Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Ovi Suite Software Updates-Error No internet Conne...

Registered Member
rams79

Ovi Suite Software Updates-Error No internet Connection

My Phone Nokia 5800 Xpress Music..

Ovi Software update fails while cheking for updates pops up

Network Connection error dialog

Nokia Ovi Suite software update service is not responding Make sure the internet connection is working or check firewall settings, and try again.

btw I have a broadband,if firewall is turned off...

I dont know what else to do.

I click ok, its says downloading for ever....

I tried update via wifi my phone asks for server profile...which i have no idea about.

I have been trying to update for firmware for a week i dont it happening... damnnn

Nokia Ovi Suite 2.1.1.1

Ovi Player 2.1.10304.0

Nokia Photos 1.6.434.0

PC Connectivity Solution 10.6.2.0

Connectivity Cable Driver 7.1.27.0

Nokia Ovi Suite Software Updater 2010.6.0.60359

Maps Service API 3.0.38.0

Nokia mPlatform 2.6.86

Ovi Desktop Sync Engine 1.1.0.82

Operating system:
Microsoft Windows Vista 64-bit Edition, Service Pack 2
Language: English

Detected internet browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18904
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3 (Default browser)

Detected Bluetooth stacks:
- Microsoft (Version: 6.0.6000, Build: 16386)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Belsnow

Re: Ovi Suite Software Updates-Error No internet Connection

Dear nokia support team and fellow nokia users,

I have been experiencing the same issue with my nokia E66.

"Quote rams79" :

"Ovi Software update fails while checking for updates pops up

Nokia Ovi Suite software update service is not responding Make sure the internet connection is working or check firewall settings, and try again."

I hope a solution will be found very soon.

My best regards

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Re: Ovi Suite Software Updates-Error No internet Connection

Dear nokia support team and fellow nokia users,

Not the support team its a user forum .

Nokia Ovi Suite software update service is not responding Make sure the internet connection is working or check firewall settings, and try again."

More or less puts the blame  on your computerTurn off AV  Firewall and running programs .

First step is their a firmware upgrade for your phone  put product code in software checker or post it here .

jje

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
OviSuiteError

Ovi Suite Software Updates-Error No internet Connection "Never Solved"

I strongly believe that Nokia tech people somehow screwed up their update servers and there is nothing we can do other than wait for them to fix it.

error

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Bluerang1

Re: Ovi Suite Software Updates-Error No internet Connection "Never Solved"

So I guess I'm stuck with Maps 1 for a while. Even when it tries to update on the phone (N79) it doesn't...

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I was having the same problem that you guys are having... and was thinking that something was wrong, for the update server being down for so long and Nokia doing nothing about it...

Turns out the problem is, once again, in Nokia software... I found out how to fix it here:

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69000

You need to disable Internet Connection Sharing to make the update process work under Vista (at least). It worked like a charm for me.

Why Nokia does not fix this issue after so long (the original post with the solution is dated more than 1 year ago) is beyond me... but since to this day I still can't get the MTP Device Driver to work with my N96, this doesn't really surprises me.

BR,

Leo.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Valk

My problem with the server comes in when I'm trying to connect through my phone. It gives the connection error if i use the Device update to look for the new OS. Any advice there?

Please use plain text.
Docraiden

Hi!

I've tried everything, but neither visited or nokia software update is working for me.

I've removed the firewall (BitDefender Antivirus), disabled Internet Connection Sharing, and still doesn't work.

