Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Question about language pack ? will the updated fi...

Counsellor

Re: Question about language pack ? will the updated firmware contain my language pack ??

Hi Ray_S,
I am in middle east and have nokia N80.Product code is 0526976.Can you pls let me know that upgarde will Retain my arabic language or not??

Rgds,
Please use plain text.

Re: Question about language pack ? will the updated firmware contain my language pack ??

Hi all,
i'am from Italy and i have just bought an new Nokia E70 on ebay from an UK seller. Mobile comes with English, Spanish and Portuguese languages.

Do you know how can i upload italian language? Is it sufficient to install the new firmware?

Please help me :smileyhappy:

Thanks,
Davide
Please use plain text.

Hi Ray_S!
Please help me!
I reinstalled my phone software and I've lost the Bulgarian laguage!

Nokia N72
CODE:0534977

Hope you will write soon!
Please use plain text.
Professor

arifz786 your N80 is Arabic.

bagarospo636 and sotiroff, as this is a official Nokia forum you won't find any help here to restore lost languages as it's against the rules of the forum. However it might be worth paying your local service centre or place of purchase a visit.
First use the search to see if your question has already been answered...
Secondly I will not knowingly assist in breaking the forum rules.
My information is always changing, what I post at the time is usually true.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thans ray_s.That means i can upgrade my N80.will not loose the Arabic language.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Please, i need a right code for Italian language on a Nokia E61.
Thanks, thanks a lot
Alberto
Please use plain text.
Contributor

My Nokia E70 product code is 0527538. What is in the original language pack? At the moment it has English, Indonesia, Malaysia & Philipino. Will it remain the same after upgrading? In my case I do not want Chinese as it will make the browser font smaller. When I first got the phone it has English and Chinese and I requested the Nokia Service Centre to remove Chinese.
Please use plain text.
Professor

albyus, not sure I understand the question?

khokk, you should get English and Chinese again as that's what your E70 originally had if you use the NSU to upgrade your phone.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

[ Edited ]
ray_s, when Nokia manufactures a device, their systems make a note of what language or operator version of phone software (firmware) was put on the device.

Then, when NSU or an official Nokia service center updates the device, the latest version of that firmware will be delivered (otherwise the device might get wrong software, and in the worst situations it might not even work).

Now, if someone (usually an unofficial, often illegal "grey market" importer/reseller) gets devices intended for another market, and (illegally) also replaces the firmware with another version intended for that other market, the buyer ends up with a device that has the language they may want, but it isn't what that particular device should have.

When such a device user updates the firmware using NSU, what gets delivered is not the language version the device has now, but what was put on it originally when it was manufactured.

Currently the only way I'm aware of to safe-guard yourself for such (besides not updating the firmware) is to buy the devices from authorized resellers only (retailers or network operators).

Anyway, this has resulting in the need/desire to compare product codes to figure out what market/region the device was originally intended for, and whether it is safe to use NSU or not (without loosing the languages on the device now).

Message Edited by petrib on 04-Nov-2006
01:26 PM

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks for the info. Ray_s. But I wonder how the NSC remove Chinese and add Malaysia, Indonesia & Philipino. As I mentioned in my previous posting the phone had only English and Chinese when I first received it. Maybe it is a new language pack altogether.
Please use plain text.
Professor

[ Edited ]
petrib, I am fully aware of the situation, great post all the same, should be a sticky/faq.

khokk, you are right more or less.

Message Edited by ray_s on 05-Nov-2006
03:46 AM

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Ray,

I have a Nokia E70 (code 0527538) with de English Language.
Do It's possible change the code?
I need to have a Portuguese Language, and the update only install de English and Chinese Language.

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Professor

jeff_bsb, officially it's not possible.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have spent the good part of 3 days in Singapore attempting to change the language from English and Chinese to European. Nokia Service Centre is unwilling to make any change. Are we expected to believe that everyone who works and resides in Singapore speaks ONLY English and Chinese? I have clients in Europe whose only language is French. Moreover what about businessmen in Singapore who are in constant with India does that mean that they now according to Nokia's rules have to learn English or Chinese only so that they can receive a proper email or SMS? how ludicrous is this on the part of Nokia especially when other phone such as Sony Ericsson, Motorola come with MULTI LANGUAGE functionality and we are able to download FREELY from their websites. What century is NOKIA still working do they advocate colonialism?? It would seem so from the way in which they have loaded their E61 phones. I would appreciate if a bright person from NOKIA were to give me an email with a way forward in rectifying the language issue. I CANNOT WORK WITH 2 LANGUAGE AND I CANNOT SEE OTHERS DOING SO EITHER. Small wonder then that this phone has NOT caught on well in Asia compared to the Sony M600i. Again I await an email from a bone fide NOKIA techinician to address this flaw and IT IS A FLAW an ultraistic and racist FLAW!
Please use plain text.

Question about language pack ? will the updated firmware contain my language pack ??

My production code is :0529379 My phone is N80 I will wait for your answer. I need spanish language in pack Please Help me I want to update but I don´t want lost spanish language thank you
Please use plain text.

ray_s please,

What is the language package for:

Type: RM-1
Model: 6630
Code: 0521009

Where I can find it?

Thank you
Joao
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Question about language pack ?

On some emails, SMS and Docs we all get small rectangular boxes most likely due to the fact that the English font installed on ALL Nokia E61 phones is extremely limited in its character sets. A fix is to provide a font such as "Courier New" which has an EXTENSIVE character set. This by the way is the same issue in MS Word if you use a Font that does not support accents or greek letter i.e. engineering terms. This also would by the way be a fix for individuals that would like to converse in other languages without having to change the language settings which would be incompatible with and will impact the keyboard functionality. Nokia should provide such a complete Font download at once on its firmware updates in regions. It is easy, inexpensive, and a quick fix that would keep your clients around the world happy with the product they purchased as they would be able to converse in ANY language and from ANY Nokia E61 handheld. There would no longer be the need for language packs!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
henklbr

09-Nov-2006
01:34 PM
jobaira wrote:
My production code is :0529379 My phone is N80 I will wait for your answer. I need spanish language in pack Please Help me I want to update but I don´t want lost spanish language thank you

Which languages are now in your n80; also Dutch (Nederlands)?
Greeeetzzz, Henk.
RM-159 / Nokia N95-1 (8Gb)
V 21.0.016 (02.01) / 14-02-08
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
henklbr

01-Nov-2006
01:22 AM
ray_s wrote:
0529381 is Euro1.

N80 Euro1 has:

English
French
Dutch
Italian
Spanish
Portuguese

Are you sure Euro-1 has the Dutch language? Not Euro-2 ?
Greeeetzzz, Henk.
RM-159 / Nokia N95-1 (8Gb)
V 21.0.016 (02.01) / 14-02-08
Please use plain text.

Now I have selected automatic in lenguage menu, but i can selected english francais deutsch italiano español and portugues. thank you for help me
Please use plain text.