Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Phone switched off in Software update

amit29_vjti

Phone switched off in Software update

Hi,

This is the first time I installed Nokia suite. It gave me massage that new software is available. I tried to install new software. During this process it tried to restart my phone. But my phone switched off and did not restarted again. After that my phone is not at all starting. I removed battery and re-inserted and tried many times. But still my phone not starting. I tried to charge battery(though it was already fully charged). But it is not even charging battery(or showing it is charging). Kindly suggest how can I restart my phone ?

Thanks !!

Amit

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@amit29_vjti

No clues as to what device you are using here, but if software update fails device can be left with black screen in flashing mode at which point it is recoverable by a Nokia Care Point.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
hafizkvp

Hi, I updated my nokia c7 symbian belle via air.( i remember there were 3 items- one of them is something like "windows application").

During the update ,  i clicked 'ok' to restart my phone. Sadly, it didn't restart after that. it went switched off.

whenever i try to switch on my phone,

It first shows  'NOKIA' and shows some dots flashing at the bottom of the screen, as if it were going to switch on as  normal- but end up without restarting.. (Se the pictures below)

-- What happened to my phone? what am I supposed to do to get it ok?

Please use plain text.
chethankb

I too have the same problem with E72. what did u do for starting the phone?
Please use plain text.
chethankb

this is the worst website i have ever seen
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Take a look at this

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
chethankb

It didnt work for me
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Then the only thing you can do is take your phone to the authorised Nokia Care Centre your area.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chris080

When I was updating my phone suddenly it stop and the phone just off and it didn't switched on till now...

Please help me with this sooooooooooooooooooooon............. 

It's a nokia 700

THANKS

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Irshad321

same problum here

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Hi Irshad321. What's the exact model of your phone? Have you tried rebooting it?
Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.

Phone switched off in Software update

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I updated my nokia x2-02 This is the first time I installed Nokia suite. It gave me massage that new software is available. I tried to install new software. During this process it tried to restart my phone. But my phone switched off and did not restarted again. After that my phone is not at all starting. I removed battery and re-inserted and tried many times. But still my phone not starting. I tried to charge battery(though it was already fully charged). But it is not even charging battery(or showing it is charging). Kindly suggest how can I restart my phone ? at earliest reply message.    

my mail id XXXXXXX@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards

Imran.M

Moderator's Note: The email address was edited out. Please do not publish personal information in a public forum.

Please use plain text.