Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Photo gallery on Belle update (N8)

Contributor
ansluk

Photo gallery on Belle update (N8)

The photo browser in Anna used to show both the photos and videos I shot with the phone.

After updating to Belle the photo browser only shows the video files I shot during 2012, but photos from both 2011 and 2012.

In the video browser all videos shot during 2011 are shown, but not the ones that were shot in 2012 (the ones that show up in the photo browser).

Seems weird to me. Is anyone else seeing this? .

Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

Same thing in my C7...

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi I've got something strange after my update. The sorting is totally messed up with Belle.

I'm  getting random pics sorted after the update. Is there a fix for this?

Please use plain text.
Sage
bassmantrb5ii

I am also having this problem in Belle.

Only videos which are shot after the update are shown in the gallery. If I want to view earlier videos I have to use the Video program. Very annoying.

Perhaps Nokia can shed some light on why this is the case or has anybody found a work around for this?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kalifsoup

UP

The same on E6 with Belle. Want all photos and vids in gallery. Even taken before 2012/before update to Belle.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ansluk

Got this working by connecting to computer in mass-storage mode, moved the video files to DCIM/100Nokia folder and then deleted thumbnail cache in /Private/10281e17/[102830AB]thumbnail_v4.db on the same storage as my media files. Disconnected from computer and launched Gallery to update media.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

But whenever you shoot a new video you will be forced to do this? And every video you download will go into videos folder and those you shoot will go into DCIM folder. Videos from DCIM folder wont be shown in videos application and those from videos folder are not shown in gallery.WHAT THE HECK.?
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ansluk

My problem was that video I had shot with the phone before belle update didn't show in gallery. Video shot after update did show up. So no, I will not have to this every time I shoot a new video.

I agree that sending video to different applications based on folder location is strange.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

O.K. guys i think i found the solution;if the destination of DCMI folder is in memory card,remove the memory card from phone,put it in your computer and copy all photos and videos to DCMI>100 nokia.doing this,all the stuff apears only in gallery.worked for me!

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
raushankumar27

can there be a parmanent solution
Please use plain text.