Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Phone Software Update Important (1736 kb)

Counsellor
dinty75
Accepted Solution

Phone Software Update Important (1736 kb)

Under settings ---->SW Update it brought up this morning a Phone Software ! Important (1736 kb)

I then clicked on start update, it went through the process then re-booted my phone, however when I go back to the settings ---->SW Update that same message appears, when I go to device mgr it tells me that the software version is 081.003 which is the version on this update apparently.

I now see in network destinations an entry named Uncategorised 2 access points.

If I try and update again it then says processing then nothing else happens.

So I am worried that this may have been a scam, can anyone help please?

Phone is C5-00.2

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dinty75

Re: Phone Software Update Important (1736 kb)

It seemed to me that after doing a hard reset and performing a software update check it now does not show the Phone Software ! Important update, so my solution was the hard reset.

And in device mgr it shows the correct software update being 081.003

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Hi dinty75,

081.003 is the latest software for C5-00.2 (5MP), so you don't have to worry about that. You can check the information from here. Unfortunately there is no Change log yet available. It should come available at some point, so if you are interested you can check the page time to time.

Hope this cleared the matter.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dinty75

Jampe wrote:

Hi dinty75,

081.003 is the latest software for C5-00.2 (5MP), so you don't have to worry about that. You can check the information from here. Unfortunately there is no Change log yet available. It should come available at some point, so if you are interested you can check the page time to time.

Hope this cleared the matter.

Jampe

Hello Jampe,

Many thanks for your reply and confirmation.

I wanted to let folks know that after updating they may see the update showing again the next time they use the SW Update in settings, and the only way I got round this was the hard reset function.

What I can say about this update is that it incorporates the email version 3.21, unsure about the web browser version being that I can't remember where the about section is for it, lol.

So since I performed the hard reset I just needed to install the optional timezone update and that was it really.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dinty75

[ Edited ]

Oh and just one other thing, I now don't have the WAP services uncategorised item in network destinations, just the one WAP services with 2 access points which I believe came with this software update.

Please use plain text.