Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problem following failed update on Nokia X6

Registered Member
middle_one
Accepted Solution

Problem following failed update on Nokia X6

I used the PC Ovi software to install the update to my x6 last night, that failed due to insufficient battery (15%) so I charged the phone overnight and tried again this morning at the 'retry' that I left up.

That started up, went through the phases (backup etc) until the final one which failed with a message about 'Timeout' - thought that might have been related to the phone going into screensaver ?

The message (which I unfortunately quickly clicked off) indicated I could install the s/w update that was on my phone but I can't woprk out how.  There is no update awaiting installation on the list of updates.

Phone s/w version I'm currently running is V31.0.004 27-12-1010 Custom version 31.0.004.249.10

Please use plain text.
Professor
vvaino

[ Edited ]

Hello @middle_one,

With the Ovi Suite (when you have connected your phone to your PC via the

cable you got with the phone) you can reinstall the latest firmware you

have in your phone.

Just hit the green arrow you see on far right in the upper line. The Suite checks

if there is new updates available and there where the information concerning

your phone is, you see text "reinstall current software" (or something like this. sorry,

I have the Finnish version). Hit it and you'll get your software reloaded.

-vvaino

#SwitchToLumia
Please use plain text.
Professor
vvaino

You can also see this @spychomania's excellent post;

/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Recovering-from-a-failed-firmware-update/m-p/398147/highlight/true#M112

-vvaino

#SwitchToLumia
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
middle_one

Thanks - hopefully the first suggestion will do the job, will try tonight.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
middle_one

Sorted - thanks, it seemed to need a couple of tries with the OVI Suite before I saw the link for reinstalling; that did then hit problems part way through as, I think, the drivers for the USB get removed during the install and that then lead to the PC - Phone link dropping and I had to power the phone off and on and reconnect the phone before it completed the install, thought I was going to be left with a dead phone but all ok now.

Please use plain text.
rezaka

i tryed to update software on my x6 nokia but pc restarted when i started it agayn phone coldnt start only vibrate  and the phone reinstalation coldnt not be finished pls help i dont want to give money to repair the phone :smileysad:

Please use plain text.