Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: PR 2.0 ANNA FOR ANGRY AND DISGRACE FOR NOKIA!

Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

The announced components of ANNA that these guys are expecting are:

1. portrait qwerty keyboard iphone and android style where you dont have to go to a separate screen

2. A better looking interface (new icons and font), and new better interfaces for apps as well

3. A new better browser.

4. better hardware optimization

5. bug fixes.

There may be other things included though.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

add improved battery life too
Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

A whole year (if we're lucky) just for these things that should have been part of the phone from the start.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

[ Edited ]

yep, waiting , waiting.. 6mths so far..
just want portrait qwerty and swype, and a decent default browser.

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Nokia Says---Keep your phone up to date :smileyhappy:

Release the Updates first :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sammuelwan

anyone knows when will be the release date of ANNA, 

I am expecting more from it as the current PR1.0 is very slow!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

sammuelwan wrote:

anyone knows when will be the release date of ANNA, 

I am expecting more from it as the current PR1.0 is very slow!

/t5/Software-Updates/SYMBIAN-ANNA-P-R-2-0-FORECAST-RELEASE-IN-Q3-2011/td-p/1035597

Please use plain text.
Advisor
del1701

To be honest I think that if nokia release anna a few months after the X7 and E6 have been released to the rest of the S^3 users then that is an absolute dissgrace, after all the promises that nokia made when the N8 and C7 were released. If this is the route that Nokia is taking then it will totally alienate the exsisting S^3 users and move them to other platforms.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
phyrhone

I might sell my N8 by the end of the month if no progress with symbian anna. I really appreciate it's 12MP camera capabilty. But OS wise.. Nokia epic fail. Like they don't even care about it's consumers. My friend recommended iphone4, and it's awesome! iOS is great, stable faster and great build!

Will "Phyrhone" Laurent

" A simple task, doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Use your brain."
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

phyrhone wrote:

I might sell my N8 by the end of the month if no progress with symbian anna. I really appreciate it's 12MP camera capabilty. But OS wise.. Nokia epic fail. Like they don't even care about it's consumers. My friend recommended iphone4, and it's awesome! iOS is great, stable faster and great build!

great thing about iphone4 is quality of apps provided by developers especially company like gameloft who always comes up with new hd games FIRST for ios then only after some month(s) for android but hell no to burnning platform symbian^3!

also iphone4 gives a "premium" feel!

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

"My friend recommended iphone4, and it's awesome! iOS is great, stable faster and great build."

And doesn't allow the user to do half the things N8 and other Symbian phones (even the older ones) do, and another half must be enabled by third party apps.

Symbian is good and has a lot of potential.

I hope Nokia will learn from this and won't waste what was gained in the past years...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

donofworld wrote:

great thing about iphone4 is quality of apps provided by developers especially company like gameloft who always comes up with new hd games FIRST for ios then only after some month(s) for android but hell no to burning platform symbian^3!

So why am I playing Assassins Creed and Need For Speed Shift in HD on my N8 ? Or even on my flatscreen HDTV via the HDMI output ? Can the wonderful IP4 do that ? Hell no !

Nokia is very far from perfect but please spare us your ignorant fanboi posts please.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

You know it's end of discussion when people start chatting about how wonderful the iPhone or Android is,

and yet they still buy a Nokia. :smileywink:

Ray 

Please use plain text.