I have a Nokia 5800, and I really want to update the firmware.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Nokia Ovi Suite 2.1.1.1

Nokia PC Suite 7.1.40.6

Ovi Player 2.1.10304.0

PC Connectivity Solution 10.18.0.0

Connectivity Cable Driver 7.1.29.0

Nokia Ovi Suite Software Updater 2010.18.0.60492

Maps Service API 3.0.38.0

Nokia mPlatform 2.6.86

Ovi Desktop Sync Engine 1.1.0.82

Operating system:
Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit Edition
Language: Español

Detected internet browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385 (Default browser)

Detected Bluetooth stacks:
- Microsoft (Version: 6.1.7600, Build: 16385)

Please use plain text.
Docraiden

Re: Ovi Suite Software Updates-Error No internet Connection "Never Solved"Options
Edit Reply

Delete Post

Mark Post as New

Add This Post to My bookmarks

Add This Post to My subscriptions

Subscribe to This Topic's RSS Feed

Highlight This Post

Print This Post

E-Mail this Post to a Friend

Report Inappropriate Content

27-May-2010 06:08 PM

Hi!

Correction for the Second Line

I've tried everything, but neither Ovi Suite or Nokia Software Updater is working for me
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Did you try OTA on the phone ?????   *#0000#

Did you do a total removal of OVI/Nokia/PC Suite   . TOTAL   not part .

Nokia Care Centre will update .

First question  is their a firmware update for your product code  .

jje

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PrashantVikey

I read this SOLUTION by Benjamin and i m posting it as it worked like a charm with the problem we all are talking about.

That's it ... that's totally the reason it didn't work for me ... Internet Connection Sharing

BUT ... you cannot stop the service in task manager if you enabled it from the regular connection preferences window ...

You will need to go to your network connections ...

And then, from the right click menu on each connection, select the advanced tab, and then look for the internet connection sharing section and uncheck it

Now, before restarting Nokia Software Updater ... which should work fine ... just to be sure ... right click the desktop icon / shortcut ...

... select properties ... and then the compatability tab ...

Now check Run this program in compatability mode for Windows XP (service pack 2) ....

And then apply and then open the Nokia Software Updater ...

You should have a straight through solution !!!

Please use plain text.
Professor
tpt635601

Hey,

Hav u guys checked this with latest Nokia Ovi Suite 2.2.0.245?  And also, hav u enabled to any anti-virus software? etc., which may block NOS to update ur device :smileysurprised:

If my post helped you, click on Kudos button :smileyvery-happy: and if my solution provided is opt 2 u, accpt my solution :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pecsipeter

leohuf wrote:

I was having the same problem that you guys are having... and was thinking that something was wrong, for the update server being down for so long and Nokia doing nothing about it...

Turns out the problem is, once again, in Nokia software... I found out how to fix it here:

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69000

You need to disable Internet Connection Sharing to make the update process work under Vista (at least). It worked like a charm for me.

Why Nokia does not fix this issue after so long (the original post with the solution is dated more than 1 year ago) is beyond me... but since to this day I still can't get the MTP Device Driver to work with my N96, this doesn't really surprises me.

BR,

Leo.

I had the same problem always when i wanted to update my X6 Nokia mobile. Always sent me the 12017 error. But this really works, so change the connection sharing an it s gonna be alright.

THX again

Please use plain text.
KakaSam

i tried this but it still isn't helping.

i've got windows7 and my phone is nokia 6220c...

pls help.

i just wanna reinstall my software...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zishansaiyed

Ovi Suite Software Updates-Error No internet Connection "Solved"

[ Edited ]

i found the solution for the network connection error during the software update process.....

the error dialog box says to check ur connection or firewall settings...so i recommend the users who are having this problem...first of all if you have any antivirus software installed than turn it off or disable it before starting the update and then Go to- Control panel-Windows Firewall-Then turn it off. and now start the update application you will notice the change and i am sure the update will start and complete without any errors...i was also having the same problem but i tried and resolved it... and also a very important thing that you should take care of....you should make sure that no other application is using your internet connection, don't start any other downloading program because it will decrease the ovi suites downloading speed and it may cause an error...

if the problem persists after turning off ur firewall than restart ur pc and try again...

post me a thanks if your problem is resolved...

this will work with the nokia OVI Suite version 2.1.

because i had not tried to update the ovi suite because i like the 2.1 version very much...

I really tried it very much, because my father says that Try and try and try until you get success...

and i achieved the success..........

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tobei

Compatibility mode windows xp service pack 3 works for me! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.