Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Problems after SW update and then *#7370# rese...

Advisor
siddharth2694
Accepted Solution

Problems after SW update and then *#7370# reset on E63

I updated my E63 software to 510.21.010 using the NSU available from CNET. Whatever applications were installed on the memory card were not visible in the installations folder but i could see "installed" in the application manager. So i saved all my things on the computer and did the *#7370# restore and formated the card as well. Now the Nokia store doesn't open and when i go to the Nokia site it asks me to download a different phone's nokia store(i deleted the nokia store from installations as well)....please help
Thanks in advance.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Problems after SW update and then *#7370# reset on E63

@siddharth2694

For a S60 3rd FP1 device like your E63 provided that you used "Backup phone memory" to memory card and most of applications installed upon memory card would have been easily recoverable after "hard reset", although there would be some strange alphanumeric titles at top of installed applications requiring re-installation; it wasn't a particularly good time to chosse to re-format memory card.

You need OviStore_31_prdSrv_1_22_015_18376.sisx which is the same for a number of S60 3rd FP1 devices.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Advisor
siddharth2694

i had already made the backup on the memory card...when i went to the application manager i saw what you are talking about...but when i tried installing them it said 'error in installing'(as far as i remember). Anyways where can i find the sisx you mentioned?? And btw when i install the file from the nokia site it says something like 'application is not compatible install anyway?'
Advisor
siddharth2694

The irony is that the nokia site detects my phone as E63 but when installing the file it gives me what you gave me but instead of the _31_ it is _5250_ and the last five digits probably differ too.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

siddharth2694 wrote:
Anyways where can I find the sisx you mentioned?

Perhaps "Google" for OviStore_31_prdSrv_1_22_015.sisx?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Advisor
siddharth2694

found the file...btw what do the last digits represent in the sisx??
Advisor
siddharth2694

problem...when i start the installation it asks me to replace earlier version, i click ok...it shows installation and when its just about to complete 'preparing to install' appears again and when installing it stops at around 5-10% and says 'file not found'
Advisor
siddharth2694

help anyone??
Advisor
siddharth2694

lol...i just re-installed the firmware and it started working properly...