Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Please help me‏ ‏‎(new software n73 4.0839.42....

Contributor

Please help me‏ ‏‎(new software n73 4.0839.42.1

Hi guys, please
any one have phone n73 and update new software 4.0839.42.1 i want to know from him that this new software update are good or no because i am afraid to updating my phone from bugs and problem
please replay me necessary and faster
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

Re: Please help me‏ ‏‎(new software n73 4.0839.42.1

Why do you think Nokia makes new FW for phones?! They improve the FW! :smileyvery-happy:

I would always go for the latest FW!

Be brave, go for it! :smileyhappy:
By clicking the "Kudos!" or the "Solution?" button on the right you can say "Thank You" and you´ll show the author and others that the post is useful.

The day we stop improving is the day we stop being good.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

the first thanks for your reply but I already update the new FW 4.0839.42.2.1 as you advice me and I found the bugs such as the equaliser preset in music player not edit as I like, I mean that when I edit it and close and open again I find it back as default and the camera bad when i download the image in my PC but the phone become faster than before
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

Has the firmware update brought more improvements or more bugs? :smileyhappy:
By clicking the "Kudos!" or the "Solution?" button on the right you can say "Thank You" and you´ll show the author and others that the post is useful.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

my dear listen :

all people who download this FW was complain from it so i am not only man please read all guys discussion about this FW
I don`t know how are big company such as nokia can`t make an improve firmware at this moment
Please use plain text.
Contributor

hi, my use n73 now is version 4.0812.4.1
there r thing that r bugging me also which make sorry that why did i ever do update,
the install bugs cannot be remove or deleted even i don't need it
1.world maps- i dont need coz it need extra gadjet for gps
2.service TIM- cannot use coz in italian
3.video cntre- cannot use coz no gateway
4.TIMail Zone- no fuction
5.Shozu- cannot use coz in italian
6.FlashMe- no respon
7TIM I'm- no respon
8.News Clik- no respon

All these 8 cannot be remove or deleted from phone,
and it already consume about 20mb from 45mb of N73 phone memory
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

Funny that all features that you mentioned are not a part of the original firmware update, but part of what the company that sold this branded phone, apparrently italian carrier TIM, wanted to have on the phone.

So you should better complain with them then with the update. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.