Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Problem with OVI MAPS on N8

Advisor
zouhair
Accepted Solution

Problem with OVI MAPS on N8

I have a N8 with the last update of OVI MAPS, my problem is I don't like use the maps with internet
so I put the phone in OFFLINE mode but now the phone can not connect with the OFFLINE mode is looking for position

I have a N8 with the last update of OVI MAPS, my problem is I don't like use the maps with internet's I put the phone in OFFLINE mode but now the phone can not connect with the OFFLINE mode is looking for position

can someone help me??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Re: Problem with OVI MAPS on N8

This query is better anwered when put up at Ovi services board, anyway I'll answer. For offline navigation in Ovi maps you need to download the map data of that particular place, you can use Ovi suite to download maps of various countries. The phone is looking for position because it hasn't got any information about that place.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zouhair

but i have downloaded the map data of that particular place,
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

So you can see the detailed map but not your position ? With Integrated GPS and Offline mode.. you must go to an area open to sky.. Open the Maps application and wait ... It may take upto 25 minutes to show your location depending upon the topography and weather...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zouhair

so you think is normal?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Try out what I said.. and if you still don't get your position.. its abnormal..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zouhair

thank's a lot :squint:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You are welcome.. and Pl. post your feedback..

Please use plain text.
CM12

I've updated my maps but now it is not working really wouldn't recommend nokia or any of it's updates.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

CM12 wrote:

I've updated my maps but now it is not working really wouldn't recommend nokia or any of it's updates.

Whats the issue you are facing ? Provide more details so that other users can help you sort it out ...

Please use plain text.