Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Please help me to upgrade my N70 Firmware!!

Please help me to upgrade my N70 Firmware!!

Dear sir
Hi, i have problem for upgrade My N70 firmware.
current firmware is v 2.0536.0.2 12-09-05 RM-84
and try to upgrade V 5.XXX by Nokia software updater but then check the firmware version say there is no upgrade in your phone.
please help me to solve the problem
THX
Advisor
ap0kalipse

Re: Please help me to upgrade my N70 Firmware!!

Is this a 'generic' nokia or a network branded phone, like vodafone or o2?

If so then you will be on the latest 'approved' version for your network which is why the phone will not update.

29-Aug-2006
02:10 PM
ap0kalipse wrote:
Is this a 'generic' nokia or a network branded phone, like vodafone or o2?

If so then you will be on the latest 'approved' version for your network which is why the phone will not update.

its generic. please guide to upgrade
Sage

That means there is no newer firmware for your phone.

You may need to check again after one month or so if there released newer version for your N70 phone.
Arabian
We Arab Portal Network http://www.WeArab.Net/
Phones: 9300i, E70, N80, 6670, 6280, and 6111
Sage
geojoking

was your phone debranded ? is it operator locked ?
Previous phones: 3330, 3410, 3510i, 3200, 6230, Nokia N70, Nokia N73, Nokia N82, Nokia 5500 Sport & Nokia N97

Current: Nokia N900
Advisor

Have you just tried again? Maybe they had not already loaded your language variant when you tried this? What language / where you are from BTW - maybe somebody having same language phone could best help you??
Professor

Maybe your product code is not supported?

/discussions/board/message?board.id=swupdate&message.id=451
Mobile Visionary

hmm, i guess this is possible - i would assume it would take some time for nokia to include all the product codes in their databases for this. would also be a reason why not every phone is included right now as well.
Registered Member
youngpaddy

I need my phon to be updated so i have not seen where to update the phone,so i need ur help
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

The problem with the N70 is that it is an old, obsolete phone. I would be surprised if it was still supported by Nokia Suite and I'm pretty certain that Nokia Care Points will no longer have the required hardware and software to flash an N70.

A big clue to this is the fact that you just resurrected a thread that was 7 years old...

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

youngpaddy wrote:
I need my phon to be updated so i have not seen where to update the phone,so i need ur help

Nokia N70 still claimed to be supported by Nokia Suite in this resource so worth trying: http://www.nokia.com/mea-en/support/product/n70/

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0