6.54 MB (6,859,996 bytes) - Contains Qt 4.7.3, QML, SQL.
2. qtwebkit.sis - 4.29 MB (4,498,656 bytes) Contains QtWebKit 4.7.3. Depends on Qt.
3. qmlviewer.sis - 127 KB (130,804 bytes) The qmlviewer utility.
4. qtmobility.sis - 1.79 MB (1,885,644 bytes) QtMobility 1.1.3 for Symbian^3, this depends on Qt 4.7.3.
5. Notifications Support Package Symbian3 v1.1.11120.sis - 2.57 MB (2,704,108 bytes) Notifications Support Package 1.1.11120 for Symbian^3, this depends on Qt 4.7.3 and Mobility 1.1.3.
6. Notifications Environment Selector Symbian3.sis - 0.09 MB (9,496 bytes) Notifications Selector 1.1.11120 for Symbian^3, this depends on Qt 4.7.3 and Mobility 1.1.3.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
download everything one by one, open it whith ovi suite. Instal first qt.sis.

instal number 1 first and number 6 at last.
Accept all requests on mobile even if they ar a older version.

This works fine!!!!!!!!!!
MY OVI STORE IS WORKING AND I CAN DOWNLOAD EVERY THING AGAIN.

let my now if ist working or not.
Twitter: @toinetheis

Please use plain text.
georgeek

Re: Ovi Store(this is a sollution) without nokia care

Thank you,  it worked for me (on my C7), after several very frustrating days.

BR

Please use plain text.
16kbit

another solution (from nokia care)

Another, more easy solution was just given to me by @NokiaHelps on twitter:

1) From your phone's browser, visit http://t.co/PoTxxnWC - which will lead you to http://support.ovi.com/osc/en_GB/faq/FA135940_en_US

2) Download the linked Ovi Store installation package and install.

This resolved the problem for me on Nokia N8.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AlexiDaher

Re: Ovi Store(this is a sollution) without nokia care

Hello, I did it on mine, but didn't work... :smileysad:

Nokia store still loading forever!

Thanks anyway

Please use plain text.